• This topic has 236 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 237 total)
  • Hopkins sacked from LBC
  • keithr
    Free Member

For those who oppose Katie Hopkins you seem to enjoy reading her views so much so you understand everything about her…

Nope – but just like any other kind of turd, occasionally (like now) she floats up into everyone’s view whether we like it or not…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Though you need to remember that there may a difference between “in your opinion” and “in the opinion of twelve impartial observers forming a jury

..what about the opinion of the people who pay her wages who think that her continued employment represents a threat to their income because of the opinions of LBC’s target market?

keithr
    Free Member

Right wing tv and radio stations in the states are struggling as advertisers are targeted and pull revenue out of them.

Not sure if I’m supposed to feel bad about that.

But I surely don’t…

kilo

Always good to have the support of your colleagues;
    “After Hopkins made the comments, another LBC presenter, James O’Brien, described on air the “shame” he felt about sharing a platform with her.
    He called Hopkins “a monstrous self-publicist” who “employs the most vile of thoughts and language in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and get noticed”.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

there is probably a random Katie Hopkins opinion generator somewhere on the web these days.

or this?

ninfan
    Free Member

..what about the opinion of the people who pay her wages who think that her continued employment represents a threat to their income because of the opinions of LBC’s target market?

Do you think that other companies should be able to fire people on that basis, or do you think that without being able to demonstrate wrongdoing it would be called unfair dismissal?

chewkw
    Free Member

keithr – Member

For those who oppose Katie Hopkins you seem to enjoy reading her views so much so you understand everything about her…

Nope – but just like any other kind of turd, occasionally (like now) she floats up into everyone’s view whether we like it or not… [/quote]

How? I mean how do you cross path if you are not actively searching for her?

You don’t read the newspaper they publish or listen to their news channel so how do know her that well and how they get to be in your news?

Even if she is in your news it is not that often unless your news channel lacks materials so have to use Katie Hopkins to general attention?

Really … it does not make sense …

😯

chakaping
    Free Member

She’s most-likely freelancing for LBC.

I’m a freelance and if I were to advocate genocide on social media I wouldn’t be surprised to see my work dry up a bit.

P-Jay
    Free Member

For me the worst thing about Hopkins and the rest of the “I’m only saying what others think and are too afraid to say” right wing windbags is that, I don’t believe they’re offering their real opinion. It’s an act.

They’re making money or gaining power by doing what they’re doing and they don’t care how it effects the way Britain thinks.

The bulk of the media hide behind ‘freedom of the press’ like if we force them to print facts and not fiction we’re only a step away from state funded propaganda on every news stand and every screen.

When I come to power, I’m going to purge fleet street, purge the shit out of them.

Peyote
    Free Member

For me the worst thing about Hopkins and the rest of the “I’m only saying what others think and are too afraid to say” right wing windbags is that, I don’t believe they’re offering their real opinion. It’s an act.

It must require some impressive doublethink and moral gymnastics to be able to justify doing this as a job. Can’t these people not see the influence they have and the link between what they say and the suffering it causes?

Can’t get my head around it. You must have to be so cynical about your life, society and humankind.

Peyote
    Free Member

Oh come on! She’s a household name, like Piers Morgan. If you manage to avoid her/him in the press, the internet, the TV and other media outlets you friends, family and colleagues may not be so lucky and eventually you learn about the guff they say.

chewkw
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

She’s most-likely freelancing for LBC.

I’m a freelance and if I were to advocate genocide on social media I wouldn’t be surprised to see my work dry up a bit.

Yes, you want to earn some money … I understand that …

But my question is if you (you lot) object to her views (regardless of that they are) and you know she is on … why tune in to listen after all you (you lot) have already made up your mind?

😯

nickhit3
    Free Member

It must require some impressive doublethink and moral gymnastics to be able to justify doing this as a job. Can’t these people not see the influence they have and the link between what they say and the suffering it causes?

Can’t get my head around it. You must have to be so cynical about your life, society and humankind.

OR… perhaps, just maybe, the cash people are willing to pay for this act is too good. Maybe.

bigblackshed

No.

Must resist.

Peyote
    Free Member

But my question is if you (you lot) object to her views (regardless of that they are) and you know she is on … why tune in to listen after all you (you lot) have already made up your mind?

Do you not understand that people and the media do not exist in a vacuum?!

chewkw
    Free Member

Peyote – Member

Oh come on! She’s a household name, like Piers Morgan …[/quote]

Not to me they don’t as I only know her from Apprentice and I only know the other bloke when he interviewed President Trump …

Occasionally, I see their headlines but that’s it … look at the headlines then move on …

I have my views … my views are always right, mine …. 😆

bigblackshed – Member
    No.

