Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How low can some people stoop…………………
  • bruneep
    stumpy01

'apparently' stealing. No two ways about it…..they nicked it.

To them though, it's just a way of getting some money – it's not a 'British Legion Poppy Collection Tin' – just a tin with some money in.

Hope they get done.

GrahamS

'apparently' stealing. No two ways about it…..they nicked it.

Well yeah, but they can't really say "definitely stealing" due to that whole "presumption of innocence" thing and all that pesky human rights "innocent until proven guilty" rubbish.

🙄

CountZero

Get mediaeval on their asses. Removing a hand for a first offence sounds like a good deterrent to me.

Filthy
    Free Member

How low can some people stoop?

I heard that a dwarf got pick pocketed once!

fisha
    Free Member

they'll be ID'ed eventually … CCTV that good inside is also normally outside pointing at the cars and hopefully would be good enough to get the reg of the car ( or even partial reg + make/model is enough to start narrowing things down very quickly )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At the Cenotaph today, an anti-war protestor was arrested for spitting an an 80-something year old WWII veteran.

Words fail me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

At the Cenotaph today, an anti-war protestor….

There was an anti-war protest at the Cenotaph today ? Who organised that then ? …… I've never heard of anti-war protests at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday before 😕

I have to say it comes as a bit of a surprise to me – I've always seen Remembrance Sunday as a sombre reminder of the horrors of war 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I agree, Ernie, that is what Remembrance Sunday should be about. It is what it is about for any right minded individual. It isn't a celebration of war, it isn't about the political reasons behind a war, it's about "a sombre reminders of the horrors of war".

From what I have heard so far, it certainly wasn't an organised protest from any anti-war organisations. From previous experience, however, there have been a tiny number of extreme loonies on the anti-war side of things who have chosen to use Remembrance Sunday for this cause. They do not represent the overwhelming majority of people who are in the anti-war movement. .

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It isn't a celebration of war, it isn't about the political reasons behind a war…

Absolutely. And as far as anyone wanting to protest is concerned, I would have thought that they should be arrested for public order reasons – never mind whether or not someone was spat at. There's a time and a place to protest – but I wouldn't have thought that the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday was the place and the time. Very sad indeed 😐

tails
    Free Member

that's very good CCTV I have a feeling they are going to be on the end of some rough justice. CFH that is disgusting, very sad indeed, I attended last year mainly as I wanted to attend for the last of great war people, I'll never forget just how quiet thousands of people can be.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How low can some people stoop…………………’ is closed to new replies.