Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Innerleithen endure 28th-29th May
  • thegman67

This is my first race can anyone give me some help and advice about fitness levels,poss trails to be used and any what to expect.

Parr
    Free Member

Will see you there, this looks like being a great race, 6 stages spread over 2 days, 3 on each. Spoken to 1 of the Organisers and they say it will be a mix of known trail and some new stuff, so it should be real good, no big drops or jumps, just great flowy singletrack 🙂
    Regarding fitness levels, think your going to ride a fair bit of Inners trail network 2 days on the trot, so get spinning and enjoy

Garry_Lager

I did the one earlier this year and wouldn’t worry too much about fitness if it’s your first race. Only the 6 descents are timed – You can cycle / push up in your own time so there’s plenty of leeway to take it easy on the way up.

I did the winter one on a hefty bike – if I do this one (are there any places left?) I’d just take a normal XC bike. There was a lot of pedally sort of singletrack descents, no need for any sort of DH-oriented ride. Although this event could be different I guess.

hels
    Free Member

Still plenty places left, the winter one sold out tho so we have ordered more timing thingies this time.

Wouldn’t worry too much about fitness, you have loads of time to get around and can have a rest at the top of each trail, is fairly relaxed format.

Don’t forget to save some energy for thr dual slalom on saturday night, it’s free as part of the entry fee.

Info http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

bigjim

How on earth did Vattenfall end up sponsoring that! Seems quite random. Maybe they want to build a windfarm at Inners.

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Following the huge (it was sold out) success of the Enduro round of the Winter MTB Series in January, Innerleithen MTB Racing are now holding a two day event over the World famous mountain bike trails at Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders. This new format will see competitors compete over two days and six different tracks in what promises to be a great weekend. The tracks themselves are a mixture of off-piste trails both old and new for the event. Riders make their way to the start of each section in their own time and are then individually timed over the mainly downhill track before heading to the next one. There will be an overall time limit for each day’s action. To add to the already relaxed and friendly atmosphere, an optional dual slalom will be run on the Saturday evening alongside the event race party. This is an exciting format to take part in, but is equally as exciting to watch, heckle and generally make some noise.

Joining Vattenfall in supporting the Enduro are local businesses Alpine Bikes, The Bike Lodge, Visit Tweed Valley and the Traquair Arms Hotel. This is in addition to the support already provided by i-cycles and Bike Track People.

There will be loads of fantastic prizes up for grabs at the weekend, including big cash prizes for the fastest male and female competitors overall. And of course, the now legendary hand-made in Innerleithen clocks.

Day entries are also available for those that can’t make the full weekend, email helen@innerleithenmtbracing.com to confirm.

Enter here: Enduro Entry

More details here: Innerleithen MTB Racing

jojoA1
    Free Member

Wot bike? Zest or Orange Alpine 160???

Northwind

Well looking forward to this… If it’s half as good as the last one it’ll still be twice as good as most races, so considering it’s twice as big as the last one I guess it’ll be at least 4 times as good as most races 😉

olympus
    Free Member

Does this mean Inners is closed to us plebs on the 28th and 29th?

mc
    Free Member

The XC will be still be open, but there will be some diversions in place. I know what bits of the red will be getting diverted, but I’m not sure if they’ll be diverted all weekend, or if they’ll move them to just close the essential bits on the respective days.

DH will just be the same as if there was a race on, i.e. one taped line, with all the other tracks still open.

Northwind

Not fancy coming and joining in?

mrplow
    Free Member

Can someone put up an rough idea of stages 4/5/6 as I probably won’t get there to get any practice in?

Looking forward to a fun wee day. :mrgreen:

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Schedule

Friday
    12:00 – 16:00 – registration and sign-on in i-Cycles, Innerleithen
    12:00 – 18:00 – all 6 courses open for inspection (not marshalled)

Saturday
    08:00 to 12:00 – all 6 courses open for inspection (not marshalled)
    10:00 to 13:00 sign-on open in the car park
    12:00 to 14:00 pick up timing tag and depart
    15:00 stage 1 closes
    16:00 stage 2 closes
    17:00 stage 3 closes
    17:30 course closes
    18:00 Dual slalom starts! plus BBQ
    20:00 Finish

Sunday
    08:00 to 11:00 – last 3 courses open for inspection(not marshalled)
    11:00 to 13:00 pick up timing tag and depart
    14:00 stage 4 closes
    15:00 stage 5 closes
    16:00 stage 6 closes
    16:30 course closes
    17:00 Podiums

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Can someone put up an rough idea of stages 4/5/6

Roughly the same stages used in the Winter MTB Series back in January. They all start pretty much from the top of the Matador (none of them use the Matador).

Get in touch and I’ll email you a map!

mrplow
    Free Member

Cheers Spunkmonkey – I pretty much know what they were so that works out quite well. :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen endure 28th-29th May’ is closed to new replies.