• This topic has 434 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 435 total)
  • I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.
  • crikey
    Free Member

My fear is that I smoked 3 doobies yesterday, and at least once everyday (if not more) for the past 2 weeks.

crikey
    Free Member

…I’m not criticising him for it, but being realistic is helpful.

gobuchul
    Free Member

My fear is that I smoked 3 doobies yesterday, and at least once everyday (if not more) for the past 2 weeks.
    Sorry but that’s BS.
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

What is your case?

Northwind

You keep reposting that but it really doesn’t support your argument that he’s “probably always a little bit stoned”. You just seem to want to cast aspersions without providing any real basis, and you rested your case after not actually making a case at all, so…

mattyfez

As others have said, the problem with testing for cannabis is a very blunt instrument as the test is for metabolites, rather than whether you are under the influence or not, my understanding is that all a test proves is that you have consumed it at some point within the last few weeks. You certainly don’t stay high/impaired for a few weeks.

kilo

mountainman – Member
    I know that here in Eire the courts and RSA cannot apply points to Uk licences for speed offence’s.A reciprocle arrangement was never agreed and is less likely to be now post brexit.
    As for other things like bans ,not sure .
    But i’m keeping my Uk licence for the foreseeable.

DRiving bans in Ireland are reciprocated (even if you are on a UK driving licence) in the UK and vice versa, iirc, this is the only UK country with a reciprocal agreement on driving bans

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do people on here actually think that could be any significant impairment to your coordination and reactions the day AFTER smoking a joint? Really?

Pretty sure tests on pilots found this 24 hours after one joint.

Not followed the thread so only stating a fact

gobuchul
    Free Member

Not followed the thread so only stating a fact

Any evidence for this Junkyfact?

noltae
    Free Member

Crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes – This is of course arbitrary in light of the current laws – I’d say driving stoned is stupid – The reality though is that many people from many walks of life do activities that require complex levels of spacial awareness and athletism to a top flight level whilst stoned.. So maybe the wider debate should be more focused on the socio-political nuances of prohibition?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but seeing as you asked so nicely find it yourself 😉

http://northstarbehavioral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Cannabis-and-its-Effects-on-Pilot-Performance-and-Flight-Safety-Australian-Transportation-Safety-Bureau-2004-1.pdf
    Wow 15 seconds on google later

TOP TIP: You could have googled just as easily as you got shitty
    I dont make shit up on here and if i am wrong on factual matters I will accept it.
    I am sure you will follow this lead as you seem the charming factual friendly type
    🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

To be fair though, other tests on pilots have not found this after 24 hours.

<oops, edit, your link includes that information>

Twodogs

There must be a reason why the illegal level is set to whatever it is….it can’t be entirely arbitrary

docrobster
    Free Member

Habitual users of substances that impair driving are a higher risk than those that don’t. This is why dvla now do the cdt test which looks at previous levels of alcohol consumption. A binge the night before won’t increase the cdt value (even if the blood alcohol level is still over the limit for driving) but it will pick up the pattern of drinking a month or so previously.
    Obviously this doesn’t have any bearing on the op but it does demonstrate the thinking from driving authorities. So whether or not the op was impaired when he was pulled over, his doobie every day puts him in a higher risk category as far as the authorities are concerned. Risk to himself and other road users.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Because it is not easy to regulate your intake.

I’d bet my driving licence on having regulated my usage sufficiently that passing that blood test right now wouldn’t be a problem.

TBH I’m in the throw the book at you camp.

If you’ve smoked every day for the past two weeks, I can’t imagine you’ve left long enough before driving each and every time, there aren’t enough hours in the day (literally if junkyards like is correct).

Northwind

thisisnotaspoon – Member

If you’ve smoked every day for the past two weeks, I can’t imagine you’ve left long enough before driving each and every time, there aren’t enough hours in the day (literally if junkyards like is correct).

Unless he just didn’t drive much in that period, which is what I took from it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

There must be a reason why the illegal level is set to whatever it is….it can’t be entirely arbitrary

I bet it can. Everything else is.

LAT

Habitual users of substances that impair driving are a higher risk than those that don’t. This is why dvla now do the cdt test which looks at previous levels of alcohol consumption. A binge the night before won’t increase the cdt value (even if the blood alcohol level is still over the limit for driving) but it will pick up the pattern of drinking a month or so previously.

