Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Internet diagnosis – for dodgy knee
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Morning
    Has anyone experienced knee pain where it hurts like hell once it gets to about 90 degrees, doesn’t hurt when standing or walking just when I bend it past a certain point? Pain is all located in that large tendon that starts from kneecap and runs into your shin bit.

wwaswas

osgood schlatters disease?

martinm116
    Free Member

osgood schlatters

had that in my left leg when I was about 13, ended up in a full leg cast for about 6 weeks. This is different not got visible bump under the knee like on my left knee.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Internet diagnosis is wrong shocker!

😉

martinm116
    Free Member

What you mean everything on the internet is not true?? 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Patella Femoral Tendonitis.

I had an x-ray on my severly swollen knee at the weekend… the evidence of Osgood-Schlatters from my teens caused them some confusion.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is it wrong to suggest going to see the GP?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Definitely wrong. I’m currently investigating why I bruise easily. I’m thinking I’ve got Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, or a Vitamin K deficiency normally only seen in children under 5 days old.

creamegg
    Free Member

yeah i used to get a similar pain directly under the knee cap/top of shin after playing sports such as squash and basket ball. Dosen’t flare up after riding, playiing rugby or running etc. I’ve recently (last 3 months) been doing loads of squats and leg training excercises and this seems to have worked.

martinm116
    Free Member

Going tomorrow, but just I would see what the people of STW thought. 🙂

Davesport

Martin do you have a PM ?

D.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

first stage of zombification ?

yunki
    Free Member

in the next round of Tory spending cuts, ministers are proposing that basic medical diagnosis methods are taught in schools from primary age up to sixth form so that all GP enquiries can be performed from home by the patient via google..

martinm116
    Free Member

do you have a PM ?

what’s a PM? Sounds painful 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I had patella tendonitis and it didn’t fit the op’s description.
    Definite pain when pressure was put on it (ie, walking/running).
    Could find the painful spot by pressing under or around the kneecap.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What do I know Dez? I just googled knee pain and cycling.

I think I’ve got it too… if I ignorethe fact I fell from a height onto the edge of some shore and caught myself just above the knee pad.

brassneck

Definitely wrong. I’m currently investigating why I bruise easily. I’m thinking I’ve got Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, or a Vitamin K deficiency normally only seen in children under 5 days old.

I can’t see why Ketamine would effect your bruisability 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well, the Vitamin E supplements are making me feel better in ways my nutritionist never described 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

Have you just strained/torn your MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament)?

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/medialligament.htm

EDIT: I had this a few (4) weeks ago, well its still not 100%. had a physio look at it and confirmed it wasn’t torn (requiring surgery), just badly sprained.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I suggest talking to an expert.

Go see a sports physio. It’ll cost about £50 and will address the causes, not just the symptoms.

Might be minor irritation of one of the patellar surfaces due to a tiny muscle imbalance. Physio might be able to sort with a bit of massage and some exercises. Impossible to diagnose from a keyboard.

sefton
    Free Member

patella tendonitis – I’ve had it 1 1/2 years (fell running) loads better now but still gives me jip

get to a physio – £30-40 – get there early and get some ultra sound while it may still be effective.

rest it too – or you’ll end up like me

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Internet diagnosis – for dodgy knee’ is closed to new replies.