Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • How many picked onions in a chip shop jar?
  • BigJohn

There are no pickled onions in a chip shop jar.

But there are quite a few shallots.

Oops, sorry just seen the thread title – it says picked. Still none then, you don’t pick onions – you dig them up.

Cougar

Peter Piper to the forum!

KT1973
    Free Member

One drunken night I bought the entire jar of pickled eggs from the chippy and brought them to the boozer because my mate had boasted he could ‘cool hand luke’ them.
    In the end he ate 14. We shared a flat at the time and he was on the bog most of the next day. I think I had to pee in the garden. Not nice

armchairbiker

I’m clearly bored. But from another pickled onion supplier for a bulk order:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are leading exporter engaged in Dehydrated, Vinegar & Fresh White/Red/Yellow Onion & Garlic since 2003. We are basically farmer and come in this business so we know how the best raw products can be produced & growled. Here we have our own farm and we grow our raw materials in our own inspection. We can also control pesticide in raw products by our inspection. So ultimately our final products will get its best quality. We have a very modern packing plant where these products are packed under perfectly hygienically conditions. Stringent quality control standards are maintained by well qualified and experienced staff. For that we have got our D & B DUNS No: 650-266-443. And also we are Trust Pass member of Alibaba.com.
    Our products have got wide acceptability in many Europeans, South & North American, African, Gulf, Middle East and Asian countries. They match the international quality standards. We are always committed to value addition to our products and enhanced customers satisfaction.
    We believe in building long lasting relations. Therefore, we value your inquiry a lot. We further understand that your company is also engaged in the trade of above goods. We are confident that our prices being most competitive will match to your expectations. We are interested to do a large volume of business with your reputed company for a long time
    A price-list will also follow upon hearing your specific requirement, quantity, port of destination, Payment terms, CFR or CIF terms etc.
    We ensure that if you work with us one time it will be life time business relationship. As quality keeps the relation smooth and powerful, we believe in quality standard and timely commitment.
    A line of your reply will be highly appreciated.
    We feel quite happy when we will receive your e-mail looking for your cooperation in making seriously business.
    We look forward to hearing from you soon and processing your first order.
    Thanking you in anticipation.
    Yours truly,
    Deepak Bhoot (B.E. Chemical)

Link to prove I didn’t make this up

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Peter Piper to the forum!

blady good . . . hic!

Cougar

armchair > that’s brilliant. I want some growled onions.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve just been to the chippy.

Average 56, that’s a pretty good ROI, think I’ll put some money into the pickles Market.

wallop

Are you all stoned?

maccruiskeen

Have you drugged our onions?

armchairbiker

Gary – how did you get an average number? Did your chippy have a statistically relevant number of pickled onion jars to represent the total market?

Remember this is important stuff so accuracy is highly relevent

Cougar

Don’t argue with a man who knows his onions.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d say it was a rough guesstimate at best. It’s got me thinking though, I wonder how many chips are in a bag.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Five pounds twenty five for a jar of pickled onions? How big is the jar?

avdave2

Five pounds twenty five for a jar of pickled onions? How big is the jar?

big enough to fit an unknown quantity of pickled onions of course – stupid bloody question!

I wonder how many chips are in a bag.

Well it’s x where x = the number of pickled onions in an average jar x the chip shop constant.

maccruiskeen

Once upon a time anything that grew from a bulb- crocuses, daffodils, garlic, onions- The bulbs were all called onions. So someone who ‘knows there onions’ is someone who knows what plant will grow just by looking at the bulb.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘How many picked onions in a chip shop jar?’ is closed to new replies.