Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hydration pack that can hold a full face helmet?
  • gixer-chris
    Free Member

As title really! Are there any decent ones about, but cheap-ish? My mate has a Camelbak but it was £75, ideally looking for something a bit cheaper!

Cheers,

Chris

GaryLake
    Free Member

Dakine Apex is great but getting on for £100. Seems to be the way of these things now…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

dakine Apex but that's about the same price so that's not really much use to you.

Any backpack that has some webbing or external attaching points will do.

Try TKMax. You could buy a cheap rucksack and just buy a bladder seperately. I got a Nike ACG Snowboard back pack out of TK's and I can attach a full facer to it (if i didn't have an apex).

kimbers

dakine nomad will do it

can be got cheapish if you look around

Cougar

Do you want to hold the lid on the pack or in it?

I've got a MountainLife "Walkabout" pack from Mountain Warehouse; it's a budget rucksack but has a pocket and appropriate holes for a bladder. Mine's a 35L pack which cost me £30, but they start at about 12L and go up to 70 or so IIRC (it's a while since I last looked.

I'm sure there are better, but I love mine. It's really comfy, and half the price of the big brands.

Kamikirk
    Free Member

Camelpak havoc says it can in the blurb…

# CamelBak Havoc 100oz. Epic days on the bike deserve our biggest freeride pack. The Havoc is a sturdy, do-it-all pack offering organized and protective storage for your video cam, goggles, and tools, plus 3+ hours of water.Features: Capacity: 100oz / 3L
    # 794 cu.in. / 13L
    # OMEGA HydroTanium Reservoir with Lifetime Warranty
    # Large compression panel holds full-face helmet
    # Independent Suspension and waist harness stabilize load as you move
    # Heavily padded media pocket with weather resistand zipper protects video cameras and MP3 players.
    # Shin & elbow guards can be strapped on the outside of the pack
    # Air Director back panel with Air Mesh Harness enhances ventilation
    # Fleece-lined goggle pocket plus internal tool pocket keep your gear organized and protected

Best price i saw

Northwind

Camelbak Chaos or Mayhem both have great external retention straps, perfect for attaching a full face or pads, and not expensive now. Great packs…

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Camelbak mayhem +1
    It's a mule made out of tougher material but with room for pads and full face to be attached.

rubberneck
    Free Member

took my nice comfy lightweight berghaus mach 7 (£30-ish) to a seemstress and got her to add compression straps i took off an old sleeping bag compression sack,,, cost me £4. the pack already has a helmet 'net' and can hold a full facer if i turn the helmet around,,,,, top of helemt facing my back with the chin guard pointing down.

cheap and does the job although i feel like a bell ringer from notre dame when riding it up hill

5lab

i use a havoc and it's excellent. somewhere online was selling a year old model at half price (camo print) – top marks

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m60b52s232p2681&rs=gb

rickon
    Free Member

Osprey Raptors will hold a helmet on the outside with the Lid-Lock system…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hydration pack that can hold a full face helmet?’ is closed to new replies.