• This topic has 236 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 237 total)
  • Hopkins sacked from LBC
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I can’t see how you could have missed him

I don’t believe for a second that he doesn’t know who Piers Morgan is.

There isn’t a single person in the UK that couldn’t pick Piers Morgan out of a lineup with him and 20 Piers Morgan lookalikes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

true it would be easy as he would still be the biggest **** in the room and the smuggest

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    You should look her up, Chewkw, I think you might like her.

I don’t think she can add anything new to my views … 😛

CharlieMungus – Member
    How old are you? I mean he was Editor of a number of major newspapers, been on HIGNFY, constantly referenced in Private Eye, panel member on some talent programme, implicated in the phone hacking scandal.

Does age matter? Probably older than you if that matters. 😀

Editor? So? … to be honest I don’t read newspapers regardless … never have been for a very long long time …

The only news I read are those that broadcast out like background noise from BBC and Channel 4 media trolls. The latter is for me to see what tricks they are up to …

Talent what? You mean those reality shows? No, I don’t watch them.

I mean high culture low culture, mainstream media or alternative. News or entertainment, he’s been around for a while. I can’t see how you could have missed him

What culture?

Like I say the longest attention span I give him was when he interviewed President Trump … other than that I channel surf to other things.

I watch channels from all over the world on Youbtue … 😛

nealglover – Member
    There isn’t a single person in the UK that couldn’t pick Piers Morgan out of a lineup with him and 20 Piers Morgan lookalikes.

Honestly I only made an effort, recently, to remember him because he interviewed President Trump.

Like I said I thought he was Alistair Campbell … honest … 😆 Then I noticed one of them has a slightly curly hairs … I thought hang on … something is not right there … then I switch off …

aracer
    Free Member

At quite a distance with the aid of a suitable scope…

Pyro

I sent the following to an acquaintance who campaigned to reverse the Leeds Uni Union ban on the BNP campaigning on campus, on the basis of ‘free speech’. It seems kind of appropriate.

“1 – The ‘right to free speech’ only means that you will not be persecuted by the state for espousing your opinion. It doesn’t mean anyone has to listen to or put up with your shit.

2 – The flip side of a right is a responsibility. You have a right to say what you want, but you also have a responsibility to accept the consequences of what you say. That means you need to deal with whatever comes back at you as a response to you exercising your right – as long as those come-backs are legal and above board, you have no reason to bitch about it.

3 – Your right doesn’t supercede anyone else’s right. If you shout your opinion and someone shouts you down louder, that’s your problem.”

To me, the odious Hopkins is starting to get her comeuppance, and as long as it’s all legal and above-board, that’s fine. Interviews I’ve read with her indicate that she’s a delusional sensationalist who writes for reaction and thinks that as long as her hate-speech adheres to the rule of grammar, then it’s all okay. Maybe she’s started finding out that it’s not, but I suspect that part hasn’t pierced her consciousness bubble yet. Soon, maybe…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Does age matter? Probably older than you if that matters.

Well, yes because he was well known at a time before multiple media streams, so you could not really have surfed away from him.

Editor? So? …

So.. that is quite an influential position to hold

to be honest I don’t read newspapers regardless … never have been for a very long long time …

since 1994?

The only news I read are those that broadcast out like background noise from BBC and Channel 4 media trolls. The latter is for me to see what tricks they up to …

Which is hy it might be worth knowing the individuals with editorial influence

Talent what? You mean those reality shows? No, I don’t watch them.

You know the ones, like The Apprentice, where you know Katie Hopkins from

I mean high culture low culture, mainstream media or alternative. News or entertainment, he’s been around for a while. I can’t see how you could have missed him
    What culture?

Like I say the longest attention span I give him was when he interviewed President Trump … other than that I channel surf to other things.

So.. you know you have surfed away from him?

I watch channels from all over the world on Youbtue …

He’s on Youtube as well

chewkw
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member
    Well, yes because he was well known at a time before multiple media streams, so you could not really have surfed away from him.

I did coz the news have no interest to me whatsoever. Not important to me at all. 🙄

So.. that is quite an influential position to hold

Not to me he is not. To me no one can … 😛

since 1994?

Much longer than that … 😆

Which is hy it might be worth knowing the individuals with editorial influence

Very easy. They are all drones that should not be trusted … all news regardless. 😛

You know the ones, like The Apprentice, where you know Katie Hopkins from

Okay … I watch two episode of The Apprentice by Lord Sugar …

So.. you know you have surfed away from him?

