Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • I stuck a tenner on Lance!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Am I mad?!

pcb
    Free Member

nope

DrDolittle
    Free Member

6-1?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Was it in his G String in a lap dancing club?

If so, yes you are

tankslapper
    Free Member

Was it in his G String in a lap dancing club?

PMSL!

I said on Lance not ‘on his lance!!’

terrahawk
    Free Member

I reckon you’ve wasted your tenner, but worth a punt as they say.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

waste of money!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

they all said that when i put a tenner on sastre at 14/1 last year……

tankslapper
    Free Member

epo

I’m not sure – his whole prep on the run-up to the Tour has been vintage Lance.

Some have criticised Astana for not being the same team that helped Lance to victory in the past but I look at the quality. As long as Contador plays ball and Levi Leiphiemmer puts in a solid performance I think he is the real deal.

I think I read somewhere that Lance has even offered to buy Astana? So I guess Contador will do as he’s told.

Simply put – don’t write him off!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

lance for the top 3, but i reckon sastre will be up there, even lance reckons he will be the strongest in the last week……….

jimmy

can’t see it myself. but then it also wouldn’t surprise me.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

TS……

although with Lance you should never say never due to what hes been through and achieved but we need to get into perspective what he’s up against – he is knocking on the door of 38 and hasn’t really raced for almost 4 years not to mention his collarbone break – i’d love it if i were to be proved wrong i really would but i would say a top 10 would be an achievement, who knows he may even win a stage, although i doubt that too! Contador is pure class and Evans looks on top form too, we shall see as they say – its gonna be good whatever happens.

Ed2001
    Free Member

As they say a fool and his money.

izakimak
    Free Member

I doubt contador will play ball, he will be out to prove he’s better than lance. If he win’s he’ll be able to choose who he ride’s for next season.

hora
    Free Member

I doubt contador will play ball, he will be out to prove he’s better than lance. If he win’s he’ll be able to choose who he ride’s for next season.

You are of course assuming Lance is a tired and spent professional rider of course. True, I think he’ll be a top5 finisher now however who the **** out of the current field could do the same? He RACED against smackheads and beat them. Sorry. Too many armchair fans sneer too readily. Idiots.

izakimak
    Free Member

Hora i’m not assuming anything. I would like to see Lance win again but i think Contador will do whatever it takes to beat him after lance’s comment’s on him earlier in the season. That’s just my opinion.

hora
    Free Member

Sorry, not having a go at you personally or otherwise 🙂 just angry in general about the Lance-knockers. Sick of them knocking everything hes done and ultimately his work-ethic. Even if he doesnt win, hes shown his fire/anger/will to win. I know he wont win but seriously wont put anything past him, even 3-4yrs after his last win (past his peak as well).

izakimak
    Free Member

Hora i didn’t take it personally but if i ever see you round rivvy i expect a grovelling apology. 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

epo – I respect your opinion, but heh! Let’s dream – it’s a good one…

aP
    Free Member

I guess we’ll be seeing Vino in the team cars in the next couple of days?

epicyclo

Contador is carrying the 1 number.

I reckon we’ll see Lance ride for Contador, and his pay off will be to be handed a few stages.

samuri
    Free Member

nah, I quite like some bits of Lance but he’s a complete cock for the most part and is well past it. He’s almost as old as me and I’d blow goats on the tour de france which pretty much sums up how well Lance will do. You have to be 22, stuffed full of drugs that they can’t find from blood tests yet and be the most crazed individual to ever sit on a bike to win nowadays.

I personally think the win will go to contador but to be fair, I played fantasy TdF last year and every single person I picked either got busted for taking drugs or crashed and burned so take that with a pinch of salt.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think Lance did great to be 40 seconds behind, finish in the top ten after a few yrs out and his age.

I don’t know what he’s like and couldn’t care if doesn’t win ever again-he’ll always be my TdF roadie hero watching him all those yrs ago helped me ride again 😛

He’s done loads for cancer research and awareness and made dying kids happy etc and given hope to many sufferes.

How about taking your betting money and donating to good causes other than your wallet? like cancer UK?

hora
    Free Member

Hasnt Lance already ridden for Contador etc though?

aP
    Free Member

Lance will never ride for Contador, and as soon as the Kazakhs throw Bruyneel out Contador will probably move immediately to Caisse d’Epargne. Leipheimer will crack massively, Kloden will be knocked back (and more) and Lance will split the Astana team in half.
    The most annoying thing about the itv4 coverage is that no matter what happens every second sentence has a reference to how Lance would, might, has, could of done it. But then we’re piggy backing on the US coverage which is what really matters to Ligget.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

no he hasnt, he “conveniently” threw himself on the floor and busted his collarbone………….sastre for the win.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I think we will find out for sure on the first mountain stage, but my money would be on Contador… but I wouldn’t bet against Lance doing it.

Armstrong is no longer dominating the Time trials like he used to, so it will all depend on his climbing.

Stoner
    Free Member

quick Qu: what time do the stages start – I cant find it on the tdf site.

anagallis_arvensis

astana as a team are stupidly strong, contador the strongest.

mudshark
    Free Member

Wasn’t it Lance’s usual thing for others in his team to ride TTs before him so that they could give him feedback? I think yesterday he was the 1st rider from Astana so maybe this means he feels to prove himself before he can get the others to ride for him?

AndyP
    Free Member

maybe this means he feels to prove himself before he can get the others to ride for him?
    on yesterday’s showing he’s got a fair way to go then…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I miss Jan Ullrich. The pies, the beer, the beer, the schnitzel, the crazy plummeting weight as he remembered he actually had to race in the Summer, the amphetamines, the German nightclubs, the fake myspace, the hatred/jealousy of Lance that poured out in every bead of sweat – I’ve nothing against Lance it’s simply that Jan provided the pathos and the bathos of many relatively recent years.

AndyP
    Free Member

quick Qu: what time do the stages start – I cant find it on the tdf site.
    they vary. Today’s is 12:45 (French time). You can find this info on http://www.letour.fr

Stoner
    Free Member

aha, cheers Andy – found the schedules now
    http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/us/200/etape_par_etape.html

shoefiti
    Free Member

Contador
    Evans
    Menchov
    Armstrong
    Sastre

In that order, my accumalator will pay off the mortgage! 😆

AndyP
    Free Member

I think your mortgage lenders can look forward to many more years of interest from you… 😉

Surfr
    Free Member

probably not as mad for me sticking 2 quid on Cav! at 750-1 I just liked the odds

tankslapper
    Free Member

Surfr – Member

probably not as mad for me sticking 2 quid on Cav! at 750-1 I just liked the odds

Tell me it was for the maillot vert?

shoefiti
    Free Member

I’d of personally given you odds of 1500 to 1 for that! Especially following his efforts on the nationals!

aviemoron
    Free Member

IMG_0077.JPG
    I still think of the Lance look when I’m doing hill intervals!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I stuck a tenner on Lance!’ is closed to new replies.