Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How sore are your legs?
  • iDave
    Free Member

This morning I did my first ever half marathon, the Ironbridge one, which included a nasty hill. Then rode 38 miles home at a decent lick. Legs are somewhat tender.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yup, plenty of leg pain here too 🙁

MSP

Very sore.

Crashed the mountain bike last week and bashed my knee up, then this morning carrying some stuff up from the cellar, tripped up and bashed my knee again, right in the centre of the bruise from last week, it now looks like I have an ostrich egg growing from my knee.

warton
    Free Member

my legs are always sore…

mboy
    Free Member

Spent the best part of 3 hours today trying to keep up with a national XC champion…

They’ve felt better!

anagallis_arvensis

My left leg is very sore following hip surgery but the tramadol codeine double wammy is going well.

gee
    Free Member

Biggest ever riding week… 25hrs… Feeling very sore and tired now. REST time….

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just done a 40+ mile ride with some 4’000+ft of ascent – my legs are fine but my ‘arris feels like i’ve come 2nd in an arse-kicking-with-clogs contest!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Did 80k on the bike and 7k run earlier in the week, and just did a PB 45:00 10k race this morning.

So yup, nice sore legs here too.

Swim club at 8:30 – 10:00 tonight 🙂

Sounds like you had a tough day iDave, nice one? Dare I ask your HM time? My best so far (out of only 2) is 1:49:34.

_tom_
    Free Member

Quite sore and Im not sure why. Last weekend i had an awesome fast road ride after a week on the mtb round Wales, somehow my legs felt really fresh that day. Had a fairly easy week in comparison but today my legs felt sore and sluggish for the whole ride :\

plop_pants
    Free Member

After 160 miles in Belgium on Saturday (Flanders) and a rapid 70 today on the club chain gang I’m stuffed!

BoardinBob

Were sore but i spent an agonising half hour rolling them earlier and theyre much better

Northwind

Mine aren’t sore, just made of jelly. Yesterday’s ride went bigger than planned, today’s went slower than planned.

Garry_Lager

Pretty toasted. Rode out to Castleton from Manchester on the trails – lovely ride with the weather. Had a just-one-more pint situation which meant missing the train back from Hope. Sporadic service, so I ended up riding over to Whaley Bridge to get the next one. Climb out of Castleton with two pints sloshing inside me was misery, layed on the grass verge at the top like an invalid.

iDave
    Free Member

1:41 HM, disappointed with it, but it’s in the middle of a hard training block. Yet to learn run pacing.

About to do a bit of foam rolling.

trailmonkey

very, thigh tear at 5 a side two weeks ago.

probably need to let harry know i won’t be fit for the euros.

DezB
    Free Member

They’re ok today, but I’ve got first 5-a-side (actually, 4-a-side) game in 3 weeks at lunchtime. Tomorrow they are going to be agony.

hugor
    Free Member

Struggling with recovery at the moment as this fine weather has me riding too much.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Sore but not as bad as yesterday. Mine hurt to touch yesterday after 2 days of hard training. I actually could have cried on the last climb of the day yesterday as my legs were so shot from riding in the big ring all the way, and being dragged along the flats at 40-50kph. Compression tights and choc milk helped.

staralfur
    Free Member

No pain, just finished a full week off from training of any kind and I didn’t half need a proper recovery period. Now moving away from Crossfit training for the next 8 weeks or so to go into a strength training phase.

tops5
    Free Member

My legs are killing me as a result of spending the weekend floor tiling 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

Absolute jelly today 🙂

Curved Ridge on Saturday, got absolutely smashed in the Clachaig on Saturday night, woke up with a raging hangover on Sunday morning and then went up The Ben via the CMD arete in pretty quick time. Almost chucked up on the final push to the summit. Then went for a bit of a muck about in the Ice Factor on the way home.

Apparently, “I’m hungover” is not a statement which excuses you from participation in mountain sports. 🙂

matt_bl
    Free Member

Sore today, but they seemingly have that in common with every other muscle I own.

I have had a high temperature and all over muscle aching since 1200 yesterday. No other symptoms and don’t really feel that bad, bizarre!

iDave, I dream of a 1:41 HM 😀

Matt

anonymouse
    Free Member

Surprisingly, given that yesterday was the last long run before marathon taper, mine are fine today. My smugness rating is high though.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Sore, after riding the whole Dalby red route yesterday plus black north shore trail. Hamstrings and quads mainly.

Only my second ride this year though so I did feel quite proud of myself just for getting round it, and staying in middle ring, no going down to granny!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How sore are your legs?’ is closed to new replies.