Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ipod dock with subwoofer – is this a better set up?
  • sadexpunk

my lads asked for a dock with subwoofer for xmas. had a look at a few but wondered if hed get a better sound from using this dock thats standing idle in our lounge plus these type of speakers. not necessarily those, but i spose what im asking is would they be better than a standalone dock inc subwoofer?

cheers for any advice

slowjo
    Free Member

I’m not one of those audio buffs so this might be a load of tosh. A friend of mine bought a pair of those speakers for his son before he went off to uni. The plan was to use them with his iPod dock.

He seems to be very happy with them and my mate pinches them off his son when he comes home so he can hook them up to his pc.

I have one of those Docks, I also have a properly expensive one too. The Cambridge Audio one sounds less refined but perfectly ok.

I’d say the combo should work well.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got the same set up and it sounds great. If you don’t want to use the speakers let me know…. I’ll have them 🙂

younggeoff

the speakers sound good even if they do look a bit like a ladies pleasure toy 😯

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I got the Kit Sounds Boom Dock £90 it’s proper mint.

sadexpunk

thanks chaps, looks like thats mebbes the way to go, altho thinking about it, for what he needs those speakers are mebbes a bit too dear. has anyone had any experiences with these bad boys? or any other half decent jobbies around the £50 mark?

ta

If you really love him, these last years and any ipod / mobile / laptop plugs in the front. I’ve had a set for years in the spare room – doubt you’d beat the sound for the money. Can be had for £120 with a quick search about, bit more than the price mentioned above, but well worth it longer term.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustic-Energy-AE26-06B-active-speaker/dp/B000MN96T6

sadexpunk

they look good mate, but the link shows em at £160. where can you get em for £120? no i dont love him that much, but im thinking of meself now 😀 im not really up on connecting phones to stuff like that, but id like to understand it a bit more. dont spose its possible to connect a dongley thing and use an app on your phone as a remote? (got a desire HD)

but yes….good call on those, they look good at £120 if theyre for sale anywhere at that price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ipod dock with subwoofer – is this a better set up?’ is closed to new replies.