Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • iphone4S – anyone picking one up today ?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Queues outside local O2 store this morning for the latest Jesus phone, anyone here bivi’d out all night for one ? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nope. Even if I WAS getting one, I wouldn’t queue for it.

When I bought my 4, I went to order one from the O2 shop, on my birthday (18th Oct) as a present to my self. 🙂

“Sorry, you can’t order them, you’ll just have to keep coming back to see of we happen to have one in stock” was the answer, basically. Which gave me the right hump. I could see they were just trying to maintasin an elusive/exclusive image. Baals to that.

So I walked literally less then 100yards to Carphone Warehouse, who checked their central stock, told me they could get it in store in 3 days, and took my payment. 2 days later I got a call and my phone was in stock to collect. Guess where I’m going next time…..?

footflaps

I’ll get one once the queues die down, then the GF can have my 4 and her mum will get my old 3s.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i dont do queues …..

when i bought my 4 i reserved it online – walked in quoted my number and walked out with it at the apple store

not upgrading from a 4 to a 4s … thats just silly ! – unless the gfs 3gs dies !

scholarsgate
    Free Member

no

benslow
    Free Member

No

bruk

Mad queue of at least 40 people outside local 02 shop too. Carphone warehouse next door deserted. Apparently people have been outside the Apple store in London for 2 DAYS.

Why would you waste so much time and who has that amount of time to waste that can afford the latest jesusphone. Should be at work.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m going into town today to see if I can get a good deal on a sim free Iphone 4.

AdamW
    Free Member

No. Got the iPhone 4 for the husband and went back a few weeks later to get myself one and was refused (even though excellent credit history etc.). Was told by some complete numpty that I would have to wait up to a year to be able to add a second one onto my account. Walked down the road to another O2 shop (after calling O2’s phoneline who basically begged me to buy one from them) and they sorted it.

It’s a good phone but I prefer to wait until my own phone dies first. I don’t like the idea of simply throwing stuff away because something blingier has come out.

But I could really do with a hardtail, and a road bike…. 😆

grum
    Free Member
    ericemel
    Free Member

I’ll walk by westfield tonight and if I can I will 🙂 if not nevermind!

donsimon
    Free Member

“Sorry, you can’t order them, you’ll just have to keep coming back to see of we happen to have one in stock” was the answer, basically. Which gave me the right hump. I could see they were just trying to maintasin an elusive/exclusive image. Baals to that.

So I walked literally less then 100yards to Carphone Warehouse, who checked their central stock, told me they could get it in store in 3 days, and took my payment. 2 days later I got a call and my phone was in stock to collect. Guess where I’m going next time…..? . So I bought a Samsung instead as they had it in stock and I could walk away with it. Guess what I’m buying next time? 😛

GrahamS

Never really understood these freaks that queue overnight for phones, gadgets, or well, anything (trivial) really.

It’s just a phone. Get one tomorrow. Or next week.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So I bought a Samsung instead as they had it in stock and I could walk away with it. Guess what I’m buying next time?

Another inferior phone? 😉

ericemel
    Free Member

Never really understood these freaks that queue overnight for phones, gadgets, or well, anything (trivial) really.

It’s just a phone. Get one tomorrow. Or next week.

I am all for getting excited about anything – getting excited is far better than not!

GrahamS

Oh I’m all for getting excited too – but a phone doesn’t really do that for me. YMMV 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

I cant for the life of me imagine why anyone with a 4 would pay to upgrade to a 4s.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Me neither Loddrik. The camera is better, and it’s got a faster processor, but most of the rest of the stuff is in iOS5 which I already have on my 4.
    I’ll be in the queue for an iP6 though…. 😉

GrahamS

For the camera?

The wife has already suggested that she upgrades her 3GS to a 4s, gives it to me and she’ll take my 4. 😀

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Yes got mine first thing this morning, and yes I queued!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SADDO ALERT!!! 😉

GrahamS

When you say “queued”, were you there overnight, shivering in a bivi bag, drinking cold soup from a thermos and pawing forlornly at the Apple Store window every half hour?

davidrussell
    Free Member

got 1, queued for about 40 mins. its cost me nothing to upgrade so i’m happy.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i got there at 3.30am and there was already 50 people minimum waiting, Got served at 9.30am and they had alrwady sold out of 16gb white.

I love getting in the line and waiting.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I arrived at the Oldham O2 shop at 7:15am and the store opened at 8am, was 15th in the line. No hassles really! By the time I left the shop there was probably 50-60 queuing.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I love getting in the line and waiting.

To be fair, it’s a very British thing. We do so love a good, orderly queue.

The Europeans can’t seem to manage it.

Drac

Supposed to be getting mine delivered to the house today, no dispatch email, txt or phonecall though. I’m at work but Mrs is off so hit and miss if they come and if they do if she’s in. Mrs loves to go for coffee and lunch, she’s been here for an hour just dropping me a scone off.

If it doesn’t come today no loss and I’ll ask for some credit as the bugger promised to deliver today.

davidrussell
    Free Member

that siri technology is pretty damn good i have to say. normally my lilting scottish tones are not well received by voice control apps but so far i’ve texted a mate and asked about the weather in stockholm and its turned up the goods every time.

time to start trying to confuse it 😈

Drac

Hmmm! If it can understand my Northumberland accent I’ll be well impressed.

5lab

The Europeans can’t seem to manage it.

you’re telling me. I was queueing to check in at Riga airport over the weekend, had been queuing for about 20 mins with an old couple behind me. Get to the front of the queue and they try to just bypass me. Bare in mind there’s only one checkin girl, so its not like they thought I was queuing for someone\thing else. I had to step in front of them at the desk and tell them in no uncertain terms to f*ck right off

davidrussell
    Free Member

i think it may draw the line at broad accents generally. i can’t see the sun-kissed californians having had much exposure to people from fraserburgh for example.

(think trawlermen series from the tv)

GrahamS

Hmmm! If it can understand my Northumberland accent I’ll be well impressed.

be interesting to see how it handles New Landan Gangsta:

“Fo shizzle, gotabby pacific whenyous aks Siri innit?”

godzilla
    Free Member

I can’t wait to use my 4S, had my Blackberry 18 painful months on monday, went to the Apple store in the metro center waited in line for just over an hour, the only bad bit was being stood next the this woman who started a conversation by saying ”I’m not racist but”. Apple put on free Starbucks and cartons of OJ:). Going to sort out a sim only deal later and sell my Blackberry asap.

davidrussell
    Free Member

lol at grahamS – got an image of all these tools from Chelsea and essex etc (you know the shows but i can’t bring myself to say them) saying to their pals

“awwww, meee phownes all, like, not talking propppa and trying to tell me ‘ow to speak, like.”

transporter13
    Free Member

got mine…queued for all of 10-15 mins……quite happy with it really(first apple product ever 8O)

NJA

Got one at lunchtime – o2 shop in Peterborough, no queue, no waiting, only black in stock, white sold out – my 3gs was due an upgrade two weeks ago so no money either!!

GrahamS

What kind of crazy ass contracts are people on that they are getting this upgrade for nothing? 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

+ 1

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

+2!

My 4 cost me £300!

warton
    Free Member

my 32gb 4 cost 70 quid about 4 months after it came out on a 30 quid a month deal, I’l expect to make a profit when I get a 5 (or whatever the next one will be called)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘iphone4S – anyone picking one up today ?’ is closed to new replies.