Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • How many ex-pats do we have on here?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

and where are you?…

I’m in India – Bengaluru

geoffj

You taken the family out there 😯

Zedsdead
    Free Member

No. The nature of the job allows me to get home quite a bit. They wouldn’t want to move here anyway. I love it here but I wouldn’t move lock stock and barrel….

donsimon
    Free Member

Hola! Spain.

¡Olé!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

morzine, france (not as a seasonaire, i hasten to add!)

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve been living in Leipzig, Germany for the past ten years. 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Me!

My name used to be Patrick, but I changed it by Deed Poll.

😀

It’s nippy out actually; the warm fluffy one over there, thanks.

rOcKeTdOg

NW Alps here since (at various times) 1969

ocrider

Another frog here, Languedoc-Roussillon since 2000, Savoie beforehand.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Spain rules!

TheFlyingOx

I moved to Scotland 6 years ago. It was tough at first, what with the almost impenetrable language and frankly inedible local cuisine, but I find I am warming to the place and its peoples.

cranberry
    Free Member

Daaaaaaag!

From a Yorkshireman in Holland.

handyman
    Free Member

Nj USA past 2 years and probaly for a few more

deserter
    Free Member

Calgary Alberta

can’t see us coming ‘home’

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Western Australia for almost two years, no rush to return either….

nicko74

Toronto here, arrived in August, no plans to return any time soon…

nowthen
    Free Member

Panama City, Panama…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The Flying Ox
    I moved to Scotland 6 years ago. It was tough at first, what with the almost impenetrable language and frankly inedible local cuisine, but I find I am warming to the place and its peoples.

I’m in the same boat as Ox, came to visit Haggisworld 15 years ago and havent left yet. I practice my accent every day though – just to keep in touch with home.

dxb
    Free Member

Melbourne, Australia
    Arrived 3 months ago, bikes have have finally arrived in the shipping container last week. Will see how the next few years go.

ex-pat
    Free Member

+1 Australia.
    But not riding anything like Ishouldbeworking’s – can understand why though, I discovered the myth that is quicksand at the weekend.

Sunshine Coast (ha, I want my money back for calling it that) for me.

Won’t return even in a pine box…

Local:

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

enjoy living out here in Boulder, Colorado.

Its rather snowy at the moment, but looking forward to this when summer rolls around:

Again, no plans to move back home any time soon

user-removed
    Free Member

A Scotsman in exile here in Englandshire – and I’ve no excuse for being awake at this time of night / day. Considering (seriously) a relocation to NZ right now. The wife has lots of friends out there and I like the pretty scenery 🙂

xc4pot
    Free Member

living in Whistler, Cananda for the past 5 years

best ski and bike terrain in the world

smogmonster

Ishouldbeworking – whats the riding like in WA? Im moving over to Perth area later this year, just waiting for visas to arrive, any good local mtb websites or clubs? Where are the best spots for riding please?

paulpalf
    Free Member

I’m in Vancouver, BC. Been here since ’03 and no intentions of going back. Will probably move somewhere else in Canada in a couple of years though as the cost of houses in Vancouver is ridiculous, and I don’t want to live in a 700 sq ft flat for ever!
    Today I rode my shiny new bike in the sun up some great singletrack within the city limits (well, Burnaby, a suburb), with views of the snow-covered mountains. Might ski after work tomorrow. Tough life.

Paul

can-uk
    Free Member

Am Canadian.. lived in the UK for 12 years. Now living in the middle east.

Am planning to return home to Canada (either Vancouver, Toronto or Halifax) in the next few years.. can’t see myself returning to the UK even though i am very fond of it and consider it home..quality of life is not great.. which is a shame.

rkk01
    Free Member

can’t see myself returning to the UK even though i am very fond of it and consider it home..quality of life is not great.. which is a shame.

Interesting…. care to expand??

This seems to be a constant conversation amongst many of the natives (especially at the moment). Always though that there was an element of the moaning British mentality about it, so a slightly different perspective is interesting

krag
    Free Member

I’m in New Zealand, been here since December and no plans to rush back either!

Quite a way from home though:

Squidlord
    Free Member

Been living in the Czech Republic for about 15 years, and have no plans to return to UK. The language is a nightmare though.

jeffc

Currently escaping the tax system and Scottish Weather in East Malaysia (Borneo). 3.5 years so far and due to be here another 3. No plans to return.

Marge
    Free Member

Been in Belgium (Flanders to be more precise) since 2004.

It’s wonderful to be in a place where cycling is so popular.

Language still throws up the odd dialect based issue now & then but that’s just funny now.

tootallpaul

Not really an ex-pat so to speak, but currently living and working in Awassa, Southern Ethiopia.

I’m a VSO volunteer.

And I’m looking forward to coming home. It’s not an easy place to live…

:o)

Paul

molgrips
    Free Member

Germany currently.

Not enjoying it a lot though…

ben
    Free Member

Day 1 of expat life for me – landed in Singapore this morning! 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

A pseudo frog with a passport to prove it.

Ein Anhänger von Roter Stern der seit 10 Jahre in leipzig wohnt. Bist du auch ein bischen Punk? Schön wenn es so wäre.

Brainflex

Lancashire to Whakatane NZ. Bloody good move in my opinion.

shiny
    Free Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Been here four years and cannot see myself ever going back to the UK except to see friends and ride my bike there.

Came here with the wife, and 2 kids, just had a third.

Work hard but quality of life is much better, riding in the jungle and 35-40 degrees is just different but still fantastic. Travel ops are superb so far been to Vietnam, Thailand, Burma, Singapore, Cambodia, Australia, Bali and this year am going to NZ skiing, Borneo, Laos, maybe Sri Lanka and probably the Phillippines.

Occassionally miss things and friends – but real friends come over!

Cheers
    Shiny

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve been living in Denmark for the last 6 years and we are in the process of buying a new house and the kids are starting school so we are here for a good while yet.
    Some good things and some bad.

mogrim

Spain, nearish to Don Simon. Despite that, no hurry to move back to the UK 😀

twohats
    Free Member

Gothenburg, Sweden for the last 6 years. Have a young family so tied here for the time being.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘How many ex-pats do we have on here?’ is closed to new replies.