• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by J0N.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How tight should a full face helmet be?
  • J0N
    Free Member

Just bought myself my first full face. I normally wear my XC (Hex) helmet quite loose on the strap and not to tight on the clasp/ratchet. I've tried a few full face ones in the past and this feels nice but its not too tight. It doesn't move from side to side but does roll back a forward quite a bit. I measured my head (58cm) and bought the 56-58 size.
    Should my head feel VERY cosy/crushing my cheeks tight in the helmet or am I overly concerned?

jedi

should push cheeks in a bit

jimjimthehumanbin2
    Free Member

does your helmet come with extra pads so you can add some to the front. everyones head is different. mine's is a fat head so i usually have to add padding to the front lobe area.

you do need it quite snug. shouldn't rock back and forth so much.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do the strap up . tip your head forward and try to pull the helmet off from the back by rolling it forward? If you can pull it off its far too big, if the front of the helmet hits your nose then its too big. Try the same backwards. If it digs into he back of your neck its too big.

Without the strap done up if you shake your head it should not move on your head more than a tiny amount and as jedi says it should squeeze your cheeks a bit

Try the same with your Xc helmet as well – sounds to me like you wear that far too loose – like most MTBers I should add.

Fir is all with helmets – one that is too loose is virtually useless and could be activly harmful

IMO / IME most mtbers wear their helmets far to loose.

I challenge you all to try the pulling the helmet of forwards – most will fail that.

grantway
    Free Member

Hold the mouth part and move left and right
    if it moves then to big.
    To tight will be a struggle to put it on
    or clamping feeling around the cheek bones

A snug fit is what you are looking for.

J0N
    Free Member

Tried all TJ's suggestions. Cant pull it off the front even with the strap undone. I would say its a good comfortable fit.
    Thanks for the prompt replies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How tight should a full face helmet be?’ is closed to new replies.