Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Iphone 3gs To Jailbreak or not……..
  • crazant
    Free Member

Just got a new to me ( thanks paul) Iphone 3gs with the IOS 5.0.1 software on, now I’m new to Iphones and was wondering if the jailbreak thing was worth doing…
    Pros and cons please…also any other good tips and tricks, best place to get apps etc…
    Don’t really like Itunes am i stuck with it or will the jailbreak let me use other methods…

Cheers
    Anthony

Milkie
    Free Member

What do you think you’ll be able to do with a Jb… I don’t see why you wouldnt Jb… I have, with a 4S.

CountZero

I fail to see the point in jail breaking, it just seems to be something to do to prove your l337 h4ck1ng sk1lz; I’m pretty sure that there’s an app in the app store that will do anything you could reasonably want, without needing to jailbreak.
    You don’t need to jailbreak to unlock the phone, either.
    As far as iTunes is concerned, I’ve yet to see anyone come up with a convincing argument against it, it’s usually down to ‘well, I don’t like it, it’s crap, innit!’, which is hardly convincing. It works perfectly for me, and has done for years, and the fact that I can easily control how I play my music through my a/v system from my Mac mini via Remote on my pad or phone pleases me immensely.
    You can rip your music in MP3 or AAC+, which is MP4 by another name, and is NOT a proprietary format; it will play on Nokia and Sony phones, among others, and music ripped at 320Kb is superb quality.

njee20
    Free Member

^^^^ this

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Am I allowed to mention methods of downloading apps for free? If not, I’m sure you know all about it anyway. That’s the best thing about jailbreaking an iPhone, being able to deprive programmers and app creators of money whilst saving yourself pennies in the process.

What’s not to like?

dazz
    Free Member

^^^^^ this

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Iphone 3gs To Jailbreak or not……..’ is closed to new replies.