Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HR type question re: training certs
  • Futureboy
    Free Member

When we as a company put guys on courses (at our cost), we keep the original and they get a photocopy. If they leave, the company will provide them with the originals (at discretion).

A few of the employees are kicking off, saying that they should hold the original.
    My take is that we should hold the original for auditing purposes. The only reason they want the original is for job hunting.

Is anyone aware of a hard and fast rule on this?

Mucho thanks!

Drac

Can’t you keep a copy for auditing and give them the original? People are allowed to apply for other jobs.

Futureboy
    Free Member

Drac, no-one is trying to prevent people applying for other jobs. They would be given the certs when they leave generally.

I personally don’t think a copy is ideal when audited by clients.regulatory bodies and certification bodies

db

Depends on cert for us. If is is ‘Basic Word’ happy that we just keep a copy. If it is needed to do a job i.e. an industry qualification we would keep the original on file.

Sorry no hard/fast rule

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Where I work I keep all the originals and they just take photo copies to keep in our records.

Drac

I personally don’t think a copy is ideal when audited by clients.regulatory bodies and certification bodies

What DB says if it’s a legal required qualification then keep the original if it’s an additional course then why not have a copy. We get our original and there’s records kept of courses attended by staff.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Must admit I think i’d be pissed off if I only got photo copies.

Drac

Me too especially when applying for jobs, I don’t think it’s ideal given future employers a photocopy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HR type question re: training certs’ is closed to new replies.