Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Internet access via mobile ‘phones…
  • Steelfreak
    Free Member

Hi All,

Which mobile network offers the best rates for mobile internet access on a PAYG basis?

Cheers

Mikkel
    Free Member

on O2 it will cost you 7.50 a month for unlimitted internet access on the phone.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Is that on PAYG or contract?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Is that on PAYG or contract?

Either one

Stoner
    Free Member

I have the O2 web bolt on.

Its good.

You can also pre-purchase EUropean data too, which can bring roaming data charges down to about 60p a MB, which is great for working on the continent for extended periods. I think you can get 200Mb for £120.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

O2 is looking good…

Thanks for the recommendations, Folks.

ebygomm
    Free Member

The 7.50 charge is month by month too, you don’t have to commit to a certain length of time.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Three do 150MB transfer valid for 90 days with a £10 top up, also includes 600 free texts if done online.

TheDoog
    Free Member

3 charge five quid a month for unlimited access but to be honest you’ll have thrown your phone against a wall by then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

also these bolt ons etc are not valid for using your phone as a laptop modem *or at least not with o2 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

also these bolt ons etc are not valid for using your phone as a laptop modem *or at least not with o2

That’s what they say.

It hasnt stopped me yet.

grumm
    Free Member

3 charge five quid a month for unlimited access but to be honest you’ll have thrown your phone against a wall by then.

What’s up with 3? Works great for me.

PePPeR

They aren’t valid with 3 either, you can only use a specific sim card for the laptop broadband

biggulp
    Free Member

Vodafone offer a bundled PAYG 1GB dongle for £40 with no expiry date and no monthly fee. I’ve been using mine for 3 months now to pick up email when I’m on the move and I still haven’t used up the 1GB. If you need to top up it costs £10 for another 1GB, again with no expiry.

Toasty

If you intend to tether it to a laptop T-mobile seems to be the best, it’s a fiver addon ontop of their Web’n’walk tarrifs, you can get the lot for <£30. O2 have recently put out a statement saying they’re aware people are using tethering without paying for it and they’re cracking down on it.

http://www.slashgear.com/o2-warn-unofficial-iphone-tethering-may-prompt-disconnection-1847347/

Unless you’re using an iphone there doesn’t seem to be much benefit to getting O2 imo.

HTTP404
    Free Member

T-Mobile and Three allegedly have the most advanced high speed networks coupled with HDSPA phones.
    I’m moving from T-mobile to Three simply because Three offer 150MB phone internet on PAYG for a meagre £10 top-up. Can’t get any better than that.
    Currently test driving a nokia 6220 on Three and so far so good.

miketually
    Free Member

£20 a month gets me a free Nokia E71 with unlimited texts and unlimited Internet. Only had it a week, but loving it so far.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Virgin charge 30p each day that you use internet (for ‘unlimited’ 25MB per day limit, which is hard to go over on a mobile). Good value if you don’t use it every day, about £9 a month if you do.

Joe

Stoner
    Free Member

My O2 phone & web bolt on give me access to their HDSPA, 3G, EDGE and GPRS networks. Its pretty seamless although HDSPA connections crossing into non HDSPA can get a bit flaky.

The no-laptop link up is part of their fair use policy.
    When I use it with my laptop I dont stream or download large entertainment files and will often turn of image downloads when browsing as well. I do upload/download large files across my POP3/SMTP connection though which they seem to have no problem with.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i use the web and walk plus with the £5 a month mobile web (including modem use) on t-mobile

apart from the occasional woeful signal strength issue it’s an excellent service

PePPeR

I’ve got the same deal as miketually, the Nokia E71 is a great phone and for £20 a month with unlimited texts, internet and skype its really working for me.

I’ve been with Vodafone for years, but they’d been cheesing me off lately by not allowing me to join vodafone passport without giving up all of my deals that I currently had with them. So I decided to move away to Three and within days they drop the connection charge for roaming abroad! Oh well at least I know that after September, Three will be cheaper again.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Internet access via mobile ‘phones…’ is closed to new replies.