I don’t watch him to be honest unless he interview President Trump again. 😆

He’s on Youtube as well

So? Really I don’t have any interest in his views coz mine is much better.

I love my views me and I know I am always right i.e. me, myself and I. 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Jesus Chewkw, even on a thread referencing Hopkins, Morgan and Trump you manage to be the biggest arse.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I love my views me and I know I am always right i.e. me, myself and I

Then, why do you come here?

Not to me he is not. To me no one can

I meant at a national level

I did coz the news have no interest to me whatsoever. Not important to me at all

Well, that explains a certain level of culpable ignorance.

Very easy. They are all drones that should not be trusted … all news regardless

That may be so, but they can still be listened to with a certain criticality.

chewkw
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member
    Jesus Chewkw, even on a thread referencing Hopkins, Morgan and Trump you manage to be the biggest arse.

How? 😯

CharlieMungus – Member
    Then, why do you come here?

To make friends. 😛

I meant at a national level

I have no interest in him whatsoever regardless of level …

Well, that explains a certain level of culpable ignorance.

Tell me what is new?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I have no interest in him whatsoever regardless of level …

How do you know?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Tell me what is new?

Not likely!

coz the news have no interest to me whatsoever.

Cougar

since 1994?

To be fair to Chewkw here, the last time I read a newspaper it was because Linda Lusardi and Kathy Lloyd were on page 3.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you know who Piers Morgan is ?

Do you actually believe him when he says well anything actually …probably unwise to ask that of a mod as its not like you can reply

All hail the kill file

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

since 1994?

To be fair to Chewkw here, the last time I read a newspaper it was because Linda Lusardi and Kathy Lloyd were on page 3[/quote]

Yes, I remember Kathy Lloyd the page 3 in the Sun.

I remember when I first arrived to see page 3. I couldn’t believe what I saw … I thought the national newspaper had gone “pron”. 😆

I only look at page 3 in those days btw …

Cougar

Do you actually believe him when he says well anything actually …probably unwise to ask that of a mod as its not like you can reply

I have no idea TBH. Though I expect nor does he. (-:

zippykona

eddiebaby – Member
    POSTED 23 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

That made me laugh.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I thought hang on … something is not right there … then I switch off …

Suddenly your views and voting record make sense, Chewkw. 😛

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I thought hang on … something is not right there … then I switch off …

reboot for an upgrade?

nealglover
    Free Member

😆

Ain’t that the truth

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Check out Mungus bullying an immigrant because he is not au fait with a couple of media trolls. 😈

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How are you defining immigrant? are we not all global citizens?

keithr
    Free Member

Aside from the fact that the “Professional Opinion-Haver” (as I once saw her described, which amused me very much) is by any reckoning a vile stain on humanity, it’s important that we don’t forget just how monumentally stupid she is.

She once started flapping her mouth about how she wouldn’t let her kids associate with “lower class” kids with names like “Chardonnay”.

Pressed, she admitted that she was judging entire familiies’ entire social worth on the the names of their bairns.

She then went on to point out that she also didn’t like kids who were given “geographical” names – “Paris”, “Brooklyn” and the like.

Then someone pointed out that the dozy cow’s own daughter is called “India”.

I have door-knobs with more brains than she’s got. And it says a lot that – thick as she is – she still connects with Right wing knuckle-draggers on equal terms…

CountZero

eddie11 – Member
    she articulates sod all and speaks for no one. Don’t dress her up as some right wing social commentator.

She has no agenda, no ideology, no politics other than self promotion. never has.

She just takes contrary and sometimes (well often) offensive opinions on anything and everything just for self promotion. She has been a useful generator of clicks for a range of employers but there is only so long she can be useful for. there is probably a random Katie Hopkins opinion generator somewhere on the web these days.
    Sums up quite succinctly my feelings about her.

For those who oppose Katie Hopkins you seem to enjoy reading her views so much so you understand everything about her …

I don’t even know that much about her apart from Apprentice …
    I know you can be pretty self-obsessed, but surely it isn’t beyond you to be able to fathom out that one doesn’t need to have read anything written by her, or the execrable Piers Morgan for that matter, or seen a single episode of The Apprentice, to be aware of her presence?
    You don’t have to be stood in the middle of a sewage plant to be able to smell it quite some distance away, same with those two, in that they get referenced in news sources elsewhere, usual in less than flattering terms.
    🙄

keithr
    Free Member

Very well put, Count!

keithr
    Free Member

How are you defining immigrant? are we not all global citizens?

