Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Im moving to Bath and need help finding local trails. Please help.
  • thinboy70
    Free Member

Am moving to Bath very soon and will obviously want some where to ride. I have heard various rumours about some trails behind the uni. Is this true?

Could someone give me some sort of directions. Are there any others around.

Thank you everyone

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Get hold of Analogue Andy off here, bath-mtb do regular local rides, as do the Bath Uni MTB club.

Loads of stuff around Bath. The locals know the best stuff.

The ‘trails behind uni’ are mostly in Bathhampton Woods:
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51.38616637685167~-2.3181306570768356&lvl=15&sty=s&eo=1&where1=Bath%2C%20Bath%20and%20North%20East%20Somerset

rondo101
    Free Member

There are apparently some very cheeky DH trails somewhere around Bath; a friend of mine was shown them recently, but he’s been sworn to secrecy. His riding in the area before being shown these consisted of getting up early & using footpaths (to avoid the incensed walkers), or coming over to Bristol to ride with me.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Why you’d ride in Bristol if you lived in Bath I do not know.

thinboy70
    Free Member

Thats the thing, I live in Bristol and am spoilt with having Leigh woods and Ashton court etc. so close. dont want to have to mission everytime I want to ride.

Cheers for the map, I had a feeling they were there. My wife works in Bathapton so will be a good excuse to explore. ANOTHER do Bath-mtb have a website or anything, may have to look them up.

cheers guys

llama

Depending on what you are used to the riding is either OK or crap.

The best stuff is cheeky so it would be a shame to talk about that on here, you need to be shown it anyway.

AnalogueAndy does rides from the city each Wednesday. Expect he’ll be along in a minute. There is another group of us who ride around the area also on Wednesday, often further afield. Let me have your mail and we’ll spam you with rides every week.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I was ‘lucky’ enough to be shown the downhills mentioned above. Excellent fun although if you are as inept at downhilling as me you’ll spend a lot of time at the top looking down thinking ‘***k me, that’s steep’. There was a bloke there on a rather big Yeti making it look oh so easy. Enjoy.

thinboy70
    Free Member

llama, that would be sweet. my mail is thinboy70AThotmaildotcom. not moving til end of dec but will def want to get in on the action when I do

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Someone called? 🙂

Yep there’s tons about, as said you just need to find it.. or be shown it.

The DH behind the Uni is indeed vertical in places and some of the ‘shoring’ has suffered from a bit of neglect in the last year or so, other parts have been buldozed.

As llama said there’s two regular Weds night rides, both social XC, one meets Widcombe (behind the Bath Spa station) at 6.30pm the other has a ‘roaming’ 7pm meet point.

Often weekend rides too. Some of the Uni guys ride Weds afternoons.

No website but there’s some pics on flickr, a facebooky group and an email list

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=343478231430

http://www.flickr.com/groups/350861@N20/pool/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Im moving to Bath and need help finding local trails. Please help.’ is closed to new replies.