Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • It's SHITE being Scottish
  • grum
    Free Member

Haha, the troll doesn’t like getting trolled. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are english people allowed to use the edinburgh defence?

The progenitor of said defence is an Englishman.

🙂

colournoise

coastkid – Member
    Back onto Scottish films, along with Local Hero and Gregorys Girl, dont forget Bill Forsyths other classic Comfort and Joy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHMFooKZsFs

Not Forsyth, but I always quite liked this one too.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueW0GCRSYv4[/video]

slainte 😀 rob

yunki
    Free Member

back onto scottish films

not entirely Scottish but worth a watch if you’re a enthusiast..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a2jmA2ZNFk[/video]

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

grum – explain where I was trolled?

_tom_
    Free Member

wasn’t the op just saying ‘look, I was at that place where they shot the ‘being scottish…’ bit from trainspotting’?

Somehow I’m yet to see Trainspotting but now feel a bit silly and would like to retract my previous willy-waves 😳

druidh
    Free Member

rshaul – Member
    i know there is the route around loch ossian but not really long or challenging enough to make the trip worthwhile

Grr!! that’s everything that’s wrong with todays mountain bikers right there 😉 Truth is, the ride from Loch Laggan and around the north side of the loch could easily be done on a CX bike. Nice “driveway” though…

P1020301 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

also for getting fed at the station,did find a site from a year or so ago saying the station cafe/tearoom was to be closed.is that still the case?

It was closed but it is now being run as a B&B/Cafe by the SYHA (in addition to the traditional YH at the lochside). Very pleasant, they also do evening meals AND IT’S LICENSED!!!

Haggis & Cheese toastie anyone?

IMAG0270 by druidh_dubh, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

hmmmmm, I have wednesday off this week…..I wonder…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is Scotland a separate country then ?
    I thought it was part of England.

No it is Graham, it is.

It’s a suburb of Manchester I think.

Or maybe Newcastle. It’s not important though.

sunnrider
    Free Member

its suprising how often I´ve had to explain to spanish friends that scotland, along with wales and ireland, are not england..

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Is that because we all go on holiday to their country, get very drunk, sunburnt and act like ****ts?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

its suprising how often I´ve had to explain to spanish friends that scotland, along with wales and ireland, are not england

And Basque is not Spain. The Catalunyan’s are a bit antsy too IME.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Basque is not Spain

Also very true but then, I´ve had to nutshell the basque/spanish conflicts to everyone back home. It´s not as well known as you might think.
    It seems there are large chunks of Spain (outside the Basque Country) who don´t consider themselves spanish either.

I think a lot of it is to do with geography and climate, take Scotland for example, geographically its a different country despite being part of the same island as england and wales. I hear the weather is lovely there all year round too 😉

duckman

Have you seen the mad house at the end of the loch past the youth hostel? Grand designs style heap…with no obvious way of getting anywhere except a train station that gets 2-3 trains a day.

druidh
    Free Member

4×4’s a go-go

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘It's SHITE being Scottish’ is closed to new replies.