Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • How did you propose?
  • callous
    Free Member

Before I proposed, I was living in Luxembourg for a year while my better half lived in Hastings, we saw each other every month to 6 weeks. Living apart was a pain but it did give me a lot of time to consider what I wanted and if I was going to be good enough to be ‘husband’ material.
    The actual proposal was surrounded by rucksacks and clothes, on both knees, in the flat, as I packed for a surfing weekend with the boys.
    I think she was more shocked at the proposal than my newly dyed (red) hair and a pierced nipple – Luxembourg can get boring.
    We have been married 10 years this year and have a brilliant, energetic, havoc wreaking little boy.
    It was the best thing I have ever done.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thailand – Koh Samui.
    Last 3 days of our holiday. I asked the resort staff where the trusted shops were.
    We went into town one night, slowly steered her to the shop I was looking for, suggested we look at rings, perhaps even ‘try a few on’… the one she really liked was a perfect fit. Cue ‘On on knee, middle of the shop….’ proposal. Followed by a few beers in a bar, complete with bottle of local fizz bought for us by a group of young travellers who overheard our ‘wow, just got engaged’ type banter – twas a really lovely gesture.

Spent the next 2 days in bed 🙂 – well, I did – D+V to the extent they almost stopped me flying home… 🙁
    There was no point the future MrsMM just sitting in the teak hut with me so she went off on the planned trips diving etc – i watched national Geographic Chanel and kept the loo roll in the fridge…..

Oh and just in case anyone was wondering – i did not buy a wife and ring on the same trip!
    Diamond ring from Thailand, MrsMM from Sale, Manchester, England 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Excellent, Managed to get you wife in a Sale! My was cheap too, but clearly last season’s

sobriety
    Free Member

Oh and just in case anyone was wondering – i did not buy a wife and ring on the same trip!

There’s one problem with mail order brides, the return postage is phenomenal.

VanHalen

watching the morning begin whilst drinking rum and redbull out of kiddies buckets in the rain on a beach on ko phiphi.

didnt plan it. the conversation just kinda went that way. i think. it was a long night and the rum was working…

xiphon
    Free Member

I had the ring in my pocket all during practise and the race runs at Moelfre, in Oct ’09.

Proposed at the top of a Welsh hill (I was born in Cardiff, so seemed appropriate) in full riding body armour.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tossed a box with ring in it accompanied by the words ‘eeyar then’, I don’t go in for any of the romantic bollox. Plus I’d already been with her 9 years so it wasn’t like it was that big a deal.

It took place in the bedroom, not that it makes any difference.

thejesmonddingo

On one knee in church one Sunday morning.
    Ian
    Well it was the Church Inn at Llanishen.

clunker

Outside our first house at the strike of midnight New Years Eve 1999, whole of the place lit up with fireworks for the millennium.

Three Children later 8)

All the best.

Matt

MoreCashThanDash

We were planning a dream holiday to Canada and the US, and I was planning on doing the whole cheesey down on one knee thing at the top of the Empire State building.

Then there was an argument about marriage and weddings, and I told her that if she just organised the damn thing I’d turn up. Suddenly the “dream holiday” was being referred to as “the honeymoon”…..

9 years and 2 kids later, I still haven’t actually proposed, still not sure how or why she has an engagement ring alongside the wedding ring ……

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Nikki Beach Nightclub South Beach Miami

steelfan
    Free Member

About a 2 months ago on a lovely walk in the Peak District just as you walk back down into Dovedale. I got down on one knee and nearly fell over the edge!

backhander
    Free Member

On a beach in tofino, bc. Right on the pacific rim.
    We’d spent the day sea kayaking and eating the freshest seafood I’ve ever tasted.
    I hadn’t planned to do it there but it seemed perfect and it was early on in the holiday so I had a very happy gf, even when I went off riding!

toppers3933
    Free Member

mrs t had just got back from a holiday in canada. she’d been in the house about 10 mins and we were stood in the kitchen.
    me: ‘shall we get married then?’
    mrs t: ‘yeah go on then’

we’d been together 3 weeks and 4 days. she’d been in canada for three weeks of that. i moved into her house while she was away. 9 months to the day of us getting together, we were married. got the date of he wedding engraved into the rings. she thought romantic gesture, i thought convenient way to remember wedding anniversary.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    My plan had been for us to go for a walk up bidean nam bian in the snow on new years day and me to propose at the top.

What happened was that we were in the pub watching Liverpool V Southampton on the 28th of December and at half time, my mate goes to the toilet and the now wife says to me “I think we should get married” to which I responded “OK then”. Mate came back from the toilet and I asked if he wanted to be my best man. Nine weeks later we were married.

seriously that fukking made me laugh!! lol

Hadge
    Free Member

I left a trail of notes in our house and she followed them upstairs to our bedroom where I was waiting – dressed! – and then gave her the last note asking her. She even cried so it must have struck a chord somewhere lol.

downshep

My girlfriend was staying the weekend with my brother’s wife in Plymouth. I was supposed to be staying home in Glasgow to watch the Kelloggs criterion round George Square. Instead, I drove from Glasgow to Plymouth and hid out at a friend’s house. Said friend is a Royal Navy instructor who teaches Royal Marines boat handling skills using rigid raider assault craft.

Girls’ beach picnic ensues the following day on the Cornwall side of the River Tamar. All participants except my better half know what’s coming. ‘Borrowed’ rigid raider thunders across the Tamar carrying a somewhat nervous young man wearing a black Gieves and Hawkes dinner suit, dickie bow, patent shoes and carrying a red rose and box of Milk Tray. Bloody beach was quite rocky, forcing the boat to stop short. I had to jump baw deep into the river and wade ashore, red rose betwixt teeth, chocs under arm, before running up the beach to do the deed.

She nearly fainted but said yes.

I’m not normally romantic.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I was with Mrs Stratobiker 12 years before we got married. Didn’t want to rush into it.at

Anyways, she used to wash my CX bikes when I was racing CX. So, one particularly cold wet day as I took my bike I asked her if she would marry me. Had to wait a whole lap for the answer!!!!

We got married 2005. She’s bloody great she is!!!!

😀

theotherjonv

On a December day in Edinburgh. I’d hidden a small bottle of fizz in the rucksack and carried it around all day seeing all the main sites, with the intention of walking up to Arthur’s seat near dusk to get a view down over the city and pop the question there. But when the time came, despite my protestations that it’s not as far as it looks, she told me to (and I paraphrase here) ‘F-off, I’m f-in’ knackered and my feet are f-in’ killing me’

So instead we get engaged in bed the next morning in a Travelodge in Leith, with warm champagne in plastic tooth mugs.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I got up early one morning and made, well for me anyway, a nice posh breakfast – croissants, fruit, flowers, all that crap, and the ring of course. Woke her up and asked her, to which she replied ‘yes’, followed immediately by ‘Did you wash those strawberries?’.
    Also, in retrospect, I think it would have been a little more dignified if I had got dressed first.

NZCol

Top of Mt Kau Kau. Midway through the proposal a cow licked my head. An omen perhaps ?

MoreCashThanDash

I love reading threads like this now I’ve actually met one or two of you, even it was just in passing while buying your old bikes……

monkey_boy
    Free Member

pissed on a pier in torqauy

satsoma
    Free Member

Soma_Rich proposed to me at Handfast Point on top of Old Harry Rocks in Dorset, with a ring he had designed himself. We get married next August 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

Was told I was getting married and made sure I turned up.

(Still am 11 years later though)

samuri
    Free Member

“AARRRRGGGHHH!!! OK OK! Will you marry me? Just let go of that!!”

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘How did you propose?’ is closed to new replies.