Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • How do I explain this to my mates?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

First of all I’m going to admit it, I have turned into an Apple fan 😳

Now I have in the past vehemently argued to anyone that would listened that Apple were for fan boiys with no imagination, I cussed my brother when he got his first Iphone, I have taken the piss out of my mates when they dared suggested that they were thinking of getting one etc etc.

But here’s how it started, I wanted a toy, so I bought an Ipad, it is great if you look past the obvious lack of flash & the fact it isn’t about to replace your super powerful laptop. Then I bought Apple TV, its not mind blowing, but a solid bit of (limited) kit for the money.

These purchases have been ok as I don’t exactly shout out to the world that I own them, but here’s the problem, I lost my HTC so I need a new phone & an Iphone makes perfect sense to me. I still have the same reservations about the lack of replaceable/swapable battery & the same goes for the limited memory, but I still want one.

I kind of think it’s like wanting a Porsche 911, no it is not the most exciting car in the world, but if you want a great car that does the job for sensible money then there really is nothing to beat it, well that’s what I’m telling myself anyway, but I know I’m going to get ridiculed beyond belief for owning one…

Let the piss taking commence…

TheBrick
    Free Member

more of an orange man myself.

TheBrick
    Free Member

The only thing about apple is they have had their endianness round the wrong way. Which will cast dispersions on all your children and children’s children.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have lots of Apple Kit. If it was the Porsche 911 of the techie gadgety world, I’d chuck it all in the bin 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Just admit you like deviant liaisons with car exhausts – it is more acceptable.

Edukator
    Free Member

A collection of iWotsits and aspires to a 911. Do you pull your frilly nylon panties right up tight?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Is that the best you lot can do? that’s not real abuse you know, wait and see what my mate will say!

Sent from my iPad 😉

Cougar

How do you know when someone has an Apple product?

They tell you.

psling
    Free Member

I’m just impressed that you’ve actually got any mates.

Now, what was the question…?

😉

posted from my iPhone 6

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Dont buy an iphone 4, iphone 5 is imminent.

_tom_
    Free Member

It always surprises me when someone is entertained by the iPad for longer than 5 minutes. I do not get it at all, when the novelty wears off it’s just an awkward and limited device. imo.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

So you took the pi$$ out of everyone for ages about apple products. You then wanted a new toy so got an iPad.
    mmmm logical step there.

He’ll be getting a BMW soon…

Babyjack
    Free Member

onlyheretocausetrouble = OP’s neighbour 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

To be fair though you can do this with an iphone

GrahamS

I like that _tom_ 😀

onlyheretocausetrouble = OP’s neighbour

Is it me or did anyone else read his forum name as “only hetero to cause trouble” 😕

peterfile
    Free Member

jail break your Apple TV and install XBMC (easy to do). it will basically turn it into a VERY useful media centre.

iDave
    Free Member

why would your mates give a shit what phone you have?
    *puzzled*

trail_rat
    Free Member

dunno but there is a certain robustness about apple products i find … id hope so for 600 quid.

i have the iphone 4 – its a year old and still looks like brand new- it knocks the spots off the mrs 3g – which is several years old and shows little signs of aging other than it being a little slow but still quicker than a brand new nokia :D.

sometimes i wish id bought the ipad at times but then remember how much i just use my phone to kill time – i wouldnt usually carry my
    ipad when im getting trains or buses etc the solution would be to aquire an ipad at some point 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez and my threads get the “me me me” tags FFS 🙄

tonyd

Porsche 911, sensible money, all in the same sentence. You clearly have too much money, no wonder you’ve got lots of Apple kit.

Sent from my 5 year old MacBook Pro.

16stonepig
    Free Member

C**t

barbus
    Free Member

Comparing a Porsche 911 with a phone.

One is an Engineering masterpiece way ahead of its time. Refined over years into something that can be used every day yet gets it done without undue fuss or drama. It can take you another dimension and back yet still works day in day out.

The other?

Well…

Its just a car.

cynic-al
    Free Member

HEH 😀

CountZero

It always surprises me when someone is entertained by the iPad for longer than 5 minutes. I do not get it at all, when the novelty wears off it’s just an awkward and limited device. imo.

Limited? Really? Only limited by the imagination of those using it. I would suggest that you have limited imagination. David Hockney does paintings on his, hospitals and medical centres in America are adopting them for staff doing rounds, airlines are issuing them to pilots to replace all their charts, blind people are using them because of the quality of the voice control…
    There are continually new ways of using them being found. A collegue at work is using his when recording music, for another use.
    As far memory and battery are concerned, 32Gb is pretty respectable, and any non-essential stuff can be easily downloaded or copied onto an SD card using a card reader or via wifi, which is what I do, and there are loads of back-up batteries available, Amazon do one for around £25. Personally, I hate the thought of buying a phone with limited capacity, and having to rely on stupid piddly little SD Micro cards that are easily lost for carrying stuff like maps, books, music and photos.

tails
    Free Member

lol! Don’t worry after a couple of years on apple you’ll just use it as a computer like any PC, justb the form is nicer!!

R.lepecha

Traitor.

I think you should place all your apples on a brick and hit them with a hammer.

This should give you a nice mushy mess that you wont want to play with.

Captain Picard had an iPad in the 90s. Do keep up 2fat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqHoGKQXLI

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

onlyheretocausetrouble – Member
    Captain Picard had an iPad in the 90s. Do keep up 2fat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqHoGKQXLI

Hi mate :wave:

MrSmith
    Free Member

the haters are just as bad as the fans.
    it’s just a computer/phone/tablet not the second coming.

CountZero

the haters are just as bad as the fans.
    it’s just a computer/phone/tablet not the second coming.

+1
    the second coming is when Apple make a totally waterproof iPhone. Walking on water will no longer be an issue.
    Oh, love _tom_’s whale text, that really made me snigger.

IPHONE USERS. To time the perfect soft boiled egg, watch your battery meter change from all green to red. via @TwopTwips

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘How do I explain this to my mates?’ is closed to new replies.