Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iphones help please (best deal)
  • Rochey
    Free Member

OK, I'm quite liking the iphone and am thinking of getting one.

Now don't laugh but I've NEVER had a contract and currently use PAYG and the phones I use are other peoples hand me downs with is a Nokia 5100.

So the question is do I say with my PAYG £10 every month (if I'm licky, more like every 6 weeks) or go all out and get a iphone.

If the iphone does anyone know of any good deal around.

Cheers

5thElefant
    Free Member

Tescos do PAYG iphone.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you go to http://www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk he had an article on there recently about the "cheapest" way to get an i phone and it was actually on Tesco (not sure if it was on PAYG mind). But he broke it all down to cost of monthly contract (and length) versus cost of buying it. With regards to "deals" I think you'll struggle as they all know they have a niche market.

beej

Vodafone have sold 100,000 in two weeks. Given the demand, there's no need for any of the networks to offer deals.

Bear in mind that the networks are probably paying £200+ for each one from Apple.

Rochey
    Free Member

OK I see your point, expensive.

So is the iphone all that or just a fashion item that is the must has thing at the moment.

I think i'm going to stay with my current one.

5thElefant
    Free Member

So is the iphone all that or just a fashion item that is the must has thing at the moment.

I've used microsoft based pocket pcs and phones for years. At work we're now targeting iPhones so I had to get one. I'm blown away by it. As a pocket pc that is. As a phone it's, err… a pocket pc.

IA

Bear in mind also that an ipod touch does 90% of what an iphone can, and costs a lot, lot less. Might satisfy the gadget craving? A sub <£100 nokia smartphone s/h with wifi will allow you to share a net connection with the ipod for when you're not in wifi range…

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

16 gig 3gs iphones are 440 on payg from all networks. That's what they cost to them pretty much too.

corroded
    Free Member

I was an iPhone sceptic. Then I came into a few quid and shelled out for a 3GS (on O2's Sim-only deal, no contract) and I'm very impressed by it. I use it far more than I thought I would, for things I never did with previous phones. In five years, all phones will be as smart as iPhones.

Rochey
    Free Member

I've just looked at how much they are and TBH they are a lot more than I ever expected, so with all this in mind I going to pass.

anyway with the cost of them I could buy some more bike stuff!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Rochey that was kind of the debate I had been having but to be fair I haven't heard anyone say "don't get one". I think i'm going to give it a roll I don't spend lots of money on any other luxuries!

5thElefant
    Free Member

[quoteanyway with the cost of them I could buy some more bike stuff!![/quote]
    Too right. I wouldn't dream of spending my own money on one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iphones help please (best deal)’ is closed to new replies.