Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Islabikes are made in ????
  • ciscokid
    Free Member

Does anyone know where the Islabike frames are build/produced ? Are they British or Asian made ?
    Would like to make an article about them but can´t find out where they are produced.

Markie
    Free Member

Give them a call? They were great when I called them and maybe could give you some first hand info about the brand?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you are writing an article about them it would seem sensible to get in touch with them with any/all of your questions. Only seems polite to let them know what you will be doing, but then again, maybe that is why I am not a journalist (not suggesting you are tho’) 🙂

peteimpreza

There is an article on them in this months magazine……………..

Elmo
    Free Member

I know, but would suggest asking them is really the way to go.
    Surely any article should start with an interview?
    Unless its an “unfavourable” article which they wouldn’t want any involvement in.
    In which case I don’t want to help! 😀

ciscokid
    Free Member

Well I did contact them, and they are really nice and even want to let me test one of their bikes, but I am living in Holland / Amsterdam and it´s not easy to pick up the bike in the UK.
    When I asked them about where the frames are build, they became suddenly scared to tell me ?? have no idea why, knowing that their bikes are great and that it will be a positive interview !!
    But when I write something good or bad, people have the right to know where the products are produced.
    Even if they are Chinese, it does not mean that it´s bad !, and by the way the Islabike proved that they are good.
    But before I can publish anything, I need to know from which factory the frame is coming from.
    Anyway thanks to all of you for helping out !!

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve never needed to know ‘which factory a frame came from’. Though I would if I wanted maybe to have my own brand for a different country……..

myheadsashed

Thailand 😉

MrKmkII
    Free Member

people have the right to know where the products are produced.
    Even if they are Chinese, it does not mean that it´s bad

err, so why mention it?? 😕

ciscokid
    Free Member

🙂 If I would like to have my own branch, than I would ask one of the many Korean or yes Chinese frame builders to build me any frame out of 7005 aluminum. it would be not so difficult. Could even build it here in Holland. No guys it´s just my way of working, I show everything as it is. There is nothing more behind it.
    But once again, thanks for the reply.
    PS: and if I would like to have my own branch, I would produce everything except bikes, it´s not going so well in the bike industry. And these are not just my words, but the words of many bike producers.

druidh
    Free Member

Interesting that you should register on this forum solely to ask that question though.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The one I bought recently was labelled, “Made in Vietnam”. Sorry the rest of STW are so obtuse, but there is your answer.

ciscokid
    Free Member

It is the first article that I do on a UK bike, the cyclo cross season started a few weeks ago here in Holland, and a few young racers catch my eye on a Islabike. They bought it trough some family members who live in the UK, and I decide to make an article on this bikes. I came to this forum by a Google search on Islabikes. nothing more nothing less. AND THAT ALL. THE ISLABIKE SEEMS TO HAVE SOME SECRETS IF I SEE THE REACTION OF ALL OF YOU HERE ????
    I am not going to react to any of these posts anymore, I thought someone could help on information, that´s all.

ciscokid
    Free Member

Mr Paulrockliffe, THANK YOU SO MUCH !
    (I´ll try to get confirmation on your info and continue my article)
    Regards C.K.

Elmo
    Free Member

Why would they be scared?
    They have nothing to hide, and don’t think they try, or they’re bad at it!
    If you go there they’re quite happy to show you your bike being built, and all the others they’re doing.
    They will let you try anything, with any of any information your likely to need in plain sight.
    Any serious article would really need a visit. Like Benjii.
    If this wasn’t possible I’m sure they’d give you any information if they felt you were genuine.

The current feeling is, is your not.

ciscokid
    Free Member

found many items like the next one, so as for me the search is over. Thanks to all of you.
    > The huge rise in prices over the past year is due to the fall in the
    > value of the pound. IIRC the frames of Islabike is manafactured in Vietnam and
    > are paid for in US dollars.- Hide quoted text –

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

A quick google brings up this Ludlow Advertiser story that agrees they are made in vietnam.

aP
    Free Member

Our Dutch friend seems to have some kind of paranoid conspiracy theory thing going on I think.
    It’s not like there’s not a sticker on the bike that tells the country of origin.
    I’d suggest that Isla isn’t going to tell some random foreigner who just happens to phone them up and asks what factory all their bikes are made in because she might suspect that a new brand of Dutch children’s bikes is about to appear with remarkable similarities to her bikes…

adeward
    Free Member

Does it really make a difference where they are made ?
    Yes they could be made in the Uk but the cost would be much higher

We have to face it the days of economic production on the uk is numbered

When I first went to Taiwan in the late 90’s even then they were outsourcing production to china
    and now only the highend stuff is made in Taiwan

Harry_the_Spider

There was something on the box of my lads Rothan or perhaps it was on the the frame, I don’t remember. WGAS where it is made? It is a brilliant bit of kit.

My bikes country of origin.

Spesh FSR – Taiwan
    On-One Inbred – Taiwan
    Planet-X UJ – Taiwan
    Scott Speedster – Taiwan
    Spech Rockhopper – Taiwan
    Scott Octane – Taiwan
    Spesh Hardrock – Taiwan
    Ridgeback MX14 – Taiwan
    Islabike Rothan – Can’t remember, but I suspect it is the far east. So what?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Islabikes are made in ????’ is closed to new replies.