Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I am a child
  • eth3er
    Free Member

Just rode past Cheese Bottom Waste water treatment works in Oxspring. I laughed so hard, so loud I had to stop and compose myself.

racefaceec90

😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

Think I’d have behaved exactly the same 😀 perfectly reasonable response!

bloodynora
    Free Member

Little village near Oswestry called Knockin has a sign over the local store proudly saying ‘The Knockin Shop’

🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

I always liked this one…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Touchen-end near Maidenhead always gets me going and Barton-in-the-beans has had me crying on occasion.

😆

Militant_biker

From where I currently live, I can get to Paradise via Intercourse 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to see an Irish girl, to get to her place from the airport, I had to drive past the muff filling station. A friend at work tells me there is also a diving club there.

project
    Free Member

Part of chester by the river is called “Nowhere”,

wheelz
    Free Member

Et voila…

Muff Diving Club

althepal

**** in Orkney made me giggle.
    Mods, feel free to look it up.. It’s real!

althepal

It was ****t in Orkney..
    Hope this doesn’t get modded!
    (not deliberately trying to circumvent the swear filter, that is what it’s called!!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

project – Member
    Part of chester by the river is called “Nowhere”,
    POSTED 13 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

🙂 on one of my cycle routes, makes me smile too. There’s a lovely house there begging for renovation. I’d love to live in the middle of nowhere.

theotherjonv

I drove through Mianus in the US. It’s not that surprising, the main road from NY to Boston goes right through Mianus. Thousands of cars pass through Mianus daily.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Mianus&state=CT

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“Fanny Hands Lane” in Lincolnshire is my personal favourite.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

The road ride from Abergavenny to Monmouth via Usk goes past Bully Hole Bottom.

Then of course we’ve got Waterley Bottom on the south edge of the Cotswolds. The New Inn there does good beer and has been very welcoming to muddy midweek mtb’ers

stavromuller
    Free Member

Riding through Saltaire the other week, I had to laugh out loud when I saw Fanny Street so I am also a child

AdamT

LOL, I live near Touchen end in berks. My kids find Bix Bottom near Henley hilarious, and pesonally I like Velvet bottom near cheddar.

clubber
    Free Member

I snigger everytime I ride through this village or see it on tap…

cheez0
    Free Member

Drove past ‘Clitsome View’ the other day, smirking. 🙂

Cant seem to linky to the streetview of the sign though, but googlemaps is your friend here, people!

v8ninety

I am not one usually to be easily fazed; however I do admit to a mild sense of forboding when asked to respond to a treble nine at an address on a road named ‘Worlds End’….

_tom_
    Free Member

Barton-in-the-beans

😆 this one cracked me up

bellerophon
    Free Member

In san francisco on holiday we took a cable car that went up ‘Nob Hill’ not sure if me or my son (15) laughed the loudest…

althepal

I’ve been up bob hill! A nice wee street… Is it not on one of the buses that hoes there also?

crankinirish
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of good ones near me.

In the town of beaver the offy is called Beaver Liquors

Another wee town to the north called Eaton, the high school baseball team are called the Eaton Beavers.

yunki
    Free Member

Wyre Piddle in Worcestershire is a favourite of mine..

Wyre Piddle Brewery

ben
    Free Member

Riding through Saltaire the other week, I had to laugh out loud when I saw Fanny Street so I am also a child

The neighbouring street is Upper Fanny Street. I kid you not. 🙂

I too like Wyre Piddle, though I think my favourite is Breasty Haw in the lakes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Who doesn’t know where Cocking in Sussex is then..

sobriety
    Free Member

I was looking at a map of the north york moors this weekend and noticed a village called ‘Wetwang’

xcgb
    Free Member

Knob Hill near me

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This place always makes me smile when I drive past:

And I actually stopped the car and turned round for this pic, in Newfoundland:

IMG_6389 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah the Dog Inn, that’s on the way to Yate isn’t it? I had to stop the car due to laughing too much!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mr Nutt, yup, just outside Chipping Sodbury 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

I live just down the road from ‘Lickey End’ which is about 3 miles away from ‘Bell End’. Always used to raise a giggle with people visiting the local hotel i used to work in.

thomthumb
    Free Member

hehehe

EDIT: the Fawcett inn

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I am a child’ is closed to new replies.