• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Robz.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I'd love Pace to make another fork
  • starsh78
    Free Member

I dont know about you, but I miss pace doing what they do best, which is making suspension forks, I used them religiously whilst they were available.. I imagine them to look something like the Current DT Swiss range..

your thoughts?

Rorschach
    Free Member

😐

aP
    Free Member

I would imagine that looking like the current DT Swiss forks is about as far as it would go, if our experience of Pace forks from the mid 90s is anything to go by.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Starsh78 have you been in hibernation?

Raindog
    Free Member

I miss lots of things, but my Pace forks are not on the list.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I had a set of RC40s. They were lovely looking forks and the damping was great.

However, the seals weren’t very good, the travel adjust kept breaking and bits kept falling off them.

Swapping them to Pikes was the best thing I ever did.

Markie
    Free Member

I’d love them to make another square tubed racy hardtail frame, but am happy to leave their forks in the past!

z1ppy

If DT Swiss can’t make Pace’s design’s work well… & no-one has yet to convince me they have.
    Why would you want another crap design from Pace?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The last model RC36s and RC38s were great – I’m still using the RC38s for racing.

starsh78
    Free Member

Starsh78 have you been in hibernation?

nope just love a good british product…

lets face it their frames have always look a bit shit shall we say.

kimbers

after watching my mates rc41s fighters disintegrate bit by bit over a 5 day period in the alps id rather not put my faith in anything so flimsy

joolsburger
    Free Member

Pace RC36’s were scary mine disintegrated and hurt me badly. Never again. Nice looking and light but entirely unsuitable for purpose.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

In what way did they disintegrate out of interest?

flow
    Free Member

lets face it their frames have always look a bit shit shall we say.

RC200 frames where damn fine for the times!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Loved my RC41 XCAMs until Pace serviced them – never felt any good after that.

stabilizers

Loved my XCAM RC41’s too but then they go crap and need serviced. Then they are good again. That’s the never ending process and it got very expensive. They were too complex too. Too much to adjust and go wrong. The rebound dial was just bad design.
    As above. Sometimes the performance went shit during a ride.
    Gone back to Fox Floats 140’s (2nd hand deal so better value for money IMO)

joolsburger
    Free Member

The brake side drop out unbonded from the fork leg whilst I was riding at speed because of this the forks failed in a massive way.

drifting_james
    Free Member

I’ve just come in from the garage – where I have been servicing my RC41s this afternoon.

The other week I serviced my 2007 Fox Float 140s – and I gotta say the internals of the fox seem better made, and i prefer the performance of the fox when out on the trail. Pace forks need too much tlc for me. Admittedly the fox isn’t exactly fit and forget, but it seems they have been designed for taking apart and putting back together

But pace forks look soooo good, and when i took off the carbon fork lowers, they were just so light. I think I would like carbon lowers for my fox forks… if only someone would make those.

billyboy
    Free Member

I like my RC41s…give them a squirt of Fork Juice occassionaly and they are plusher than a plush thing…..

just ignore the occassional fluid discharge/ seals dislodging/ lock down not realy working and creeping incremental to the steepness of the climb … and they are biz boz

Seriously…………..they are good if you can put up with the side issues

think relationships

never mind the ….., it rides well

chakaping
    Free Member

It was funny how the oil ran down the legs when you left them upside down.

It’s a long time since a suspension fork made me laugh, so maybe they should make a comeback yeah.

Robz
    Free Member

I had a set of Pace Monstor (their spelling) DH forks.

They broke virtually every single time I used them. Damper rods snapped where they bolted to the lowers.

Worst. Forks. Ever.

And their customer support was pish.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'd love Pace to make another fork’ is closed to new replies.