Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I had a good ride today
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

strange, I know. but fab ride. really good. Really enjoyed myself and pushed it a bit. Really good day, brilliant weather. Fabulous. 🙂 I Love riding bikes!

takisawa2

Same here. Following some local bridleways, putting together a local loop. Bit of cheeky stuff to cobble it all together. Lucky I took one of my P7’s as darkness descended a few miles from home. Gorgeous sunset. One to remember.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I did too. Through the centre of That London’s Famous London to South Ken, chilli con carne and chips (with salad) at Floris Cafe, then to the V+A to see the Postmodernism exhibition. Quite good actually. Only problem was, I had terrible wind (not caused by the chilli, that just pressurised the existing turbluence thus exacerbating the problem). Had to do a fair bit of surreptitious ‘crop-dusting’ which was 90% successful. Tried to chat up a nice young lady with a lovely bottom but din’t realise she was with her boyf (yeah but she knows she’d be better off with me really tell the truth). I crop-dusted him so they’ve probbly split up by now. Ah well she had her chance.

Check out this really cool teapot by Richard Notkin; shaped like two cooling towers!

Can’t moan really tbh.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes! Elf, it is exactly the same thing! there is SO much to see!! I do miss those rides about that London too. I just love seeing stuff!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Getting out on a bike and seeing stuff is all good, whether it’s art exhibitions in That London, or Welsh mountains in That Wales. All great stimulating experiences, and riding yer bike. Can’t go wrong with that I reckon.

One of my favourite things ever in the V+A is also one of the smallest things in there:

I just love that. It’s a Japanese ‘Netsuke’ which is a kind of cord toggle worn with traditional Japanese dress. There’s a fantastic collection in the V+A, all exquisitely hand-carved from wood, bone, jade, ivory and stone.

Also love this tiny octopus one too:

There are wonderful things in this World. Having a bike can help you find them.

deluded
    Free Member

The restorative powers of mountain biking are unsurpassed. Never have I come back from a ride thinking that was crap. Massively important for body and soul.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that octopus is evil

wrightyson
    Free Member

No ride today but can’t wait for tomorrows blast. Reckon it’s gonna be a tad chilly on the finger ends mind! Loving riding every other day at the moment in preperation for Wales two weeks today!! 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

go for it wrightyson!! fingers- fahhgettaboutit!

iDave
    Free Member

cool stuff there elf, reminds me I want to get to the da vinci exhibition

yunki
    Free Member

is that teapot made of chocolate..?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, it’s some form of ceramic material.

It’s a more ‘terracotta’ colour in real life.

Kevevs
    Free Member

more thungs should be
    terracotta. imh. you’re not allowed to sneak in a mid ride exhibition, there’s definitly rules against that!

yunki
    Free Member

No, it’s some form of ceramic material.

baaaahhh.. 😡

chocolate was a juxtaposition that pleased me little soul..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No that would just be silly, Yunki. 😐

There was also this concrete hi-fi whilst interesting woon’t want it in the house tbh.

And quite a lot of toss if I’m being brutally honest.

I think Kev wooduv found some of the 2-D graphic design stuff inertesting.

Kevevs
    Free Member

nice one mate. I love that pompous meaningless 80’s stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVc29bYIvCM&feature=player_detailpage

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s ‘bricolage’, innit? I know you like flat and tatty stuff what’s bin stick together randomly.

I really liked this ladies’ Chanel jacket by Karl Lagerfeld:

There was also this outfit worn by Sean Young in Bladerunner:

And this sound stuck in my head in fact I found it quite unsettling. 🙁

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIqA3i2zQw&feature=related[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Remember when I made that godawful techno noise in Stella’s office in Garijbaynd? I think that Italian lass found it a bit disturbing. 😆

She worked in SnappySnaps in Wood Green.

I made a ringtone once. It was so horrible I coodunt actually use it. 😥

Kevevs
    Free Member

just a great massive tune bollocks to estellas and them lot!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! Remember that Rokeby geezer? I seen him recently just down the road from where I live, innit? Still with all that ‘cyborg’ twattage all over himself. Jeeze. And people on here think I’m an attention seeker! 😆

Liked the juxtaposition of this:

Wazunt the best exhibition I’ve bin to really. Bit ‘Hoxtonish’ for my liking. All frippery and floss, rather than really getting into the subject properly.

Lots of stylish young ladies though; if I hadunt bin so flatulently afflicted, I’duv bin well away. 😳

hugor
    Free Member

How did a “I had a good ride today” thread turn into all this waffle? 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I had a good ride today’ is closed to new replies.