Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I need a new Battery Pouch
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I made trouties DIY 1800 lumen lights last year, and made a home made battery pack of 3 x 3 18650 batteries.

These used to fit nicely in to a battery case I had that fitted on the top tube. However my new bike will not take the pack on the top tube. So I need a:

Battery Pouch approx 90 x 62 x 40 cm that will fit to a 90mm oversized stem.

Any ideas?

Ta

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bump!

cookeaa

RustyMac

You may be easier putting them in a bottle and sticking that in a bottle cage.

I am slightly confused by your measurements! how are the batteries arranged? I am also presuming the battery measurement are in mm rather than cm as it would be huge otherwise.

if they are in rows of 3 do the 9 batteries not make a square end?

i have seen packs of 4 cell packs mounted to a stem but not more that that.

With the bottle idea you simply rip the drinking nozzle bit out and feed the connector through then re-pack the nozzle with blu-tack or silicone sealant depending on how permanent you want it.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I use this one with my Lumen Liberator. Fit perfectly on the stem.
    Clicky

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry posted in a rush…

Its a 3 x 2 config, and yes measurements should be mm.

A water bottle wouldnt work as the batteries wouldnt fit through the neck of a bottle unfortunately.

Just checked the lumicycle and it wont fit.

trout
    Free Member

dunk I have an old Lib bag you can have its a bit muddy bit will fit your batteries

or a new bag like the lumi one. got a box full of those but dont think your battery will fit them

cookeaa

I’ve converted one of These With a cable grommet and a short intermediate cable in the lid to accept a 4x 18650 (Bastid) pack which is pretty loose in there (normally packed out with spares/socks). it might be able to take your 2×3 cell configuration, worth checking the bottle dimensions.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I think I’m going to try the bottle approach. The one that cookeaa uses looks ideal! I think 3 x 2 on my stem would be a bit heavy and bulky.

The bottle says it fits 74mm bottle cages, I assume thats standard?

bigjim
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I need a new Battery Pouch’ is closed to new replies.