Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Insignificant things that drive you mad – but shouldnt..
  • elzorillo
    Free Member

Tea bags in pairs.. WHY!!!!!

My favourite tea (yorkshire) always puts me in a bad mood when I have to seperate them.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just use two.

It’ll put hairs on your chest 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Working every frigging hour of the day for no extra pay writing grant proposals

patriotpro
    Free Member

People who say “bless” all the time.

camo16
    Free Member

Our products are designed to work on a molecular level.

yunki
    Free Member

be careful, colourful language here that may cause offence to those of a sensitive nature.. NSFW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVOznsBkU2Q&sns=fb[/video]

tracknicko
    Free Member

4OD player.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve developed a technique whereby you reach into the tin (a Yorkshire Tea tin, obv) and as you pull out the two bags, the second one catches on the closing lid, tears off and drops back into the tin.
    Problem is you get the very occasional ripped bag (matron) and end up with tea-leaves everywhere… 👿

binners

At the moment? Perfume/aftershave adverts on telly. There seems to be at least 2 on in every ad break, yet despite their obviously huge budgets, they’re effectively all the same. The terminal lack of imagination is frankly staggering.

spacemonkey

Just use two.

That’s what I do nowadays anyway cos I’ve given up on this flavour-sapping pi55 water that we get darn sarf Tis the only way of getting a half-decent cuppa. Gggrrhrhrh.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’ve developed a technique whereby you reach into the tin (a Yorkshire Tea tin, obv) and as you pull out the two bags, the second one catches on the closing lid, tears off and drops back into the tin.
    Problem is you get the very occasional ripped bag (matron) and end up with tea-leaves everywhere…

Although I only have in my posession an inferior metal PG tin.. I’m going to try this.

camo16
    Free Member

Honestly, you tea people with your middle-class problems… 🙄 The filter machine at my local swanky cafe was broken this morning, so I had to put up with instant. Now THAT’s pain.

brakes
    Free Member

Perfume/aftershave adverts on telly. There seems to be at least 2 on in every ad break, yet despite their obviously huge budgets, they’re effectively all the same.

I think they’re hilarious. They’re parodies aren’t they? They are taking the piss out of themselves though, right?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Plastic coat hangers – too noisy to handle at 6am, virtually impossible to touch without them clattering against each other or something else.

Plastic bags – rubbish in every respect.

Kryton57

My kids early twenties nursery school teacher bending over with her leggings stretching to the point of semi transparancy at 8am in the morning. I mean in a good way – can I coin the phrase “two hard boiled eggs in a handkerchief”?

BoardinBob

People that stand still on escalators

People that walk slowly, then at the exact second you try to overtake them, they suddenly change direction and walk in front of you

Whistling

Dobbo

Printers.

A great feeling was stamping on a dot matrix once.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Kryton – teacher at my stepdaughters school used to that. Two loosely filled bags of porridge would have been a better description though.

transporter13
    Free Member

Trying to put bloody screen protectors on mobile phones.
    Ggggggrrrrrrrrr

GregMay
    Free Member

People exhaling hard into a glass through their nose while they are drinking between breaths. Angers me, just slow down you muppet.

loum
    Free Member

At the moment? Perfume/aftershave adverts on telly. There seems to be at least 2 on in every ad break, yet despite their obviously huge budgets, they’re effectively all the same. The terminal lack of imagination is frankly staggering.

Preferred it when this one was on…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8ZAKwpdgTZI[/video]

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mrs ADH leaves used tea bags on the saucer by the kettle, rather than putting them in the food recycling .075 meters to her left. Drives me insane.

toby1

Tom Jones …

matt_outandabout

Stirling council.

stumpy01

+1 on boardinbobs people walking slowly, aimlessly changing direction etc.

And when coathangers get tangled up & you can’t get the thing you want off the rack, or if you are trying to put something away but can’t untangle the loose hangers….gaaahhhhh!

Cougar

Preferred it when this one was on…

Adverts that show radios getting louder when someone turns the volume knob down.

BoardinBob

People that put dishes in the sink then fill them or the entire sink with water to “let them steep” then never bother their arse going back to actually clean them. I had a flatmate that did this years ago and it drove me bonkers, now I have to endure it in work when people fill the sink with bowls and cups full of stagnant manky water

nickewen
    Free Member

People who sit in traffic at night for long periods of time on the footbrake not the handbrake. Drives me potty especially given how bright some brake lights on new cars are. Just inconsiderate. They must know they’re doing it cos when they look in their mirror my face is lit up like a Christmas tree!

binners

The thing is though loum, from her skin tone, she’s obviously Scottish. So while she’s looking ok there, its only a matter of time before the deep-fried pizza’s and stuff take their toll 😉

BoardinBob – do you not have staff for this kind of thing?

yunki
    Free Member

They must know they’re doing it cos when they look in their mirror my face is lit up like a Christmas tree!

have you considered that some folk may check their rear view mirror, not to look at your festively appropriate face, but to check what’s happening on the road..?

Brake-neck
    Free Member

“have we done this yet” posts on here.

BoardinBob

BoardinBob – do you not have staff for this kind of thing?

No, I make my own coffee. Wouldn’t trust them to do it. The state of our staff kitchen is disgusting

Cougar

They must know they’re doing it cos when they look in their mirror my face is lit up like a Christmas tree!

Have you tried stopping further back from the car in front?

Apparently, the wisdom being taught to learners these days is you should still be able to see the rear tyres and road underneath them when you stop behind another vehicle.

wors

Mother in Law

yunki
    Free Member

have we done this yet” posts on here.

organic355
    Free Member

Printers.

A great feeling was stamping on a dot matrix once.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywI0BOxJpI[/video]

nickewen
    Free Member

Cougar – yep, normally stop a couple metres back so plenty. However, you could be sat 20m behind one of those new S-class mercs and still be dazzled.

Yunki – If only they would check their mirror to see whats happening – they’d see an angry geordie behind them getting blinded on the road.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Women who go shopping in their Pyjamas

fingerbike
    Free Member

Driving GF’s car after she’s wiped the condensation off of the inside of the windscreen and left a cloudy windscreen to look through.
    People at work who regularly hold meetings in doorways, corridors and on the stairs, then give you evils as you interrupt them to get past.

brakes
    Free Member

Apparently, the wisdom being taught to learners these days is you should still be able to see the rear tyres and road underneath them when you stop behind another vehicle.

they taught me this when I learned to drive 17 years ago – my instructor must have been ahead of his time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Insignificant things that drive you mad – but shouldnt..’ is closed to new replies.