Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I heard a cuckoo on the Quantocks yesterday.
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

About 7 yesterday eveniing at the top of Sheppards Combe near Bicknoller Post. First of the year for me, Summer’s on it’s way 🙂

trailmonkey

disappointed not to hear one on dartmoor yesterday.

there are three or four spots where i ride that have a (briefly) resident cuckoo. always a warming sound.

sharki
    Free Member

TM, i recall always hearing em in the area around the, i think golden dagger area?

Dibbs
    Free Member

The BTO is tracking some they caught last year, the nearest is still in Southern Europe http://www.bto.org/science/migration/tracking-studies/cuckoo-tracking

jam-bo

disappointed not to hear one on dartmoor yesterday.

there are three or four spots where i ride that have a (briefly) resident cuckoo. always a warming sound.

Cuckoo rock?

roper
    Free Member

I can confirm they are in S/Spain. They have been here for a 3 weeks. Roll on summer 🙂

trailmonkey

jambo – cuckoo rock indeed although i always thought that it was a little closer to the scout hut but it’s hard to pinpont it. certainly always one in that area.

sharki – golden dagger/challacombe area is another as is the woods at natsworthy at the bottom of hameldown. this wood has been thinned out a lot but the cuckoo returned last year.

maybe it was still a tad early for them yesterday.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

cool

saladdodger
    Free Member

Dibbs you are friggin coo coo

it just the noises inside your head 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

It takes one to know one sd 😀

KennySenior
    Free Member

I heard a cuckoo on the Quantocks yesterday.

TJ on holiday is he?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

You’re absolutely sure it was interference on your hearing aid Dibbs?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I heard a cuckoo on the Quantocks yesterday.’ is closed to new replies.