Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC Desire Podcast question
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I wanted to download the 5Live sports endurance special podcast to my HTC Desire but I can’t! I can listen to it there and then but it doesn’t download to a podcast. Mr MC has a HTC Desire S and under the “music” function there is a special “podcast” section where his go. Anyone know if it’s possible to download podcasts to save onto phone and listen to later? Thanks.

MrGreedy

There are lots of podcast apps you can download from the Marketplace. I use Google Listen which does the job fine (bar some minor gripes), I think Podcatcher is highly regarded too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

ok great I shall take a look! Thanks.

mogrim

I use DoggCatcher, it’s not free but only costs a couple of quid – I tried various players before finally paying up for this one.

Don’t use Google Listen, it used to cause my music player to cut out halfway through songs every now and then. (ie I’d be listening to music, not a podcast, and the music would suddenly stop… highly irritating if you’re running at the time and don’t want to stop to play with the controls…)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just tried that Podcatcher one but don’t know what it does with podcast! All I want is that endurance thing from last night! will try google listen otherwise I may well invest … not bought an app yet 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mmm google listen doesn’t want to work! claims I’ve subscribed but says “no new podcasts” argh….darn technology

mogrim

You can probably reset the list, which will set all the ‘casts to “unread” (or “unlistened to”).

MrGreedy

Go to My Subscriptions and open the podcast series, then add the individual episode(s) that you want to your listening queue. If you haven’t already got the episode downloaded, adding it to the queue will force it to do so (as long as you’re on a wifi connection).

Cougar

From memory, I think I use something called Podkicker. Works, whatever it is.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire Podcast question’ is closed to new replies.