• This topic has 59 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • How's business?
  • ton

cos we are dead.
    all the satellite men are suicidal, all the alarm men are hibernating, and now that the government have halved the solar tarriff, the installers are up shyte creek without a paddle.

never mind tho, it’s nearly xmas 🙁

LeeW

Literally booming, struggling to find people with the right skill set.

jp-t853

Beating budgets it is a good year, 2009 was awful, last year was a record this year will be better.

Drac

Very well if anything it’s getting busier but I don’t make extra money for being busier though unless it runs into overtime.

matt_outandabout

We have had our busiest season ever, but not without difficulty. Weekend bookings down, weeks with schools etc we have worked our socks off for some new trade. Lots of other outdoor centres closing, and I think we are picking up some of their trade, plus it is a real survival of the fittest/hardest workers/best value.
    Despite all this, cash is tight due to the huge increases in the food and energy bills.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sancho
    Free Member

A lot busier in November than we were expecting.
    Ton I wish Id known you did alarms we just had a whole new system installed.
    Looking for another one at Adel if you want to give me a call.
    (Ed – Crosstrax)

globalti
    Free Member

Breaking records every month here in export. Really.

trailmonkey

having been laid off twice this year, i’m really happy to report that at my new job, we’re busier than we can cope with.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

NHS – great, the world is full of sick people.
    Just keep falling off those bikes kiddies

jota180
    Free Member

Ton

Do you lot sell the Blade 7000s?
    Probably get one after Christmas

thepurist

Dead and buried – finally shut my business down back in July, still looking for something else.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Booming..

The ( Mobile) industry keeps throwing money at us..

Just taken on 7 new staff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Busy second half of the year. Shit first half. Looking ok for Jan so far but I suspect it’ll be a quiet Spring again. 😐

tonyg2003

Almost tripled turnover this year (in the Times TechTrack 100) – but almost 100% export driven.

prezet
    Free Member

The world of the web has been VERY busy this year…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Good, best year since 2007-08. Although that is more down to a couple of flukey large jobs, had I not been in the right place at the right time it would have been at the other end of scale. Next year could go either way at the moment.

ton

Ton I wish Id known you did alarms we just had a whole new system installed.
    Looking for another one at Adel if you want to give me a call.
    (Ed – Crosstrax)

phoned the adel shop mate……….you were not in…… 😀

iDave
    Free Member

Good but in very selective markets. I supply a service that is more luxury than necessity for 70% of my clients, so I’ve noticed some cutting back on the levels they choose.

zippykona

2009 was our best, snow hit us last year and this year we are a bit down. Christmas is our peak time so we are crossing fingers.

donsimon
    Free Member

2009 was our best, snow hit us last year and this year we are a bit down. Christmas is our peak time so we are crossing fingers.

Are you an elf or the big man himself?

Sancho
    Free Member

ton give me a bell 07834055607

weirdnumber
    Free Member

November has been great, October was absolutely dire but overall a good enough year. Thankfully people can’t stop buying mobile phones, and they can’t stop buying them for their kids either.

mos

We’re in construction, mostly public sector stuff & its bizzer than a biz thing.

flip
    Free Member

Busy busy busy, stuff always grows and needs taming, this mild weather and the good start to the years means ££££££££££££££££

Was lovely outside today 😉

project
    Free Member

Cheaster where i work has had a cull of a lot of banking jobs and local council jobs, theres massive unemployment, shops are closing every day, and its really grim, nobody wants new locks or carpets or even rear gates at the present time to protect their xmas presents.

donsimon
    Free Member

nobody wants new locks

Might I suggest a move into the insurance business?

BenjiM

The cheese industry is doing well for us at the moment.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Might I suggest a move into the insurance business?

been a bad year for natural disasters, the big insurers are in a bad way.

nasher
    Free Member

Im in the cycle industry (holidays) and its gone mental!!!! busiest we have ever been

bigsi
    Free Member

Good 3 months which looks to be carrying in to December, strange for the mortgage industry. 😯

Summer was shite though & still suffering as a result of that. 🙁

Hoping for a good start to next year to kick things along nicely 😉

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

The usual – hectic at the start of the year when people come back all through of optimism, quiet over the tail end of the summer through autumn whilst they are faffing with kids n school holidays, followed by late autumn/pre Christmas PANIC WE HAVE TO GET THIS SITE SORTED YESTERDAY IT JUST CANT WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR….lots on atm.

Being a small company it’s always famine/flood/famine/flood.

miketually
    Free Member

Busier than ever. Best results ever. Working our socks off.

We’re laying off staff and implementing a pay freeze.

Philby

It’s been horrendous since May – I do freelance management consultancy in the charity and public sector areas and its by far the worst period in over 10 years of doing this.

I also do voluntary work for a couple of charities and they are busier than ever providing services, but doing it with less money.

Hope 2012 turns out better.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Steady as She Goes So quite steady 😀

Bunnyhop

Since May it’s been very quiet. However I set up another small business last year and that’s starting to get going and filling in the gaps. http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/

As Matt says

plus it is a real survival of the fittest/hardest workers/best value.

it’s so hard as a one man band to compete against some really big firms who can afford to take losses in certain areas.

I think things will get better when people realise that Cheap stuff from China is no longer inexpensive and start to buy British.
    Customers want top quality stuff for nothing and I’m not willing to work for a wage that comes in under the minimum just because I’m self employed (which is what a lot of small business people are doing).

In my second year of running my own business. Turnover was 180% of what I projected in the first year and in my second year I’m looking like doing 200% of projected turnover. When the government stops building roads that need lighting, then I may struggle.

Tiger6791

I need an alarm fitting.

😀

jam-bo

Booming. Oil and gas related.

In my second year of running my own business. Turnover was 180% of what I projected in the first year and in my second year I’m looking like doing 200% of projected turnover.

Rubbish projections then…

sobriety
    Free Member

Customers want top quality stuff for nothing

This is our problem as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘How's business?’ is closed to new replies.