Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • IS to post adapter issues: WTF?
  • belgianbob

Just tried again to fit my new XT775s.
    You know the ones; from Ribble for much cheapness of money, with 160mm adaptors.
    It shouldn't be rocket science, should it? 160mm adaptors for 160mm discs; 185mm adaptors for… Oh, you've guessed it.

Well… the 160mm adaptors don't let the calipers clear the rotors, and the new 185mm Avid front adaptor (for the 185mm Avid rotor) doesn't clear it either. We're not talking a couple of mm here either, there's CHUNK of space between the caliper and the adaptor if you don't want it to foul the rotor.

So, WTF is up? Have I missed something vital?

STATO
    Free Member

2 possibilities to try…

1. Youve got the adaptors on upside down.
    2. Your trying to use the wrong adaptors (they are front and rear specific)
    3. You bought the wrong ones?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

All 3 of what Stato said.

Avid brakes do use those washers from V-brake pads to space them out though, so if it's not a big gap you can just use them (although you shouldn't have to- I run XT calipers and Avid adaptors and rotors without them)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Aren't the calipers front and rear specific as well? Not sure how to tell the difference though…

STATO
    Free Member

Avid brakes do use those washers from V-brake pads to space them out though

The Avid CPS system (washers) is built into the Avid calipers not the adaptors, you can use Hayes/Hope/Shimano/Formula/Avid adaptors and they should all work the same (note: some brands are not cross compatible as they are designed for different sized calipers so might have intereference)

belgianbob

Stato:
    1 Can you imagine anyone being that stupid? 😉
    2 Nope.
    3 Again, nope…

Seriously though, the rear adaptor seems to have actually been fitted to the caliper the wrong way round, which didn't help… The front mount was my own fault.

Thanks mate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘IS to post adapter issues: WTF?’ is closed to new replies.