Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I'm done with biking,another break!
  • c9tln
    Free Member

After 2 breaks in as many years I’m done with it,broken collar bone today! Went off a jump and my front wheel gave way due to being wet and the rest is history,does anyone have any experience as to how long the healing takes?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Depends how bad it is and where the break is, if its stable and uncomplicated then 6 weeks is normal

Done both of mine, hurts like hell, you have my sympathy.

rOcKeTdOg

Gave way as in broke? Because it was wet? Do you have hard water where ever you live?

mattamomo
    Free Member

I think he means gave way as in the tyre slipped from beneath him due to the slippery ground

c9tln
    Free Member

Yeah just a little water! It’s one clean break so hope that will work in my favour

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont jump stuff then

freeman
    Free Member

I was off work for 2 months, but as I lift heavy things for a living, I had to make sure it was fused back together properly!! Hurt for a while, the drugs helped for a while, got a nice lump to show for it now! I still love the bike tho 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Very helpful rocketdog.

Heal up soon OP

acsevens

Did mine last weekend – this thread might help: collarbone break

you have my sympathy, very uncomfortable and gutting being off the bike. I had plates put in on wednesday and i’m already incredibly bored of sitting around doing nothing. My surgeon said six weeks before i can do anything properly active again but depends on severity etc.

best of luck with your recovery.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I'm done with biking,another break!’ is closed to new replies.