Explain UKIP, then..?

😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I thought she was way OTT to have any credibility, or to be taken seriously. Obviously she wound up a lot of SJWs (doesn’t take much), but I think her trolling could have done with some refinement.

leffeboy

but I think her trolling could have done with some refinement.

😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Katie Hopkins is a product of our time. A vastly expanded array of ‘channels’ to broadcast ‘views’ combined with a uniquely gullible (at least since the days of witch-hunts) audience.

I say ‘views’ advisedly, because I very much doubt they are her real views. She is simply a publicity whore who reached a critical mass where it became financially advantageous for rags like the Fail to give her more of a platform. When you realise this, the spell is broken and you cease to be outraged or even bothered. 🙂

The disturbing thing is the existence of the required level of gullibility to allow this to happen.

Worst are the muppets who think the likes of Hopkins ‘represents’ them and lap it all up, no matter what. To these people I say “you do realise that she guffaws with the rest of her crew at soirees about how utterly **** stupid the great unwashed must be to believe her crap and get away with it, don’t you?”

A level higher on the ‘learning to read without moving their lips’ scale are the outraged. Again, they actually think she is committed to her supposed views rather than her notoriety and bank balance. But at least these people don’t actually follow her.

It’s all one big sham. She spouts some crap, loads of people take notice, she earns more cash. The baffling thing is that grown ups are taken in by her and allow themselves to be willing tossed off like this.

At least the folk who used to boo Kendo Nagasaki on the ITV wrestling were (mostly) aware that it was all a show, a sort of panto. Even kids know panto when they see it.

Cougar

Aside from the fact that the “Professional Opinion-Haver” (as I once saw her described, which amused me very much) is by any reckoning a vile stain on humanity

“Professional Opinion-Giver” seems more appropriate to me. As Dannyh just said, whether she actually has those opinions is a matter of speculation.

Then someone pointed out that the dozy cow’s own daughter is called “India”.

That was Philip Schofield, on whatever morning TV show it is he presents.

Cougar

Even kids know panto when they see it.

Oh no they don’t.

tomhoward

but I think her trolling could have done with some refinement

you think she was too subtle?

Cougar

you think she was too subtle?

You over-estimate her target audience.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just for chewky, this is Piers Morgan, a successful english batsman, enjoying an over in the nets.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgAqNSAD1U[/video]

dannyh
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Even kids know panto when they see it.
    Oh no they don’t.

POSTED 39 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

dannyh
    Free Member

I really, really wish Brett Lee had properly crusted Morgan. Then strolled off and left him laying in a pile of broken teeth and stumps.

But, not even getting into line Piers? What an utter Walter Mitty.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chest_Rockwell – Member

Check out Mungus bullying an immigrant because he is not au fait with a couple of media trolls.

CharlieMungus is my friend coz he is a baiter.

I like someone who can fish.

Edit: Oh ya he is Not bullying and should be encouraged to interact with me in such a way as I totally welcome that. 😆

You see CharlieMungus is strong and stand his ground unlike some of you the weaker lot running to the mods … I like CharlieMungus me. 😛

dannyh
    Free Member

So, chewkw, you are just a troll then, yeah?

Thank heavens.

I was actually worried for a bit that you might, er, well, er (concerned voice) think you were ‘part of something‘ with all the far-right bullshit. 😐

keithr
    Free Member

I used to be a qualified coarse angling coach, and once beat the then World Champ Tommy Pickering on the next peg, in a match on the River Erne at Enniskillen,

Do I qualify?

chewkw
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

So, chewkw, you are just a troll then, yeah?

No, am not a troll.

Because it started with proper questions then answers but everyone did (still dont I guess) not believe me then started to make assumption about me.

When they finally run of ideas they call me troll … oh c’mon. 🙄

keithr – Member

I used to be a qualified coarse angling coach, and once beat the then World Champ Tommy Pickering on the next peg, in a match on the River Erne at Enniskillen,

Do I qualify? [/quote] That depends … if you fish with your expensive gadgets then everyone can do that so not that qualify. 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 237 total)

The topic ‘Hopkins sacked from LBC’ is closed to new replies.