Must resist.

“We are the …, resistance is futile you will be assimilated … lower your shield … ” 😈

Peyote
    Free Member

OR… perhaps, just maybe, the cash people are willing to pay for this act is too good. Maybe.

Well, yes.

Do or say bad stuff and get a bag load of dosh, screw the consequences, but I think that would be quite cynical personally!

nickhit3
    Free Member

Yes, you want to earn some money … I understand that …

I dont think the majority tune in to be willing in their own offence- some will but I certainly don’t. For me, when her name crops up in, say, a global news site like the BBC, I just think “oh, yeah theres that hateful figure again” Thats as far as it goes in terms of participation. I suspect alot of people just associate Katie Hopkins’s name as a byword for all that is wrong with the cult of celebrity/mankind.

Peyote
    Free Member

I have my views … my views are always right, mine ….

’nuff said, thanks for the chat.

chewkw
    Free Member

Peyote – Member

I have my views … my views are always right, mine ….

’nuff said, thanks for the chat. [/quote] You do know that is a give/gift don’t you? 😛

nickhit3
    Free Member

Do or say bad stuff and get a bag load of dosh, screw the consequences, but I think that would be quite cynical personally!

That suggests she would have had a restless night moralising about taking the £££. She didn’t and likely never has in her career. Not for a second. I feel sorry for her children. That’s got to be tough on them. Knowing your mum spends her days being pimped on a digital street corner by the dark lord. No not Alice Cooper.

jimdubleyou

She’s opinion bag, reach in, grab one, spray it all over the internet / airways.

This always makes me laugh…

Hopkins declared she didn’t like “geographical names” such as Brooklyn or London, before Schofield pointed out that her own daughter’s name is India.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not to me they don’t as I only know her from Apprentice and I only know the other bloke when he interview President Trump

You only know of Piers Morgan for a Trump interview? How old are you?

chewkw
    Free Member

jimdubleyou – Member
    … Schofield pointed out that her own daughter’s name is India.

He is better off naming her daughter Assam or Darjeeling, Ceylon, Arabica or Robusta … 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Not to me they don’t as I only know her from Apprentice and I only know the other bloke when he interview President Trum

p
    You only know of Piers Morgan for a Trump interview? How old are you? [/quote]

Seriously, yes. From Youtbeu when he interviewed President Trump.

At one point I thought he was Tony Blair spoke person as I got him mixed up with Alastair Campbell … 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rationalisation is an evolutionary thing in my experiance – I suspect after The Apprentice she was looking for a gig, I think she liked the spotlight more than the prospect of becoming a soulless suited business drone afterwards. I’m not really inclined to go back through her history to find it, but I’m sure she started with a slightly inflammatory remark that she probably meant, got into a bit of trouble, but wait – trouble isn’t always a bad thing in her line of work, suddenly they want you to come on This Morning and defend it, your twitter followers doubles, even if half of them are just calling you a ****. Exposure, followers and likes, that’s how you make a living in that corner of the media – she probably told herself “oh it doesn’t matter, no one takes me seriously” or “it’s not a very serious topic” I seem to recall she was known for saying daft things about famous peoples daft kids names, pretty far removed from the sort of crap she spouts now, so you say something else inflammatory, and then something else, each time chipping away at what you think makes you moral, but pretty soon you’re not Katie Hopkins the person, you’re Katie Hopkins the brand, you’re the head of a team of people who work for KH Shitspouting Holdings Plc, and usually mentally separating yourself from what you’re doing by making it the business of a company of some type is enough to absolve yourself of any wrongdoing.

One day her star will fade, they always do, even famous types with proper real talents fade in the end, we forget about them, until they die anyway.

Whether this current age of fear pandering is near the end or just getting started who knows, I personally think that Trump could be the turning point, the point when the western world stopped and realised it’s all gone a bit far now.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Rationalisation is an evolutionary thing in my experiance – I suspect after The Apprentice she was looking for a gig, I think she liked the spotlight more than the prospect of becoming a soulless suited business drone afterwards. I’m not really inclined to go back through her history to find it, but I’m sure she started with a slightly inflammatory remark that she probably meant, got into a bit of trouble, but wait – trouble isn’t always a bad thing in her line of work, suddenly they want you to come on This Morning and defend it, your twitter followers doubles, even if half of them are just calling you a ****. Exposure, followers and likes, that’s how you make a living in that corner of the media – she probably told herself “oh it doesn’t matter, no one takes me seriously” or “it’s not a very serious topic” I seem to recall she was known for saying daft things about famous peoples daft kids names, pretty far removed from the sort of crap she spouts now, so you say something else inflammatory, and then something else, each time chipping away at what you think makes you moral, but pretty soon you’re not Katie Hopkins the person, you’re Katie Hopkins the brand, you’re the head of a team of people who work for KH Shitspouting Holdings Plc, and usually mentally separating yourself from what you’re doing by making it the business of a company of some type is enough to absolve yourself of any wrongdoing.

