• This topic has 104 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • I didn't realise you can reserve a car parking space at trail centres nowadays..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

So this afternoon I pull into the packed Glentress carpark, and spot a space which some chap is standing in the middle of with his bike. When I ask him if he can move he tells me that hes keeping it for his mate who is apparently just on his way…turns out hes a few cars behind me as it happens.

When I tell him he can’t reserve a spot, he replies ‘oh yes he can’ and short of either running him over or picking a fight with him theres not a huge amount I can do about it.

I assume I’m not alone in thinking his actions were those of a selfish bellend, or is this standard etiquite in GT since they royally f’d up the parking arrangements there?

nealglover
    Free Member

When I tell him he can’t reserve a spot, he replies ‘oh yes he can’ and short of either running him over or picking a fight with him theres not a huge amount I can do about it.

Suppose he was right then, you can reserve a spot after all 😉

Kuco

So why didn’t you just run him over then? 😉

RustySpanner

Chap out, wee on his shoes and watch him dance away at top speed. 🙂
    Seriously, never heard anything quite so sad in my life.

What bike did he have, so I can build up another prejudice?

tpbiker
    Free Member

ha ha…i assume some people arent as gratious as me however!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Whats the problem with the parking?

FWIW I would just shrug it off & chill out – aint worth getting yer knicks in a twist..

tpbiker
    Free Member

Orange 5…

probably….

😉

Markie
    Free Member

I guess you could park up in front of the space so while you can’t get in, neither can the chap who has reserved it. It then becomes a battle of wills / test of who is most willing to waste their time.

fairhurst
    Free Member

ooo was getting all excited then as that would be a marvelous idea..

cynic-al
    Free Member

You should have just sat there until he moved.

Dick (him).

Or keyed his and his mate’s cars while they rode “no you can’t reserve a space here, or if you do, this will happen again 😡 ”

antigee

i’d have just shrugged it off unless feeling grumpy and then i’d have asked which car was his and parked to block it in

scaredypants

you can’t win that – assuming he’s enough of a git cynicAl ( 😉 ) to key your car and you’re not enough of one to key his

jools182
    Free Member

there’s nothing like a bellend ruining your day

Rorschach
    Free Member

Driving into the car park of a busy N wales trail centre car park one morning when the car behind tears off the wrong way up the one way exit road at high speed.Just as I’m about to pull in to one of the last remaining spaces he appears in a cloud of dust and skids to a halt straight into the same space.He got out,looked me in the eye and said “unlucky”.I informed him that ‘no you’re the unlucky one because this is a private car park,I work here, you can consider yourself barred for reckless driving and now you can piss off home again.Suddenly he was all apologetic and was ‘just having a laugh’ and moved.
    Ahhh….good days….they were few and far between.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I suppose life is full of tossers, it didn’t ruin my day, just pissed me off at the time that some folks have that kind of attitude.

What ruined my day was realising how unfit I am halfway up redemption climb on the Black run…a truely horrible experience 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

Get over yourself. It’s fine, I’m sure you just parked somewhere else.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You are fine. The other guy is a bell-end; there’s a lot of them about. Some of them don’t even drive an Audi 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Are they bmw drivers?

fairhurst
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

Get over yourself. It’s fine, I’m sure you just parked somewhere else

Slightly harsh Munro,
    it sounds clearly like this guy was being extremely rude,we are all lovers of two wheeels arent we.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if there were other spaces I would move if there were no more it would be mine. I would then hope he would have the good grace to stand there whilst i undo my forks whilst drinking furiously from the camelbak.get out the ipad and immediately start a thread on here asking what to do next.

scaredypants

should’ve taken his pic and posted him up here

(if he’s who I think he is, I haven’t seen munrobiker since that photo crazylegs took)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes a pic posted on here would have been the best solution.

I was only joking about keying the ****’s car, but I really despise this sort of selfish behaviour.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

So this afternoon I pull into the packed Glentress carpark

go to Glentress for half a day? do you steal the diesel out of your granny’s yacht?

yossarian
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have happened on natural trails or in England.

Lesson to be learned I think.

downshep

Conversely…

There I was parked on the bike in a space at GT, when this oik appeared and assumed his car had more right to be there even though I got my bike in first.

Should have started a thread on STW about it…..

kayak23

You’d have probably done similar if a mate was joining you. Chillax….

hugor
    Free Member

should’ve taken his pic and posted him up here

You’d be amazed how effective taking a pic of someone is at settling what looks like a messy situation.
    I was having a massive arguement with a farmer a few weeks ago about whether a bit of trail that crossed his farm was a footpath or bridlepath.
    I thought it was going to get physical at a number of stages.
    I pulled my camera out, took a pic of him and said that I knew where he lived and could identify him, so he should move on now or call the police.
    The lengthy ugly situation was settled immediately.

tpbiker
    Free Member

downshep…its a car parking space??? That the most stupid arguement I’ve ever heard. And no I wouldn’t have done similar, because as others have pointed out its the act of a selfish prick.

Special_ized_Jamie

What tyres for reserving parking?

matt_outandabout

*reason no. 87 not to go to trail centres more often*

project
    Free Member

Youre lucky there could have been a bollard next to his car,(from a previous thread)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You should have got out and malkied him then parked over his prostrate body.

takisawa2

Why didn’t you just push him out the way with your car ?

It’s easy. I do it all the time on GTA.

Brycey
    Free Member

Good stuff Mattoutandabout.

I was beginning to get seriously concerned this was going to run to page 2 without a “and that’s why I don’t go to trail centres” or similar post. Yossarian was close, but yours was the purer version.

matt_outandabout

*bows*

*hides fact he was at trail centre today….*

BikeTrax Aberfeldy by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Brycey
    Free Member

😀

maccruiskeen

I do it all the time on GTA

Glen Tress Auto?

palookah
    Free Member

It was a direct challenge for you to MTFU; you failed. Your potential parking spot was forfeit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    Wouldn’t have happened on natural trails or in England.

LOL car park arguments are unique to Scotland? Dream on!

Sum
    Free Member

TBH unless it was the last space in the car park I can’t see what OP’s issue is. Was it the last space in the car park?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘I didn't realise you can reserve a car parking space at trail centres nowadays..’ is closed to new replies.