Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • I've just enjoyed a Big Mac
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Why does everyone knock Macdonalds so much. Due to a lack of domestic organisation today I was without my usual sandwich for lunch so I nipped round the corner for a Big Mac.
    You've got bread, meat and a bit of salad so there's some carbohydrate, protein and a small step towards your five a day recommended intake of fruit and veg. Reasonably balanced, I'd say and quite tasty, not outstanding but certainly adequate and quick.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Reasonably balanced

I like to have one in each hand, can't get more balanced than that.

binners

Macdonalds breakfasts are the best hangover cure in the world. FACT! t would be impossible to squeeze more salt into a meal, short of emptying sachets of it into your gob

binners

I once at and watched in horror as my mate Walshy – who is a very large fella – ate 12 Big Macs, one after the other. Perfect stomach lining for the all day drinking binge we were about to embark on apparently

thegreatape
    Free Member

12 Big Macs, only a lining?

BigDummy
    Free Member

That is not a nice idea… 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Sometimes I take my son to MacDonalds cos he likes the free toys. It is so occasionally, that I forget and sometimes make the mistake of buying one of their burgers for myself.
    Yes, its bread, meat and a bit of salad and in the menu pics looks pretty tasty.
    But it always tastes like shit. And gives me indigestion. The supposed "meat" tastes like cardboard left out in the rain.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I could've happily have eaten another one, but 12? Has he spoken to the chaps at Guinesss World Records?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Agreed Dez. I'd definitely like them if they were like they are in the pictures though. 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

my mate ate one of everything on the menu when we lived in germany and they have more to choose from than uk 😉 he used to do a bigmac in two bites lol

binners

Dez. I do that too. My daughters make an ideal excuse to eat rubbish 🙂

And my mate who ate 12 was boxing super-heavyweight at the time, is the size of a house, and probably looked on it as a light snack

AndyP
    Free Member

I once at and watched in horror as my mate Walshy – who is a very large fella – ate 12 Big Macs, one after the other. Perfect stomach lining for the all day drinking binge we were about to embark on apparently
    sweet baby jebus and the orphans. I managed 7 once and thought that was good. TWELVE? Respect due.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've not eaten a McDs burger for ohh, 10 years now, and have not the slightest inclination to ever try one ever again. For the same money, I can make a faaaaar better lunch myself.

binners

PeterPoddy – You're missing the point. Its not about better. Its about enjoying guilty pleasures.

Big Macs are the culinary equivalent of late-night liaisons with more amply proportioned ladies.

AndyP
    Free Member

Big Macs are the culinary equivalent of late-night liaisons with more amply proportioned ginger ladies.

djglover
    Free Member

Burger King Whopper is FAR better

bassspine
    Free Member

so, pot noodle anyone?

sobriety
    Free Member

Big Macs are the culinary equivalent of late-night liaisons with more amply proportioned ginger ladyboys.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – You're missing the point. Its not about better. Its about enjoying guilty pleasures.

Big Macs are the culinary equivalent of late-night liaisons with more amply proportioned ladies.

I'd go for cake, myself. Big Macs are disgusting.

duckman

There is a lad at Lansdowne rugby club who goes by the nickname of "burger" On account of eating 30 of the pound savers.

DezB
    Free Member

Big Macs are the culinary equivalent of late-night liaisons with more amply proportioned ladies

If those liaisons involve sucking between the toes of their stockinged feet, maybe.

Dobbo

I've just had a Big Poo, not sure why this thread make me think of that though.

GrahamS

We were stuck in some forsaken retail park the other weekend and due to their being no other option we had a MaccyDs.

I went for the Big Tasty, which to its credit was actually quite big…

grumm
    Free Member

There's usually a burger stall right outside my local McDonalds that sells really nice freshly cooked burgers with local meat – miles better than McDonalds. All too tempting. 😛

binners

I know what you mean Grumm. The bastards who own the deli at the top of my road cook bratwurst on a big barby on a Saturday morning outside the shop. I have to walk past it to go and get the papers. Except I rarely actually do walk past it.

sofatester
    Free Member

McDonalds – Food of the devil.

You’re all going to burn in hell for eternity! 😈

binners

You’re all going to burn in hell for eternity!

Well… we'll certainly be combustible enough

mt
    Free Member

Ever watched Super Size Me that documentry, watch it then go and buy a burger.

kimbers

now i live in chiswick i eschew maccyDs in favour of gormet burger kitchen as my hangover cure of choice
    mmmmmmm kiwi burger

barca
    Free Member

Peter Poddy. Do you ever buy something and then quite frivolously and without care buy it again someday without first having taken it apart, picked at it, serviced it so it's better than new and not criticised it for its inherent shortcomings?
    It's a f**ckin' Big Mac for **** sake!
    :-}

sofatester
    Free Member

Well… we'll certainly be combustible enough

Yes, lard does burn rather well.

toys19
    Free Member

Mc'ds quarter punder with cheese, is yum, I like a big Mac, Chicken Sandwich, Wopper with Cheese, McD's brekky Pot noodle, yum yum.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

My office isn't far away from McD's and occasionally I'll succumb to the pleasures. Its a bit like "self-love". Good at the time, but you get to feeling dirty afterwards.

steve-g
    Free Member

I would rather eat at macdonalds than gbk, tried it once and it was awful. A fat lump of undercooked mince with peanut butter on it wrapped up on a stale bun was my "satay burger", one of the weirdest things I've ever eaten

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I persoanlly prefer, when forced to go fast food, to have a portion of anemic battery chicken encrusted in salt and floor sweepings, deep fried and served in a greasy bucket.

Or if I am in the area, and endowed of sufficient patience to endure the slowest service known to mankind, Falafel King in Brizzers. Top nosh, zero animal cruelty points.

nickc

Road trip food. I'm always slightly suspicious of how Burger King get theirs to taste that bit nicer than McD's. At least with a Maccy you know it'll be a bit plastic. Great shakes though

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I would rather eat at macdonalds than gbk, tried it once and it was awful. A fat lump of undercooked mince with peanut butter on it wrapped up on a stale bun was my "satay burger", one of the weirdest things I've ever eaten

Aye, I was disappointed by the gbk experiance too, plus one on the style, nil points on the taste.

Why does everything have to be served in a 12" high stack too?

thefettler
    Free Member

Angus burger
    Mc Donald's are knocking these out in oz!
    not bad for Shite

BlingBling
    Free Member

I like to order the chicken burger with no sauce then pour a whole pot of curry dipping sauce on instead OM-NOM-NOM-NOM-NOM! :mrgreen:

Royal cheese plain then pour over BBQ sauce is also excellent.

But i agree BK >>> McD

binners

Lets be honest, the moment alcohol has touched ones lips, theres only one type of fast food going to cut it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘I've just enjoyed a Big Mac’ is closed to new replies.