Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Im still new here….So..a simple question.
  • specialknees
    Free Member

What exactly is a troll (no silly answers or daft pictures please) this is something still baffling me.

Guy askes what colour he should paint his bike. First reply says Surely this is a troll.

I honestly dont get it.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

Troll. 😀

plodtv
    Free Member

new here or the internet too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Matt24k
    Free Member

As you are new here
    From Wiki
    “In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum …..”

M6TTF
    Free Member

Someone who deliberately provokes an arguement

RealMan
    Free Member

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

no it isn’t

specialknees
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys. Picture was very predictable, I sort of get it now.
    Still cant see why the question what colour should I paint my bike be a troll.
    Its not inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic.
    Spose it will all fall into place eventially… I am a bit slow.

timmys

As you are new to computers another tip is that you don’t have to press return after every full stop.

BigJohn

A few irony-intolerant (you can tell them by their crumpled clothes) posters are getting a bit over-sensitive.

One poor bloke who asked a simple question about some pedals that cost more than £15 got accused of trolling a couple of days ago.

yunki
    Free Member

if you just go for this sort of thing then you don’t have to do any cleaning, stripping, filling, masking etc and you can change the colour to suit your mood…

BigJohn

Is that a dirt jumper?

Mantastic
    Free Member

It wont take you long to work out who the main culprits are when it comes to trolling, best is to just ignore them and not rise to the bait.

There are also a few real tools who use this site, again they may not seem to troll 100% of the time, but best ignore them or they will hijack your thread and start agruing amounst themselves over nothing. This usually means an innocent thread will be closed by the mods.

Overall dont take anything seriously on here, but at the same time enjoy the banter, there have been some classic threads over the years that have been enjoable to watch build up.

Happy New Year

specialknees
    Free Member

Thanks Mansastic.
    I will keep an eye-out for it.
    Happy new year.

convert

I think the “troll” aspect of that thread was someone asking what colour for his respray because white didn’t look good dirty not about the new colour per se. A question clearly designed to bring out the best interweb geeks who worry about such things and enjoy polishing more than riding!

specialknees
    Free Member

Cheers CONVERT.

Is that really all it takes to rub people up the wrong way on here. I will have to go very easy till I earn my stripes.

hilldodger
    Free Member

specialknees – Member
    Is that really all it takes to rub people up the wrong way on here

Not most people 🙂
    you just need to learn the few “big hitters” that argue for their own amusement over just about anything, you’ll soon get the hang of it….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Im still new here….So..a simple question.’ is closed to new replies.