Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I'm begging! (Stourbridge)
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

Is there any chance that anybody near Stourbridge has got some old jockey wheels and the bolt holding the lower one in that might fit my X9 9 speed rear mech? I’ll obviously pay for them and any old mechs that are only good for spares will be had if the jockey wheels are decent.

I’m begging you, I need the bike working for thursday and at the moment something inside the lower jockey wheel has snapped, I’m missing a third of the bearings and the bolt holding it in has been rounded out.

Massive thanks to anybdoy that can help!

alfabus
    Free Member

no LBS you can try?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve tried Two Wheels, Race Co Cycles and Leisure Lakes and nothing in stock, either used or new. 😥

RustyMac

When the Jocky wheels failed in my X9 mech at the begining of autumn i ordered some BBB ones from dot bike (link below) They came really quickly, if you order them now you may find you can have shiny new ones for riding on thursday.

http://www.dotbike.com/p/3992

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I doubt I’ll get them in time. I’m heading off really early on thursday 🙁

I live in hope that some kind person has got something knocking around.

djflexure

I’ve got an X7 mech you could have for 10.
    About 12 months old.
    Used on my xc bike for a few hundred miles.
    Have mostly ridden other bikes this year though.
    Work in Brum.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Would those jockey wheels fit? I know mine uses bushings in the upper one and bearings in the lower one.

djflexure

Unsure.
    Was thinking you might just fit the whole mech. Having used x9 and x7 I can’t tell the difference. If anything the X7 was better but have now gone over to 10 speed.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I would of stripped the jockey wheels out. I switched from a brand new X7 long cage to an X9 medium cage and the difference was astounding.

Do you know what the jockey wheels run on?

djflexure

Never stripped the x7 down (as its kind of new) so don’t unfortunately.

Seem to remember when I’ve got new wheels for the X9 that they were specific; but might have made that up?

RustyMac

The jocky wheels were not compatable between the x7 and x9 mechs that i have. i looked at that as a quick fix before getting new jocky wheels. As djflexure says there is not a great deal of difference between the mechs, i wouldn’t say the X7 is better thatn the X9 but it is not far off.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd. Please!

mrh86

I would take the above offer of a the x7 mech and just run that for thursday. Afterwards you can either replace the jockey wheels (new) or try and transplant them across. Main priority is having a functioning bike by thursday

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I am very lucky indeed! Somebody’s got a whole X9 mehc that I can borrow for thursday and then return.

However, if anybody’s got some old jockey wheels hanging around then I’m stll in need.

frepster
    Free Member

Decathalon in wednesbury had x9 jockey wheels in stock when i was in there on Friday

nwill1
    Free Member

Was gona offer you mine, but my spare is a shimano deore so shifters not compatable. Looks like your sorted now though.

What are the big plans for Thursday then?

I’ll be at work! Gutted!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m off to meet the nice guy and gal at Campbell Coaching (not for a coaching session this time). They’re only about 2 miles max from the new Degla black so we’ll mess around on that and then play at thir own little skills area. It can’t fail to be a good time with some great trails and good people. 😀

nwill1
    Free Member

Sounds awsome, how long does it take to get there from Stourbridge? Google map says about 1 hour 45, but not always accurate.

Gona get myself up there in the new year looks amazin, cant wait.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

About that, yeh.

I can’t wait for this tbh. B line looks awesome jun and just the sort of riding I like.

nwill1
    Free Member

Yeah, me too, its that new line that makes me wanna ride it, normally ride kinver, ribbs & Redhill 4x.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I spend loads of time at Kinver on the DH track, I might actualy know you in real life. You know that weird thing that people talk about…

nwill1
    Free Member

Haha, not been over there loads recently, I’d know you by your bike (saw your vid on pinkbike).

I’ll add you on pinkbike so I can see if you put any vids or pics up. You might recognise my bike!?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll hopefully see you down there soon! A lot’s changed recently. That smallish transfer on the left hand side of the track with the 2 line options has been changed into a huge thing but it doesn’t ride very well so it still needs some work doing. The Leap has been moved about 6 foot back and the lip is even bigger. The first double at the bottom has been changed and there’s a drop down the bottom that needs another log to turn it into a nice step down.

nwill1
    Free Member

Interesting, I’ll be checking it soon. Added you on PB. N.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Got you on PB.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll look out for you, dude. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I'm begging! (Stourbridge)’ is closed to new replies.