Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • It's here, my new Niner
  • flange
    Free Member

Big thanks to Rob, Matt and Stu at lifecyclesUK, the Niner is done and ready to be ridden.

Spec
    Di2 K-Edge conversion
    Enve/tune wheels
    Tune cranks
    Enve Bar/stem/seat post
    Clegg brakes

Weighs in at a shade under 18lbs without pedals.

wwaswas

got the winter tyres on it for weighing then 😉

Looks lovely and Di2 thing interesting – although the shifter clamps don’t look too knee freindly?

fatgit
    Free Member

OMFG
    The nicest bike I have seen-probably ever!!!!!
    Cheers
    Steve

flange
    Free Member

Ha! to be honest, it won’t be used until it dries up a bit – I can’t afford to replace the rear mech when it gets bunged up with mud and torn off!

fathomer

Very nice, I dread to think what it cost!

fenred
    Free Member

it won’t be used until it dries up a bit – I can’t afford to replace the rear mech when it gets bunged up with mud and torn off!

Oh, it’s not a mountain bike then? 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Pimptastic!!

If it was mine I’d be ditching the front mech and fitting a bouncy fork.

Nice though.

carbon337
    Free Member

That is awesome – enjoy it

Rosss
    Free Member

Stunning matey but that needs hanging up in the living room not riding!

njee20
    Free Member

Nice. Well done.

rewski
    Free Member

That’s a keeper, loving the sweep on the bars.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Cracking! though you really need a bouncy fork and i would love to race that

ashfanman
    Free Member

OMFG

Just about sums it up.

Nicely understated, given how ridiculously pimpy it is. A bit too ‘showbike’ for my tastes – I don’t really see the point in a mountainbike that you don’t want to get muddy – but that doesn’t change the fact that it really is stunning.

I won’t ask how much it cost… 😉

Kryton57

Really nice.

I like those niners.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

That has to be about the nicest thing I’ve ever seen on here.
    Well done Sir.

mcboo
    Free Member

Hah great effort, beautiful and ridiculous.

GregMay
    Free Member

Wow…stunning. Looking nice and understated also.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ll bite… how much? I could have a stab at it given the price list of the KI2 but I think I’d cry.

Looks lovely though

portlyone

Did you run out of money when you got to the pedals? 😉

Looks great though, not sure I’d be able to ride it outdoors!

neilforrow

that is proper bo. love it. The finishing kit works well.

Make sure you take some better photos of it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“B’out friggin time” cough

Looks Ok, erm, yeah looks Ok that, from a distance.. about 10ft away, bet it looks pants up close.. (phah)
    Too much gear’idge for my liking but congratulations on choosing some sexy wheels and fitting kit, let us know how they perform once you finally get the thing dirty.

You are aware that bikes do get dirty, you know filthy dirty? Ahh good. I couldn’t build it up then not ride it until it dried up, I’d have to kill it dead now.

Question:
    Them there cranks and spider, do they do them in blue (Niner blue)?

sbob
    Free Member

Simple and tasteful, two thumbs from me.
    Enjoy!

flange
    Free Member

Thanks all

No drama folks, it will be ridden. I’m planning to do the nationals and Regionals again next year and plan to use this to do it. However I’m currently racing the winter series at thetford and from below you can see the conditions from last time – and that’s SS!

Pedals are now fitted, a nice set of XTR’s are sat on it. As for ditching the front ring, I did discuss this with Rob, but it means losing the best bit of Di2 – the front mech. It self trims when you’re shifting up and down the block which makes me smile…a lot! Anyway, there’s a few things I’ll probably change on it regarding position and possible once the warranty has run out we’ll drill the frame to run the cables internally. I’m half tempted to see what weight it’ll build up at as a SS but for now, the Ki2 stays…

Them there cranks and spider, do they do them in blue (Niner blue)?

You’d have to have a chat with Rob, but if your pockets are deep enough I’d imagine something can be worked out. I’d be surprised if they don’t though, and the BOR ones are very similar and I’ve seen those in blue. As we were putting the pedals on (I say ‘we’, I mean Matt) he commented that the pedal thread felt like a bearing it was that well machined.

fontmoss
    Free Member

sex wee

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Nice! Let us know how the DI2 copes with the winter

spawnofyorkshire

sex wee

njee20
    Free Member

he commented that the pedal thread felt like a bearing it was that well machined.

Tune must have sorted their manufacturing out then, their stuff used to be pretty crap sadly when it came to quality! 5 years ago I wasn’t aware of anyone using anything that hadn’t broken! I know their freehubs still crack, but hopefully the rest is alright!

FuzzyWuzzy

Very nice, I hope they didn’t leave it on the shop floor for long though, the amount of muppets I see pressing Di2/EPS buttons on stationary bikes in shops makes me cry

weeksy

What’s a Di2 ?

tracknicko
    Free Member

Very nice, I hope they didn’t leave it on the shop floor for long though, the amount of muppets I see pressing Di2/EPS buttons on stationary bikes in shops makes me cry

if pressing the buttons is gonna break it then i wouldnt want it…

Dangerboy
    Free Member

That is lovely.

rexated
    Free Member

Christ’s bowels, that’s a stunner. Is that the Air9C or RDO? Again, will be interested to hear how the Di2 holds up.

flange
    Free Member

Tune must have sorted their manufacturing out then, their stuff used to be pretty crap

Now I know we’ve had this discussion before and the only pieces I’ve got other than what’s here are a set of king/kong hubs so I don’t have a wealth of experience. However, the hubs I’ve got have been fine (although they have the ti upgraded freehub because the other one cut up quite a lot apparently). But I’ve also read bad things about QC – time will tell!

It’s an Air9C – when we ordered it they hadn’t released the RDO. Rob has recently done an RDO Jet 9 with full XX. Now THAT was a lovely bike….

Bazz

That is sweet, i’ve been waiting along time to finally see the finished pictures of that, considering that it weighs about the same as my road bike i think i would have gone for a suspension fork and still had a light bike, but each to their own.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of SIDS to go on it (well, they’re hung in the shop at the moment)should it require them. But the first races next year are at Sherwood and the regionals are all pretty smooth

bikebouy
    Free Member

You Sir have got an eye for colour matching.

It does look sweet..

If you don’t want to get it mucky like, I’m sure one of us lot (here) would do that for you, you only have ask,

Go on, ask away..

Go on, bet none of us could pull a half decent wheelie on it and slam it nose down hard..

Spokes.. what spokes have you used??

honourablegeorge

flange – Member
    Ha! to be honest, it won’t be used until it dries up a bit – I can’t afford to replace the rear mech when it gets bunged up with mud and torn off!

That’s the point where it stops being a bike and becomes an ornament. I couldn’t be arsed with a bike that I wasn’t going to ride, crash, fall off, and generally mistreat.

DezB
    Free Member

I couldn’t be arsed with a bike that I wasn’t going to ride, crash, fall off, and generally mistreat.

Me neither, but maybe if I was LOADED it might be different!

mos

Go on then, how much?

D0NK

Looks nice (and ridiculously expensive but that’s between you and your loan shark) and I’m looking forward to leccy gears for mtbs but being afraid to ride it in the mud kinda sucks.

Could you not SS it for winter? ooh wonder how light it’d be then

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘It's here, my new Niner’ is closed to new replies.