Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • It's SHITE being Scottish
  • druidh
    Free Member

Guess where I was yesterday…. 🙂

althepal

Did you take a carry oot?

aracer
    Free Member

On a train?

donsimon
    Free Member

Ibiza?

saleem
    Free Member

Waiting for a train to England

higthepig
    Free Member

At the end of the line?

speckledbob
    Free Member

Scotland?

binners

It’s a shite state of affairs tommy!

kimbers

thats funny today i had to go for a dump in a bookies…..

dogbert
    Free Member

tee-hee

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tJJO_pVvQ[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

looks shite druidh bit like this

19 camp 2 view 5 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Corrour / Stob Coire Easain background. A bleak hooch…

13thfloormonk

We were on that platform a couple of weeks back, drinking a bottle of champage I had just pulled out of a peat bog further back along the track 😀 Strangest birthday surprise I think my mum’s ever had…

rickmeister

Is that the only bit of tarmac ever completed for the next Forth Crossing… ?

_tom_
    Free Member

If we’re willy waving, this is where I was today 🙂 About half way down Comfortably Numb.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m not sure bragging is in your nature druid, please at least try to get it right:

You seem to be boasting about your nationality, while showing a picture of your overpriced bling-battleship in Scotland. The 2 are unconnected my friend!

TooTall
    Free Member

Are you claiming your evidently overpriced commuter won’t get nicked, despite the lack of lock, because you are a Sweaty Sock?

rOcKeTdOg

Is it because you have to ruin the look of a half decent bike with a ugly mudguard?

Diane
    Free Member

An

Euro
    Free Member

Renton’s rant always makes me smile. He’s right too, the English are w&nkers!

trailmonkey

the English are w&nkers!

we do serve a purpose though.

without us there would be no one else left in the world that you could pour that kind of racist bile over without being branded a narrow minded, xenophobic, knuckle dragging moron.

give us credit where it’s due.

yossarian
    Free Member

Renton’s rant always makes me smile. He’s right too, the English are w&nkers!

Happy to take the blame for your failings as always.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“it’s shite being Scottish”

Don’t be so hard on yourselves 😉 we love you all anyway.

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Am I the only one who didn’t think he was bragging? 😕

Euro
    Free Member

without us there would be no one else left in the world that you could pour that kind of racist bile over without being branded a narrow minded, xenophobic, knuckle dragging moron.

See?

p.s I think i’m from a similar race as you, only my race still has a sense of humour.

yossarian
    Free Member

Am I the only one who didn’t think he was bragging?

I didnt really understand how being Scottish was linked to riding in the mountains not being shite. Was it a being Scottish is great thing or a riding in Scotland is great thing? Or maybe a combined being Scottish and riding in Scotland is great thing?

yossarian
    Free Member

p.s I think i’m from a similar race as you, only my race still has a sense of humour.

What ‘race’ are you from then euro?

Euro
    Free Member

Human race yossarian, Irish division.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Ahh, cue lots of Irish jokes 😛

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Sorry to state the obvious and have maybe missed something due to my hungover state but wasn’t the op just saying ‘look, I was at that place where they shot the ‘being scottish…’ bit from trainspotting’?

Canibearaindogtoo: proudly stating the obvious since 1978

druidh
    Free Member

Yes – for those (mainly south of the border) that don’t get the connection, the wee video exerpt from Trainspotting that pops up when the photo is clicked was filmed at Corrour Station.

Which is where my little ride took me yesterday. Excellent haggis & cheese toast from the SYHA restaurant too…..

donsimon
    Free Member

give us credit where it’s due.
    I think credit is generally given, I think many people recognise the effort and dedication put in to achieve this status. I raise my hat sir.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Well, that seems to have been lost on some…Deary me 🙄

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I could tell without opening the thread exactly what the photo would contain. I only opened it to see what bile was spouted by there sour humourless morons amongst us.

I love Renton’s rant.

TooTall
    Free Member

Yes – for those (mainly south of the border) that don’t get the connection

Or anyone else who thought it was a distinctly average film and forgot most of it very soon after seeing it? It is now available in a box set, along with Braveheart, Local Hero and Whisky Galore for the ethnic audience? 🙄 Oh – and TJ of course. Let’s not forget the Surrey Highlander himself.

MrSmith
    Free Member

why do the jocks have to wear it on their sleeve? are they better than everyone else? or is it that they feel they have to broadcast their jingoism from the top of their “real mountains” to make up for some other insecurity?

druidh
    Free Member

Ah now – Local Hero. Fantastic movie filled with some brilliant humour. Deserves at least a couple of airings as there’s often too much going on.

Edric64
    Free Member

Isnt Gregorys Girl in that box set as well?

TooTall
    Free Member

I was just coming back to add Gregorys Girl. Too late.

Yet Restless Natives won’t be. A better film than the rest put together.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why do the jocks have to wear it on their sleeve? are they better than everyone else? or is it that they feel they have to broadcast their jingoism from the top of their “real mountains” to make up for some other insecurity?

Post like this are almost certain to win them over to how nice you are. Keep up the excellent PR work for your country.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘It's SHITE being Scottish’ is closed to new replies.