• This topic has 104 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • I didn't realise you can reserve a car parking space at trail centres nowadays..
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Personally I’m disgusted there isn’t a shuttle service.

No carpark uplift?

What are the FC thinking?

ChrisL

Cycling is ‘about’ something subtly different for each and every person, there’s certainly no legislation on what one should and shouldn’t personally find enjoyable.

Very nicely put!

I was at Glentress yesterday too, the car parking was rather busy. Not too busy on the trails though, even though I was mainly riding the red. Did the demo day take up any of the parking spaces by the Peel?

myheadsashed

Maybe you should have slapped him across the face with your gloves and challenged him to a duel.

Quickest to fill each others shoes with wee 😛

You need a company van he’d of moved if I was pulling into the spot…….dents add character 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d have just driven in the space til he moved or I acquired a new bonnet emblem

Kevevs
    Free Member

ride something mountain/forest shaped not predetermined and follow your nose home! nowt wrong with a trail centre though, but if you’re gonna get all uppity about cars and car parking n stuff, it’s defeating the whole point of going out and having fun and freedom on a bike I think.

stufield
    Free Member

Park in pebbles and ride? Do you turn around at the gym if you can’t park next to the door? I can’t stomach parking charges so avoid trail centre car parks anyway.

kayak23

I can’t stomach parking charges so avoid trail centre car parks anyway.

Don’t most parking charges get put back into the sites? I gladly pay for that. So you go to centres that others have built and park off site in some layby for nowt?
    Nice.

hora
    Free Member

Avoid parking charges at trailcentres?

Why? 😕

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that alot at Llandegla. There’s a layby about half a mile up the road from the main entrance. Its always packed. Same thing happens at Afan. Shame really.
    I almost always end up buying something I don’t need from the bike shops.

hora
    Free Member

I despise paying parking charges here in Manchester considering shops/retailers are on their asses and the Council should be attracting as much trade as possible.

Yet trail centres – I believe its way better than the other option.

Imagine theres alot of trail wear due to masses of riders with limited revenue coming in so in the end they have to charge a entrance fee in addition to parking?

You’d still get the **** sneaking in wouldn’t you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

hora –
    Avoid parking charges at trailcentres?

Arguably FC is not empowered to charge for parking in Scotland.

hora
    Free Member

Just ignore them then? I could drive up to Scotland from England, fuel up in England, pack food, camp wild ride for free then drive home without putting a penny into the Scottish economy? 8)

jota180
    Free Member

Just ignore them then?

You’ll be fine, they just leave you a polite note about how the parking charges help the trails if you don’t pay – none of these faux parking penalty tickets or owt

cynic-al
    Free Member

hora…that’s how we treat England 😛

MussEd
    Free Member

stufield – Member
    Park in pebbles and ride? Do you turn around at the gym if you can’t park next to the door? I can’t stomach parking charges so avoid trail centre car parks anyway.

You’ve got to watch those Pebbles on the paintwork though, make a right mess if you try to wheel spin away like Ryan Gosling to look hard…

wrecker
    Free Member

Arguably FC is not empowered to charge for parking in Scotland.

So what? Just because they’re not “empowered” to charge it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t.

I could drive up to Scotland from England, fuel up in England, pack food, camp wild ride for free then drive home without putting a penny into the Scottish economy?

Or just not visit at all?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wrecker-whether you should pay is a separate argument-one that isn’t won by saying so.

hora
    Free Member

hora…that’s how we treat England

We only come to burn/pillage your villages and ravish your women-folk 😀

stufield
    Free Member

Parking fees are a waste of beer and cake money. If FC see fit to remove porta cabins and move towards latte and chibatta set I’d rather have a carrot cake and coffee at the end of a ride than pay £7 for parking (whinlatter & grizedale)
    Besides only go to trail centres perhaps 3 or 4 times a year so no biggy for me, but choosing to park away from the crowds avoids conflict of last space etc…

kayak23

£7 for parking (whinlatter & grizedale)

Now that is pretty extreme… 😡

bigjim

If FC see fit to remove porta cabins and move towards latte and chibatta set

😆 that is quite funny given the amount of voices on here that moaned about the Hub at glentress being old portakabins.

Personally I preferred the Hub, though I guess it wasn’t a permanent solution.

bigjim

Did the demo day take up any of the parking spaces by the Peel?

Yeah the upper bit round the back of the bogs was closed off for the demo area.

I do find it a bit amusing that people will spend thousands on a bike and riding kit, drive hundreds of miles to ride it, on trails that cost tens of thousands to build and maintain, but refuse to pay a few quid to park their car there!

stufield
    Free Member

I like to pay for things that are fun, bikes cakes, beer, travel…. Never got excited over a parking space. I still contribute to trail centres, local economy in lots of ways just can’t see the attraction of needing to park at the very foot of a trail that I have travelled To ride when it’s easier, less likely to involve conflicts or the need of exact change to park a few miles away and cycle to the start of a trail.

gamo
    Free Member

Should just go on a Monday night and be one of only two cars in the carpark!

hora
    Free Member

Im NOT being nasty and I don’t go into semantics but I will pay my way. The carpark is one source of income for the trails. 😛

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘I didn't realise you can reserve a car parking space at trail centres nowadays..’ is closed to new replies.