One day her star will fade, they always do, even famous types with proper real talents fade in the end, we forget about them, until they die anyway.

Whether this current age of fear pandering is near the end or just getting started who knows, I personally think that Trump could be the turning point, the point when the western world stopped and realised it’s all gone a bit far now.

nailed it.

AlexSimon

I hope you’re right P-Jay

Peyote
    Free Member

P-jay – Yeah, I can see how that would happen. A slippery slope and before you know it you knee deep in the gutter press with a bulging bank account.

I hope you’re right at hitting peak fear-pandering.

gonzy
    Free Member

spot on P-Jay but…

but in the meantime we have to suffer the endless shite that comes out of her beak

ideally she could be shipped of to a remote island never to return or be dumped in the middle of the sahara desert …preferably buried in the sand up to her neck

Cougar

ideally she could be shipped of to a remote island never to return or be dumped in the middle of the sahara desert …preferably buried in the sand up to her neck

Which way up?

jam-bo

the amount of shit she spouts it might be hard to tell.

gonzy
    Free Member

the amount of shit she spouts it might be hard to tell.

answer of the day!! 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

At one point I thought he was Tony Blair spoke person as I got him mixed up with Alastair Campbell …

Not difficult to do. For you…

P-Jay
    Free Member

but in the meantime we have to suffer the endless shite that comes out of her beak

Sometimes it’s better the devil you know, there will always be a blow-hard to feed that market, maybe it’s better to have a discredited laughing stock that only the hardcore hard of thinking believe rather than someone with an air of credibility.

The Heil, The Sun, UKIP, Trump none of them were dangerous back when no one really took them seriously, but combination of financial unrest and a new era of terrorism makes people take them a bit more seriously.

I hope that Corbyn’s speech today has resonated with people, it was very good. It’s very telling to me that it’s front page news that a leader of a party has finally equated our two terrible wars with a rise in Terrorism, not a reduction like it’s a new concept. Not that it matters, I mistakenly listened to Jeremy Vine today, some well spoken chap came on, called him a coward and a traitor and wailed about how JC actually engaged on talks with the IRA (although he said stood shoulder to shoulder with them which I don’t believe he did) the irony thing was that end of The Troubles was an excellent example of how talking and negotiation can actually resolve a war and not inflame one, but this guy didn’t see it – he still thought you could play whackamole with terrorists – kill or capture them whenever they raise their head, but he didn’t see for every 1 you kill, they recruit 10 more because of it.

Northwind

ninfan – Member

instead of resorting to extra-judicial sackings?

Or “sackings” as they’re more normally called. I don’t think there’s many organisations where advocating genocide wouldn’t be considered troublesome. Oh yes, because “So if its against the law, why don’t we prosecute her”- they did, she’s been found guilty of libel twice and cost her employers at least £150000.

P-Jay – Member

For me the worst thing about Hopkins and the rest of the “I’m only saying what others think and are too afraid to say” right wing windbags is that, I don’t believe they’re offering their real opinion. It’s an act..

I’m sure it’s an act- but thing is, if you wake up in the morning and think “what terrible thing can I say today in order to make money”, you’re a pretty awful person anyway so I can’t get too bothered about the exact column her shitehawkery should be filed in.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

do you think that without being able to demonstrate wrongdoing it would be called unfair dismissal?

No, it’s called terminating the contract of a freelance contractor. No reason or notice need be given.

Cougar

I don’t even know that much about her apart from Apprentice …

You should look her up, Chewkw, I think you might like her.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Seriously, yes. From Youtbeu when he interviewed President Trump.

At one point I thought he was Tony Blair spoke person as I got him mixed up with Alastair Campbell

How old are you? I mean he was Editor of a number of major newspapers, been on HIGNFY, constantly referenced in Private Eye, panel member on some talent programme, implicated in the phone hacking scandal. I mean high culture low culture, mainstream media or alternative. News or entertainment, he’s been around for a while. I can’t see how you could have missed him

aracer
    Free Member

So if its unfair dismissal, why doesn’t she take them to court?

Though you need to remember that there may a difference between “in your opinion” and “in the opinion of a tribunal panel”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 237 total)

The topic ‘Hopkins sacked from LBC’ is closed to new replies.