Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Inbred rear disc caliper mounting question
  • mugsys_m8

Morning all,
    What a lovely day it is here near Grenoble.

Anyway I'm building up my sliding drop out inbred into a more main duty mtb from its previous incarnation as a commuter. I'm putting my hope mono minis on it rather than the V brakes I've had on it previously..

Only I think I might be missing something… (I bought the frame 2nd hand)
    There is about a 8-10mm gap between the outside of the caliper when it straddles the disc and the actual mounting holes. Should I have a bracket or plate or something? The gap is due to the thickness of the machined plate drop outs and seems a bit dumb/ not very good engineering wise just to shim with washers and longer calpier mounting bolts.

Also, should I have some covers to go over the v brake studs once I have removed the stud bracket? Or was a cover never supplied? i.e. just put some blanking bolts in there.

cheers for all your help in advance. The font of all knowledge ever disappoints

catfood
    Free Member

They supply little black spacers when they sell they frame, the old owner should have them, I lost mine and use washers, you also need some longer m6 bolts, Its to do with the extra width needed due to the sliding dropouts.

mugsys_m8

ok, I shall raid my parts tins again searching for little black spacers!
    As that's most likely what has happened rather than not gettin gthem when I bough the frame.

To me a better solution would be to extend the height of the drop out, but oh well.

Does anyone have a phot of the little black spacers? ideally in use?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Inbred rear disc caliper mounting question’ is closed to new replies.