So, does mean that if you are an alcoholic and stopped while driving, but not over the limit, you will lose your licence as you are more likely to drive drunk than someone who isn’t an alcoholic? Sounds sensible if a little presumptuous.

Someone said something about only trendy middle class people thinking driving stoned was ok. I suspect some people from other classes don’t give a shit about it either. I’m wondering if the statement was made by an aristocrat or an unfashionabe member of the working classes. I’m sure if the working classes could let go of their prejudices and tried a little bit harder they too could buy soft drugs, fashionable clothes and a car.

I’m in agreement that if it was drunk driving reactions would be different, but if the tests don’t actually prove a driver is stoned, then they aren’t really very good. Unless you think druggies shouldn’t be allowed to drive ever.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’m fed up with smelling the stuff everywhere, I bought a house the people in the street smoke it all day (luckily I don’t live there but I have got to sell it on eventually), I’ve just been to the beach some guy was smoking a joint whilst playing with his kids. I went in the shop at a holiday park yesterday a couple stank of it and the woman was out of her tree. Either legalise it and get some tax from it or clamp down on it. It’s ridiculous.

docrobster
    Free Member

@ LAT: I understand that the cdt test is used to see if someone can get their licence back after being banned for drunk driving. It’s not a roadside test. A case one of my colleagues heard about was where a person had filled in some forms for dvla that indicated they might be an at risk driver, so they were asked to have the cdt test, which came back raised and confirmed this. So they then weren’t able to get the licence back until the cdt test was normal (memory a little sketchy in those details but that was the gist of it)

gobuchul
    Free Member

TOP TIP: You could have googled just as easily as you got shitty
    I dont make shit up on here and if i am wrong on factual matters I will accept it.
    I am sure you will follow this lead as you seem the charming factual friendly type

Have you actually read that document?

It’s full of phrases like “suggesting” and “some evidence”. The author has not performed any “tests” himself and references other studies.

Looks like someone has their own agenda. The dramatic cover photograph suggesting the airports are full of pilots skinning up before getting in their planes, is clearly meant to shock the Aussie Daily Mail readers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Unless he just didn’t drive much in that period, which is what I took from it.

He needs to drive every day to get arround for work?

, but if the tests don’t actually prove a driver is stoned, then they aren’t really very good.

I thought someone posted up saying they tested for the active THC compound, not the metabolite? In which case it seems perfectly valid.

I can happily drink 4 pints and not be ‘drunk’ just as you could smoke a spliff and not be ‘stoned’, you’d not drive under either circumstances though.

The OPs defence seems to revolve around not knowing what the limit was, how high he was the day before, or how quickly his body metabolises the drug, and that he’s got fast reaction times because he can ride a bike faster than his mates. Ignorance of the law isn’t a defence, and in this context ignorance is a valid synonym for stupidity.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

and the money made from the sale of the drug is legit, taxed of course and doesn’t fund any other criminal activity ……

simondbarnes

Unless you think druggies shouldn’t be allowed to drive ever.

I don’t think I’d have an issue with that

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

The OPs defence seems to revolve around ……………… Ignorance of the law isn’t a defence, and in this context ignorance is a valid synonym for stupidity.

What are you talking about…….what defence ?

The OP isn’t on trial here. He didn’t ask people whether they thought he was guilty or not, he didn’t ask for their judgements or opinions.

He asked two questions :

“Has anyone any experience of this…?”

And :

“What is the likelihood of my blood THC content being below 4nanogram?”

Have you any experience and/or do you know the answer to the second question ?

bearnecessities

Come on, you know – a superiority complex gold mine is on offer. 🙂

Throw the book haribo at ‘im!

(Alpin, try not to stress. Sorry you’ve got to wait so long for a decision, but based on absolutely nothing other than a random opinion, I reckon it’ll be fine).

Many more folk drive hungover.

alpin
    Free Member

The limit set in Germany is lower than that in Switzerland. 1-4ng in Germany, 3ng in Switzerland. Weed is easy to get hold of in Switzerland and the police are not overly interested.

I know when I’m high. Trust me, I’ve had enough experience to know.

I don’t drive daily. Very rarely do I need to drive to work. I’m fortunate that most of my workshop/customers are less than 15km away. On the rare occasion I do drive to work I’ll often throw my bike in the back and ride home or get a lift back to town with a colleague.
    Often the van will sit there for a fortnight or more without being moved.

