Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • I got robbed on the train utter utter f*cking barstewards
  • Pigface
    Free Member

How about this for just utter bollox. Went to Birmingham to day for work and decided to buy an ipod touch on the way home. Been hankering afterone for a while. Checked the prices and got one from the Apple shop in the bull ring. Stuck it in my bag, got on train put bag overhead, train heaving lots of people standing. Just got home opened bag anf some mindless tool has helped himself, never even got to touch it as it was still in packaging. just gutted, who do I tell? is there cctv on trains?
    Ba$tards is all i can think of.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Think you're going to be out of luck here. Even if there is CCTV how are they going to catch the perpetrator?

redthunder
    Free Member

🙁

Spose you could get a Creative Zen now with a padlock 🙂

grim168
    Free Member

Did you pay by credit card. Might have some insurance on it ?

Graham

juiced
    Free Member

buggers. I was really angry when a chav bumped into me and said 'alright mate'. Straight away I thought that odd (ie being friendly) got out the shop and found my wallet had gone.Remember seeing him looking at me when I was at the till.

project
    Free Member

Phone the train company, someone may have handed it in as lost property,

juiced
    Free Member

give the train line a call tomorrow. Try and remeber what carriage you were in.Yes the Train should have cctv ( mine do)

yetiguy
    Free Member

trains have cctv, is it possible that it fell out?

bruneep

Yes the Train should have cctv ( mine do)

You have a train? 😯

rs
    Free Member

whats wrong with you anyway, you should have had it opened for a fiddle on the train!

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh God this gets worse just opened my e mail and there is the receipt for my i pod 🙁

No I dont think it would have fallen out, did buy with a credit card but why would that give me insurance??

Going to sulk.

Pigface
    Free Member

I wanted to save it for home and with no charge in the battery how much fun could it be, wish I had taken it out now.

Philby

Report the incident to British Transport Police.

Northwind

Home insurance? I'm often amazed by what you can claim on some policies.

It is **** though. I'm like a man possessed on the train, if I can't get everything I have within constant eyeshot I go nuts. And then they tell you not to put a lock on your bike even though they've given you a seat 3 carriages away!

matt_outandabout

Did you buy it on credit card?

rOcKeTdOg

probably followed you from the store, you made it easy for them leaving it unattended, crappy, still at least they didn't mug you for it

allthepies
    Free Member

How do you know it was nicked on the train, had you checked the bag before putting onto the rack ?

tthew

Been onto BTP myself tonight. Commuter bike pinched today. Tough luck Pigface, I hope they get what's coming to them the horrible lowlifes.

m_cozzy
    Free Member

And the lesson is stay off the train. Full of undesirable lowlifes who cannot afford a car.

woffle
    Free Member

And the lesson is stay off the train. Full of undesirable lowlifes who cannot afford a car.

Pfftt. My season ticket is the wrong side of £3K a year…

rs
    Free Member

1st rule of using public transport, trust nobody! keep your shit by your side…

I realise this advice comes a little late 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

I spit on the theif!

O Puhh!

Hope your credit has some insurance.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Knee cap em west Belfast stylee

grievoustim
    Free Member

a colleague of mine at work was in the habit of leaving her brompton folded up by the door, whilst she took a seat. I would never do this – but she is a basically trusting sort

one day the inevitable happened and 2 young men in sportswear grabbed the bike and legged it off the train whilst it was stopped at a station

luckily she saw it happen, leapt off the train, ran up the platform, caught them up, grabbed the brompton from their sweaty clutches (I think she caught them by surprise by approaching from behind them). Not only that she also then leapt back onto the train just before it left the station.

she now stays with her bike whilst on the train

grievoustim
    Free Member

it will almost certainly be insured on your credit card by the way

djglover
    Free Member

Wow, I even take my work laptop to the toilet on a train I'm so paranoid*. My Ipod is never anywhere but my pocket.

*East Coast Free wifi don't let you stream video so you can't watch pron in the toilet

Business brains take the train 😉

duckman

Some git took my seat and seat post out of my bike,nice wee 12 mile commute standing up.

hora
    Free Member

A gyspy woman with a baby swaddled up tried pickpocketing me once. I imagine they are told to watch and avoid Yorkshiremen. Sadly she took me for a foreigner 🙄

takisawa2

I must be paranoid because I never let anything out of sight. Wife called me daft when I cable locked our £500 pushchair to a railing at Warwick Castle. A scum-thief would have had a field day with what was left outside while people went on a 25min walkabout inside the house. Its the same at caravan sites we use, shit loads of kit left lying around all day & night.

kevonakona
    Free Member

And yet ironically i knew a girl who cleaned the trains from London once they'd got to Edinburgh. Always finding laptops, ipods, wallets etc.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

did buy with a credit card but why would that give me insurance??

Should do, yes. I clained for a new motorbike helmet (£320) when I crashed in a 2 month onld one, no problem at all.

Seriously, get onto the credit card company, we pay enough in interest exactly for just this sort of thing

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Did you buy it on a credit card?

(Sorry, thought I would ask as everyone else is still asking even though he has already said he did).
    8)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Always finding laptops, ipods

Always, or just the once?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I got robbed on the train utter utter f*cking barstewards’ is closed to new replies.