Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • If you drive a huge car…
  • fadda

Please learn to park it within a standard parking space.

Thanks

donsimon
    Free Member

Learn to tolerate others. 😉

stumpy01

A lot of cars, even fairly standard ones don’t fit in some parking spaces…

fadda

Tolerance?!? That’s not what I come here for, you *****! 😉

chiefgrooveguru

Don’t visit Wilmslow whatever you do!

Olly
    Free Member

A lot of cars, even fairly standard ones don’t fit in some parking spaces..

BS.

some people are just bone idle.
    i think cars should be licensed by weight or dimensions.
    until you’ve proven your capable of parking your TANK, get a smaller car madam.

auto park is not helping my case.
    just makes people EVEN lazier.

i can see it now, auto park dumps the car near the space, and the “driver” if you can call them that, washes their hands of it.

eugh

welcome to Devon.

epicyclo

fadda – Member

No need. Up our way big expensive cars all seem to be owned by handicapped folk judging by where they’ve parked them…

donsimon
    Free Member

Buy a smaller car to fit in the spaces…

Bunnyhop

chiefgrooveguru – Member

Don’t visit Wilmslow whatever you do!

Yes – My sister lives there, so I’m familiar with the guy who owns the hummer and thinks its o.k to park it on double yellow lines just around the corner from Hooper’s store, blocking other motorists (footballer I think) idiot.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Petrol bomb it, then claim it was friendly fire?

allthepies
    Free Member

.. you have a small d***

Bunnyhop

😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

ram raid, then do a nice gentle shop, courteous and polite to all the staff, take ages to pack your shopping in a nice orderly fashion. Then burn rubber and **** off at 100mph! that’ll confuse ’em!

bruk

From the mash.

retro83
    Free Member

fadda – Member

Thanks

240 pages, fill yer boots:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=768257&mid=235096&i=0&nmt=The%20BAD%20PARKING%20thread&mid=235096

samuri
    Free Member

Agreed. Plus if you drive a small car, learn to park that between the lines as well, my experience suggests crap drivers can be found in all sizes of cars. My car is enormous and I still manage to get it in straight. It’s not difficult.

Cougar

Up our way big expensive cars all seem to be owned by handicapped folk judging by where they’ve parked them…

I’m of the opinion that if you park in a disabled space and you’re not disabled, a couple of large men should be on hand to ensure that you are.

Gary_C

Like the Daily Mash pic !

I’ll print a few off & slip ’em under the windscreen wipers of ‘offenders’ next time I go & do my weekly supermarket shop….

😈

samuri
    Free Member

I’m of the opinion that if you park in a disabled space and you’re not disabled, a couple of large men should be on hand to ensure that you are.

I broke my knee a few years back and was on crutches. Admittedly this state was only temporary rather than those who have life long conditions that make it difficult to walk about but in those few mnonths I learned to despise non-handicapped parkers. I got in a lot of arguments during that time.

The biggest gripe I had was at my son’s football club. The guys who trained the lads would park in the disabled slots because ‘they had to be there early’. That meant we had to park at the school down the road and walk/crutch over a mile to get to the ground. On one wet day I had a nose to nose ‘come on then’ row with the head of the club. What a nasty little character he was.

mboy
    Free Member

A lot of cars, even fairly standard ones don’t fit in some parking spaces…

Dunno whether we’re just lacking in space in general, or my local council prescribe that all spaces round this way are subtly smaller than elsewhere in the UK, but my Passat Estate (big, but by no means huge) doesn’t fit in many car parking spaces round here! At least one end of the car is always hanging out slightly…

I manage to park my 5mtr long truck in most parking spaces, but inevitably it overhangs somewhere, sometimes.

What gets on my tits mostly, is when you have a nice car and don’t want some muppet opening their door into the side of it – you find a half empty car park with hundreds of free spaces, park well away from anyone else and inevitably someone comes and parks directly next to you!

WHY????

Sandwich

They’re out to get you!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Happens to me in the van. Park in the middle of a vast empty car park and come back to find someone’s parked right under my wing mirror. Making it limbo time to get in.

Kuco

What gets on my tits mostly, is when you have a nice car and don’t want some muppet opening their door into the side of it – you find a half empty car park with hundreds of free spaces, park well away from anyone else and inevitably someone comes and parks directly next to you!

