Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How long does a Merlin wheel build take?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone had one built by them? really good price on what i want just wondering how long anyone had waited for a build from them?

Oggles
    Free Member

As with most places it depends how busy they are. They have a reputation for good wheels so will get a lot of orders! A week would probably be a normal build time from experience. There’s a guide on their website.

GJP
    Free Member

Only used them once but mine were built to the timescales they give on their website 5-8 days. I think mine were about a week.

Well worth it in my opinion – only had a few pairs of handbuilt wheels and these were the best built of the lot of them – even compared with some top end wheel builders.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Have bought 2
    One just under and one just over a week

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Always worth e-mailing them to ask if they have anything built up. A mate wanted a bog standard Mavic 717 rims on XT hubs build. When he rang to ask how long for the build they told him they had some Mavic 317 rims on Hope XC hubs already built which he could have straight away. He took them and he has been happy with them for the last 18 months.

ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

They took a week, but I did ask for delivery on a specific day which they met fine, so possibly less time for normal delivery

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Mine took a week, but the build quality was fantastic. They’ve stayed true for a couple of years now.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Had about three or four builds done by them. All around the timescale given, think the longest I had to wait was 10days, but its worth it.

robbo1234biking

I think mine took just over a week. Wish I hadn’t sold them on now as well!

Mosey-did you get my message about the shifter?

retro83
    Free Member

A week or so, but wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Just in case you’re thinking about it (or looked) Chain Reaction did my custom in two days this week. It’s only due to the ineptitude of Parcel force that it isn’t on my bike today

madoldlad
    Free Member

Great wheels, mine took 6 working days…can’t grumble at that. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How long does a Merlin wheel build take?’ is closed to new replies.