Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I am really, really, really, really sick of….
  • psychle
    Free Member

The bloody rain! Feels like its rained every single day of Summer here in London, ’tis been like a fookin monsoon at times! 👿

thejesmonddingo

Wish it would in S Yorks,I want to catch some barbel.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No need to water the garden, though!

Oh, and full length mudguards FTW!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a bit annoying but my tomatoes are doing really well.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I thought we’d have a dry summer given that all we had between November and March was wet stuff falling out of the sky.

This summer has been a massive washout and there’s no sign of it abating.

yossarian
    Free Member

Aye it’s been a damp one down here in Kent too. Don’t mind it too much. We’re a little island in a big sea, gotta expect a marine climate really.

highclimber
    Free Member

’tis been like a fookin monsoon at times!

tell that to him ^

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m depressed. 😥

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s the logo thread isn’t it Don?

I know, I now, I feel like that too. TJ is cruel and heartless. 😥

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Not rained much here in Huddersfield the past few months, just the **** days I’ve been off.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have got so fed up with the rain I’ve been doing turbo sessions. What’s going on…it’s July!!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s been ok in West Yorkshire really. However there’s been some quite impressive flash flooding in cumbria.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283804_2070518175541_1622460019_1995818_1761418_n.jpg

Anna-B
    Free Member

Tomatoes how Elfin? Mine need some sun… I need some sun. Back in socks, boots, jeans for work….. thirteen blo*dy degrees today, rose briefly to fifteen at one stage……

I want to be wearing my summer wardrobe and flip flops AND SOON 👿

boxelder

lemonysam – where’s that pic taken? Not too bad in this bit of cumbria.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Near Great Corby, there were a couple of bridges washed out and a few homes damage, nothing too serious but still quite dramatic.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-14182520

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Google image search for “cool hand luke gif” is not totally SFW, even with search set on moderate…At least not here.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nice eggs 😳

DickBarton

Whit? I reckon London has had about 10 days of rain over the last 2 months…each time I talk to any colleagues in the London office (daily) they tell me how sunny it is…almost polar opposite in Scotland where it has been sunny about 10 days over the last 2 months…

Still, it does the plants good!

nedrapier

But it’s like this every year!

Certainly in the South. Decent slices of April and May are really nice, then it goes to shit for a month or two, then it picks up again.

Chill your boots, it’s like a mid-season break! Except it’s like a whole other season.

psychle
    Free Member

Honestly, this is the wettest Summer I can remember in the 6 years I’ve been in the UK, really feels like it’s rained every day of this month…

phiiiiil

It’s been a bit wet the last couple of weeks, but before that it’s hardly rained since last year! Before last week I hadn’t driven to work because of the rain since last November! I keep falling off my bike because Cannock Chase is turning into a sandy desert! Don’t know what you lot are whinging about… 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

What’s going on…it’s July!!

that’s normal for July. Sun = April & September. Everything else is just wet or grey or grey AND wet. Except when it’s really cold as well.

Hohum
    Free Member

psychle – Member
    Honestly, this is the wettest Summer I can remember in the 6 years I’ve been in the UK, really feels like it’s rained every day of this month…

6 years is not enough to fully appreciate the true variability that the UK climate can offer IMO.

You should also count yourself lucky that you do not live north of the border as you would then really appreciate what the word “wet” means (and only if you do not live in the eastern parts of the country apparently) 😆

psychle
    Free Member

Yay, looking out my window here in Islington, London – what a suprise, it’s teeming it down… actual localised flooding on Upper St as the gutters struggle to cope, never seen that before! 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

haha! 😉

there’s a very dark splodge over islington on here:
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem like two minutes since them suvvernaas where telling us about their dusty trails whilst we bemoaned the incessant rain up here in civilisation. 🙄

It only rained lightly for 10 minutes or so during last night’s outing around Cragg & Lee Quarries, Oh, and it’s been dry all day today.
    Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday all forecast to be fine.
    Looks like I might get at least 4 rides in this week 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

Tonight it’ll have to be the retro ninties club kit as it’s rained on our Sunday ride and all three midweek training sessions since meaning I’ve got no kit left, and wet shoes again in a mo.

My shoes and both helmets smell of cats wee.

nicko74

Currently 37C where I am, and allegedly rising to 39 this afternoon. Hooooooot

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I am really, really, really, really sick of….’ is closed to new replies.