Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope vision 2's
  • deep_river
    Free Member

Bright enough on their own, or do I need to add another source?

t-p26
    Free Member

I`ve got one and its fine for me… depends on how good YOUR eyes are in the dark..

shindiggy
    Free Member

Depends on how fast your looking to go, they produce a wide flood and therefore limited in how much light actually gets projected down the trail.

I compliment mine with a helmet light.

Depending on how much money your looking to spend, they are better alternatives out there.

deep_river
    Free Member

What are the better alternatives for about £200.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i have Hope Vision 2 (attached to my helmet) its better on your helmet as its higher up and you can pan round with it…
    i have a cat eye as back up too on the handlebars
    but i think the Hope is adequate on its own… (got mine from Merlincycles last year in the sale 😉

shindiggy
    Free Member

A lot of people rave above the MagicShine lights. These cost anything between £50-75 (yes that cheap) and produce upto 900 lumen as opposed to the Hopes 480.

I have the both, but don't really use the Hope's much now.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Vision 2 is absolutely fine on its own

elaineanne
    Free Member

well said steve ! and theres 4 settings too ! very bright :mrgreen:

Mugboo

I use the Vision 2 on me bars and one of cheap deal exreme torchs on me head son.

The Vision is ok on its own but as your bars aren't always facing where you want to go i find a helmet light means i can ride more techy stuff.

There are brighter lights than Hope but i reckon my Vision will last for ages, although as Led technology is moving fast there might be a good argument for selling on and upgrading while they still have a decent value?

We did a group buy from a guy in Scotland last year. Vision 2 with 2x batterys for £160 each. Think it was Gravity Sports or something like that?

iainc

What are the better alternatives for about £200.

if any use I am selling an Ayup for about half that, over on the classifieds, or email in profile if interested. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision 2's’ is closed to new replies.