Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ipods are amazing.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Put my nano through the wash a few weeks ago and it was dead. Just on the off chance I plugged it into the pc and after 5 mins itunes fired up and it is now working again.

Stunning. 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

My Shuffle has been through the wash twice – fine on both occasions after a few days in the airing cupboard 😀

geoffj

I put our toaster through the dishwasher (it was full of brick dust – don't ask!) and then left it on the rad to dry out for a couple of hours and it's just like new!

skidartist
    Free Member

Just think, 10 years ago we would never have dreamed that we could fit our entire music collection in a washing machine!

robhughes
    Free Member

skidartist.
    love that….

CountZero

LOL @ skidartist. What's just as amazing is what you get for your money: a mate bought a 40Gb Classic five years ago; cost him £440. My 80Gb was £250 three years ago, and now a 160Gb Classic costs around £185. Guess what I'm getting myself for Xmas this year. My 80Gb only has about five gig left, and I've got a lot more than that available to go on.

TheChunk
    Free Member

My Nano has been through the wash as well, works fine!

tails
    Free Member

i'm almost tempted to wash my shuffle to see.

bigrich

this doesn't work with touches

Del

well, just for balance, my GF has put her creative through the wash a few times. one day she said she'd have to have a new one, cos it sounded 'all muffled'. 'that's cos the earphones are full of water dear….'
    i'm not convinced she wasn't doing it on purpose, cos she was jealous of my zen stone. 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm. Defiantely not with an iPod touch-fantastic piece of kit but one splash of water and it's stuffed 🙁

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Got the daughter the new nano for Christmas and that looks a lot more fragile. Won't be trying the washing machine with that one.

vinnyeh

there's a water indicator inside ipods (and now, just about anything Apple make- even keyboards) – shows whether it's been in water. Apple won't warranty anything that's had the indicator tripped.

bananaworld
    Free Member

there's a water indicator inside ipods

Yeah? How does that work? Does it have to be submerged? What if you're in a humid environment? Will moisture in the air affect it over time?

Haven't got an iPod and don't plan to buy one, but this smells of BS. No offence and that.

bananaworld
    Free Member

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3302

Apologies, should have googled first, THEN posted…

MussEd
    Free Member

Well I dropped my older 30Gb Ipod into a glass of water, took it to nearest Apple store played the daft laddie and got a brand new 80Gb felly straightaway. Result.

gohan
    Free Member

i landed on my touch after a daft stack, in a puddle, screen smashed, water thingy was pink but the nice lady gave me a new one due to it only being 2 weeks old and taking her out for a drink! =D

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ipods are amazing.’ is closed to new replies.