Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is there anywhere with NO snow??
  • jj55

Seems to me that it's everywhere!

(Not as bad as '62 tho!)

sslowpace
    Free Member

In Weymouth, Dorset we have had nothing but blue, cloudless sky. Again!
    A few flurries yesterday but nothing much.
    Stil ruddy freezing though.

alwyn
    Free Member

Centre of Glasgow, just brown sludge left 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

The moon.

kennyp
    Free Member

(Not as bad as '62 tho!)

That assumes you think snow is bad. It annoys me when forecasters talk about the weather getting worse. Colder, yes. More snow on the way, yes. But not worse. This is the best winter we've had in years.

nasher
    Free Member

I love this snow, I feel like im on holiday, everywhee looks so nice

markgraylish
    Free Member

Vancouver, home to this years Winter Olympics, is snow free 😯

CaptJon
    Free Member

Some areas in Scotland it seems:

jj55

This is the best winter we've had in years.

It's OK if you are not infirm with no-one to help you shop, its ok if you have enough money to heat your house, its ok if you haven't got to go out & lamb 300 sheep, its ok if you live on or close to a main raod that's gritted, it's OK if you just want to play… etc etc

iDave
    Free Member

hardly any in staffordshire, mmy bit of it anyway. just icey bit and coldness. i'd like a huge dump. and some snow.

Coyote
    Free Member

At last, someone who agrees with me!

It's OK if you are not infirm with no-one to help you shop, its ok if you have enough money to heat your house, its ok if you haven't got to go out & lamb 300 sheep, its ok if you live on or close to a main raod that's gritted, it's OK if you just want to play… etc etc

Likewise a real heatwave is always celebrated yet can be a real problem for certain people. Some folk are enjoying the snow, don't piss on the parade huh?

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry Captain John, didnt see you had posted that photo.

kennyp
    Free Member

Yup, that's me. However you're missing the point I was trying to make. I'm not saying forecasters should say it's the best or worst winter (that depends on your circumstances). I'm saying they should stick to the facts and say how cold etc it is.

And if you don't want to go and lamb 300 sheep in the snow then you've made the wrong career choice. As for the infirm thing, you do have a point, but with a bit of luck this weather might actually make folk go and speak to their elderly neighbours and get to know them a bit better. Could be a blessing in disguise.

jj55

So, is it only Weymouth in the UK that hasn't got snow?

luke
    Free Member

Not much here, but plenty of ice, then again i'm only 15 miles or so from weymouth

spanishbarry
    Free Member

non round my way

Ambrose

Gower. Anglesey.

Yr Gwyr, Ynys Mon

forge197
    Free Member

So any good trails in Weymouth?

charlierevell
    Free Member

jj55 – Member

Is that not a little soft? Winter is cold, summer is hot?
    How do people survive in snow all around the world?
    We've just become soft to the warm winters we've been having for 20years plus!
    I've never been to a ski resort and told sorry I cant take you anywhere its too cold/too snowy by a cab. They are just prepared!
    No your X5 on 245 tyres wont work in the snow! Buy chains, or winter bloody tyres!
    Yes we're having extreme weather, but i'd rather have winters like this than those with constant rain and greyness!
    We used to have 4 seasons! Now we have rain and grey until a few sunny days in summer!!

(Rant over!)

fair_weather_rider
    Free Member

West Cumbria. Plenty on the Lakeland hills but hardly any on the lower land near the coast (take a closer look at the photo).

westkipper
    Free Member

Normal snow is H2O
    NO can not form snow, anywhere.

Taff
    Free Member

Southampton only seemed to have ice today and a tiny bit of snow

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Not enough to worry about in Poole either. Wednesday morning we had a bit for a couple of hours, but roads are all clear, pavements a bit icy and gardens a little white where the sun hasn't reached. Cold though (considering we usually only get a handful of frosts a year).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is there anywhere with NO snow??’ is closed to new replies.