Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Isle of Man E-2-E
  • TheSanityAssassin

Anyone else partaking?

Any recommendations for tyre choice from previous participants?

NB: Any replies from the bunch of bawbags from mleh will be disregarded as expected. :finger:

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Theres 15 of us going down from Penrith int Lakes,Bonty Mud x is what a few of us are using..

robarnold
    Free Member

Mud X is a wise choice, trails are sh1tty and more rain forecast later in the week. There are also some rocky descents on the course so something with a bit of protection would be handy.

Fancy a swap? My cold for a fresh pair of legs?

druidh
    Free Member

“What tyres”???? Really?

Hang your head in shame man 😕

TheSanityAssassin

druidh – Member
    “What tyres”???? Really?

Hang your head in shame man

I refer the honourable Onion to my first post.

stevio

it’s probably going to be soft in Arrasey, so a mud tyre may be useful… Mud x’s or Storm Controls, but you may well get away with something less knobbly for the rest of the route…i used Speed Kings for a few years, and Nobby Nics last year with no worries

oh, and not partaking this year but will be driving your clean spare kit from start to finish so say hello!!

Crag
    Free Member

For the amount of soft stuff you’re likely to encounter I can’t see the point of a mud tyre. With the exception of Arrasey and a few other short sections, the rest of the ride tends to weather really well.

Last time I rode it was 2008 and it lashed it down for weeks before. Rode it on Crossmarks and was fine.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Enjoy it, it’s a good day out.

For the amount of soft stuff you’re likely to encounter I can’t see the point of a mud tyre. With the exception of Arrasey and a few other short sections, the rest of the ride tends to weather really well.

I did it in 2007 and didn’t even think about tyre choice. I imagine (can’t remember) that I had nevegals on, as that’s what I always use. There was one section (downhill through some woods, two thirds in?) that was a bit sketchy, the rest was fine. You’ll want small block 8s for the first 10 miles on road in any case. 😉

stevio

sketchy, woods, yep thats Arrasey. New “dry” route promised through (last year was quite bad, 2yrs ago mark cavendish’s dad broke his ankle at the top of Arrasey) but apparently the tape has blown away because of the recent strong gales….

TheSanityAssassin

Reckon I’ll go with some 1.9 Schwalbe Black Jacks at 60psi then and live with the sketchy bits. If there’s only a few hundred yards to deal with over 47 miles then I’ll play the percentages and go for fast rolling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Man E-2-E’ is closed to new replies.