That be me just to annoy you 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

WHY????

As someone who rarely agrees with your almost incessant moaning STR, I have to completely agree with you on this one. I simply cannot understand the thinking that goes on in the mind of people who that, it’s almost pervy – like the guy who chooses to use the urinal next to you when there are plenty of others to choose from.

As the owner of an almost 5 metre long car, I would like to know why Micra drivers can’t learn to accelerate beyond 25mph …… or is it as I suspect, that they only do just to wind me up ? ****

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I generally find round here, that the smaller the car, the worse the parking

Some people shouldn’t have a license

Karinofnine

My car doesn’t fit in parking spaces, it overhangs and only just fits between the lines. I usually head for the empty spaces too far for most people to walk to the supermarket (ie more than 100 metres) and abandon it, in true 4×4 style, across four spaces, or, even better, with one or more wheels in the flowerbed (which no longer support any plant life, having long ago surrendered to a deluge of cigarette butts, empty lager cans, crisp packets, dog wee oh, and of course, 4x4s).

True though, no matter where I leave her, someone will park their chavmobile RIGHT.NEXT.TO.ME and then their fat chavvy wife and fat chavvy children have to try to wriggle out without hitting my doors.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Standard parking spaces are for micro cars. Providers are just tight arses who’ll pack as many cars into a smaller space as possible.

Numpty at the council office will approve the inadequare parking because they are far left wing plonkers with zero sense of pragmatism and are generally resentful and mean spirited (just like Tandem Jeremy – the biggest idiot on stw!)

donsimon
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member

Standard parking spaces are for micro cars. Providers are just tight arses who’ll pack as many cars into a smaller space as possible.

Numpty at the council office will approve the inadequare parking because they are far left wing plonkers with zero sense of pragmatism and are generally resentful and mean spirited (just like Tandem Jeremy – the biggest idiot on stw!)

Don’t hold back there, just say it how you see it. 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yup, luckily for me Croydon council is now Tory control and they provide parking spaces for posh bastards with big Volvos.

It’s a shame that left wing plonkers still control Tesco’s parking policy though 😐

Karinofnine

Spongebob – just a tiny weeny bit controversial?

For the statisticians – is this the first time TJ has been dissed without even having posted on a thread?

I’m going on me bike now, will look back later, this one could get interesting…

Hairychested
    Free Member

The smaller the car, tho more moronic driver tends to be.

aracer
    Free Member

For the statisticians – is this the first time TJ has been dissed without even having posted on a thread?

More like the millionth.

Olly
    Free Member

what toss.
    parking spaces have to be a certain size.
    the fact that the manafacturer of your car decided that you dont need to be able to open the doors once your in the space is your problem

If this fellow were in the UK, and therefore RHD

thats space on his right is DEFIANTLY big enough for my car 🙂
    Electric auto mirrors: IN
    park car in MIDDLE of the adjoining space

make the sod climb over his centre console.

i hope hes got dog muck on his shoes and gets it on the leather.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I park how I like, because I can.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I can’t believe I forgot about this, but having just been out I was reminded of the rules of parking when going to church which are as follows

1 Park on double yellow lines
    2 If no double yellow lines are available, park all over a busy junction
    3 If there isn’t a suitable junction available, park anywhere else, but at least 1 meter from the kerb
    4 Don’t worry about stuffing up the roads for anyone else, God is on your side

molgrips
    Free Member

i can see it now, auto park dumps the car near the space, and the “driver” if you can call them that, washes their hands of it.

You’ve never used it then…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

is this the first time TJ has been dissed without even having posted on a thread?

As aracer suggests, pre-emptive attacks on TJ are indeed very common. They don’t however necessarily stop him. Nor is there any evidence that he doesn’t deserve them.

I never knew that about evil church-goers Cheesyfeet……..you learn something new everyday, eh ?

br
    Free Member

A friend (newish Brera) complained about this too.

Easy says I, because I know if I park next to a really nice car, that there is less chance of them dinging my bodywork.

hora
    Free Member

I park over two bays sometimes. My car is my property to damage as I chose not strangers opening their doors onto mine or squeezing through with their bags.

Get over yourself?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘If you drive a huge car…’ is closed to new replies.