I’ve not got a problem with being caught. It is more the art of testing that have/am likely to have a problem with.

I fear my fat cells are full of redundant THC.

I’ve smoked for so long that I don’t see having a smoke any different to having a glass of wine or a beer in the evening. Whether you agree is down to you.

As stated, I wouldn’t knowingly get behind the wheel stoned. I might have a shandy with a meal if I’m driving,but more often than not I’ll have a mango juice (#rockstar).

I don’t think of myself as a criminal for smoking. I do think that all drugs should be regulated.

Even as a teenager I was never one for smoking in public spaces (other than the graveyard… Quiet,and a tap for filling buckets/bongs was handy).

Spoke to another acquaintance who despite having smoked few hours before being tested had levels so low that it wasn’t taken any further.

Just chatted to an old friend at the wedding and his brother got well and truly done despite not being a regular user and having smoked three days previously before being tested.

There doesn’t seem to be a hard and fast rule with regards to the effectiveness of testing. In fact, so far from those I have spoken to those that are/were heavy users and have been tested their results have come back negative. Those that are infrequent users have been stung.

crikey
    Free Member

Despite the interest from the desperate to be offended on your behalf, I’m not having a go at you. I don’t think using cannabis is any worse than using any number of legal things.

I do think that using it everyday leaves you open to exactly the kind of situation you find yourself in, and will also blunt your appreciation of how it may or may not affect you.

…I would also be concerned about why you feel the need to use it everyday; that’s not recreational use, more like a coping mechanism.

Smoking it will already have caused serious lung damage, and that’s the biggest long term effect that would worry me.

I hope you get away without much in the way of censure, but ‘ave a word with yourself before you need to.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I fear the hand wringing and naysayers will come out in the morning for you on here though Good luck fella

You weren’t wrong 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

crikey – Member

Despite the interest from the desperate to be offended on your behalf, I’m not having a go at you.

Who is “desperate to be offended” ?

Smoking it will already have caused serious lung damage, and that’s the biggest long term effect that would worry me.

What’s that got to do with the question alpin is asking ? Do you think that he’s never heard the claim that cannabis might be harmful ?

I feel completely unoffended by your comments btw, I just wonder why the need to lecture him. And why some people seem to think that he’s on trial here.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I just wonder why the need to lecture him. And why some people seem to think that he’s on trial here.

You’re new here aren’t you?

(I know you’re not ernie but you get my gist 😉 )

Drac

I wonder why some feel the need to defend him, he’s not on trial.

crikey
    Free Member

What you having for tea ernie? Is it taking a long time to cook?

hora
    Free Member

Alpin how much do you smoke and how often? Have you spoken to anyone about your addiction?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I love STW yesterday we had a thread where you were the worst thing since a baby robbin had his face stoved in for using more than a pinch of salt, or heaven forbid a stock cube bought from the supermarket!

Today you’re a member of the professionally offended if you think a habitual cannabis user is maybe not the best person to be judging whether or not he was under the influence when pulled over and failed a roadside drug test?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

I wonder why some feel the need to defend him, he’s not on trial.

Who’s defending him ?

I said at the start of the thread : “I don’t approve of the use of narcotics, I don’t much like alcohol either”. But only in response to “Wow…. Was expecting a backlash”.

Personally I think he’s an idiot. But I don’t see why I would need to tell him that since he’s not asking me what I think – I’m sure he’s not in the least bit interested in what I think.

He’s asking has anyone any experience of this and what is the likelihood of his blood THC content being below 4nanogram.

EDIT : ” But I don’t see why I would need to tell him that since he’s not asking me what I think”. Actually it’s more than that – I think he’s got enough shit on his plate without receiving lectures. So yes perhaps I am defending him. In different circumstances I might tell him he’s an idiot. But with potentially losing his job and having to leave the country another tact might be appropriate.

crikey
    Free Member

You’re stoned ernie…

scotroutes

You really need to stop repeating/thinking like that – I’ve heard it so many times from folk who’ve been drinking alcohol (and said it myself) 😆

enfht
    Free Member

Hora is everyone who drinks alcohol an addict as well? Have you spoken to anyone about your bigotry?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 435 total)

The topic ‘I'm about to be screwed… the question is how hard? THC content content.’ is closed to new replies.