Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I never thought I'd say it but…
  • yossarian
    Free Member
    Drac
    binners

I was thinking that myself this morning. Pretty smart move there. Mind you, to make a career out of repeatedly playing yourself for huge sums of cash? He’s obviously not daft 😀

skiboy
    Free Member

+1 for the above, well done that man,

never one to read the red tops myself, but those that do along with the mail readership deserve some of the blame, red top readers should just stick to the beano

yossarian
    Free Member

😳

vinnyeh

+1, though he appears to dribble at 39″.

About Thatcher’s relationship with the Murdoch press ‘first one to become an undignified sycophant to that organisation’ 😆

transmute
    Free Member

Funny how it came out 3 months ago and it was almost completely ignored by the press then.
    Considering the implications regarding the political leaders, dodgy police and wotnot?
    But hack a dead soldier or child’s phone (horridly unpleasant though that is) and it all kicks off!
    I guess we just expect the politicos and plod to be shafting us as a matter of course! 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Grant is absolutely brilliant in that clip. And he wipes the floor with a rather bright journalist – he dun’im like a kipper. I had no idea Grant was so talented.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What the nation needs is to take a lesson from the people of Liverpool and just not buy the papers.

With a proper boycott I reckon it wouldn’t take more than a couple of months before they disappeared for good.

transmute
    Free Member

That final line from HG was class! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hehe… “…you should try real journalism Paul…”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Nasty snivelling little weasel of a man, that journalist. Do the “people of Dover” know he’s speaking for them?

And what has the amount of money someone earns got to do with it? Pah.

We’re all in this together.

nickf
    Free Member

I had no idea Grant was so talented

The guy won a scholarship to Cambridge, so he’s clearly not dim. He does nice-but-dim roles because they pay the most, so that he can spend his time doing what he likes best, which seems to be playing golf.

Seems to me he’s got his life sorted very well indeed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I meant talented as in arguing with a very capable opponent. And the guy is clearly very talented with regards to that. You can be very smart but lack those skills. Richard Branson always sticks in my mind as an example of that – his was one of the worse performances I have ever seen on BBC’s Question Time. He stumbled, hesitated, and made a complete cock-up of it. I don’t think he ever appeared again.

nickf
    Free Member

Fair point Ernie – and on a point of accuracy, I stated Cambridge but meant Oxford. 180 degrees wrong….the shame of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I never thought I'd say it but…’ is closed to new replies.